I Bought Wendy A 1972 Ouija Board For Xmas!

RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Dec 29 2009, 10:10 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 29 2009, 10:08 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Dec 29 2009, 09:57 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 29 2009, 10:54 AM)
I saw a show once where they took a Ouija board pointer and inverted it and secured it to a glass table. Then they took the board and turned it upside down and set it atop the pointer and had the folks put their hands on that and then ask their questions. They didn't get any results. So try that at home and if you get any appreciable results then you can say it works.

I fail to see how that proved anything ? confused13.gif

It proved that those who use a Ouija board and get results are indeed subconsciously moving the pointer themselves.

The problem is not with the board but with the summoning of spirits. There are probably several ways of summoning an evil spirit/being. I think it's when a person pursues things in the spirit world that aren't holy that gets them into a mess. BTW. I believe that some people can operate as a stronger portal than others. But we all can tap into that realm imo.

Very, VERY well put. yes.gif

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to give an in-depth and considered opinion on this, examining every angle and giving proper creedence to all opinions.....

However, I'll settle for saying it's all horseshit yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 29 2009, 01:58 PM)
I saw a show once where they took a Ouija board pointer and inverted it and secured it to a glass table. Then they took the board and turned it upside down and set it atop the pointer and had the folks put their hands on that and then ask their questions. They didn't get any results. So try that at home and if you get any appreciable results then you can say it works.

It proved that those who use a Ouija board and get results are indeed subconsciously moving the pointer themselves.

The problem is not with the board but with the summoning of spirits. There are probably several ways of summoning an evil spirit/being. I think it's when a person pursues things in the spirit world that aren't holy that gets them into a mess. BTW. I believe that some people can operate as a stronger portal than others. But we all can tap into that realm imo.

Okay, so Quija boards are nothing more than worthless cardboard and plastic? confused13.gif

Bunk.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 29 2009, 01:42 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 29 2009, 01:58 PM)

Okay, so Quija boards are nothing more than worthless cardboard and plastic? confused13.gif

There are no special powers endowed into the cardboard and plastic. It's all what you do with it. You could build your own and do the same thing. I personally just wouldn't mess around with that stuff or recommend anyone do. Just my opinion...

honestly didnt think I would find so many believers in this thread, so I didnt bother popping in at first. Glad i finally did...

I have an interesting history with a possessive spirit...he followed me for years, and I didnt have to be on the board for him to taunt me, just be in the room. Started in high school went several years after college. He'd sing if he didnt want to answer questions...hated when males sat near me...

I stopped using it years ago, the experience became too "familiar" each time i used it , and he would essentially block other entities...making it no fun for anyone else.

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Dec 29 2009, 05:22 PM)
honestly didnt think I would find so many believers in this thread, so I didnt bother popping in at first. Glad i finally did...

I have an interesting history with a possessive spirit...he followed me for years, and I didnt have to be on the board for him to taunt me, just be in the room. Started in high school went several years after college. He'd sing if he didnt want to answer questions...hated when males sat near me...

I stopped using it years ago, the experience became too "familiar" each time i used it , and he would essentially block other entities...making it no fun for anyone else.

So this spirit came about after using the board?...And continued to follow you even if you werent using it?..Thats some freaky shit right there.

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Dec 29 2009, 05:22 PM)

Something similar happened to me...

Did you ever figure out who it was?

QUOTE (Fridge @ Dec 29 2009, 02:05 PM)
I'd like to give an in-depth and considered opinion on this, examining every angle and giving proper creedence to all opinions.....

I think you, ReRushed, and I are the only ones who share that sentiment.

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 30 2009, 07:56 AM)

Nope, you're not the only ones. I just didn't feel the need to call it that. But I thought my posts were pretty clear. Believers possibly feel our disbelief is horseshit too but none of them have said that (yet). wink.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 29 2009, 06:04 PM)

Nope, you're not the only ones. I just didn't feel the need to call it that. But I thought my posts were pretty clear. Believers possibly feel our disbelief is horseshit too but none of them have said that (yet). wink.gif

Make it 5...IMO it's horse shit yes.gif

laugh.gif I was just thinking about how great this discussion is...that nobody is calling names or insulting anothers beliefs. Its a fun topic and its great to hear everybodys point of view.

