What's your excuse for a Friday night?

barney_rebel