But I thought for sure this thread would be in SOCN by now.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Dec 29 2009, 04:09 PM)

laugh.gif I was just thinking about how great this discussion is...that nobody is calling names or insulting anothers beliefs. Its a fun topic and its great to hear everybodys point of view.

I'm just enjoying how many times the word "horseshit" has been used. Such a fine swear word that doesn't get nearly enough fanfare. no.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 29 2009, 07:15 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Dec 29 2009, 04:09 PM)

I'm just enjoying how many times the word "horseshit" has been used. Such a fine swear word that doesn't get nearly enough fanfare. no.gif

That's horseshit, Goobs!

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Dec 29 2009, 07:09 PM)

Nah, it isn't getting religious.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 29 2009, 11:04 PM)

Well, seeing as Penn and Teller managed to debunk it beyond all reasonable doubt, I look forward to seeing them present verifiable, reproducible evidence to the contrary.

If they can't then them thinking my opinion is horseshit is irrelevant. Evidence is not about subjectivity or injured feelings.....

QUOTE (Fridge @ Dec 30 2009, 08:29 AM)

Well, seeing as Penn and Teller managed to debunk it beyond all reasonable doubt, I look forward to seeing them present verifiable, reproducible evidence to the contrary.

If they can't then them thinking my opinion is horseshit is irrelevant. Evidence is not about subjectivity or injured feelings.....

I hear ya. But there's a strong likelihood that someone will be hurt by a call of horseshit, bullshit, pigshit, or whatever farm animal shit one says in regards to opinions/beliefs NO MATTER how logical the shit seems. That's a lot of shit tongue.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 29 2009, 11:39 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Dec 30 2009, 08:29 AM)

I hear ya. But there's a strong likelihood that someone will be hurt by a call of horseshit, bullshit, pigshit, or whatever farm animal shit one says in regards to opinions/beliefs NO MATTER how logical the shit seems. That's a lot of shit tongue.gif

Indeed.

But just because they are hurt doesn't make it any less true. wink.gif

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Dec 29 2009, 06:07 PM)

Make it 5...IMO it's horse shit yes.gif

It's also entirely possible that there are some people who are more open to things like this. And by "open" I dont mean open minded.

I don't think it's horseshit and I think potential conduits such as this shouldn't be mocked or taken lightly.

That's just IMO.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Dec 29 2009, 07:57 PM)
It's also entirely possible that there are some people who are more open to things like this. And by "open" I dont mean open minded.

I don't think it's horseshit and I think potential conduits such as this shouldn't be mocked or taken lightly.

That's just IMO.

I don't see the evidence that "portals to the other side" are "entirely possible." Where's the evidence? I haven't come across anything that proves any of this stuff.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 29 2009, 04:38 PM)
Personal testimony is not evidence.

True, but being able to scientifically prove something beyond the shadow of a doubt based on whatever criteria a scientist or layman chooses to use is far from essential for a lot of people in terms of believing something exists or not.

Personal experience is hard to deny, at least to the person who is experiencing it.

"Evidence" really is a subjective term.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 29 2009, 08:34 PM)

True, but being able to scientifically prove something beyond the shadow of a doubt based on whatever criteria a scientist or layman chooses to use is far from essential for a lot of people in terms of believing something exists or not.

Personal experience is hard to deny, at least to the person who is experiencing it.

wacko.gif

Science is based on the evidence at hand. If more or different or better evidence arises a new study or experiment is implemented. Science is on-going and self-correcting. Also, proper studies and experiments are double blind and there needs to be independent confirmation of the facts. Hence, evidence is not subjective.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 29 2009, 05:44 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 29 2009, 08:34 PM)

wacko.gif

Science is based on the evidence at hand. If more or different or better evidence arises a new study or experiment is implemented. Science is on-going and self-correcting. Also, proper studies and experiments are double blind and there needs to be independent confirmation of the facts. Hence, evidence is not subjective.

My evidence is my own personal experience, not what a scientist tells me based on their observations using whatever methodology is currently available.

It sounds like my version of evidence differs from yours.

Hence, subjective.

Of course whether evidence is subjective or not is also, apparently, subjective.

Archived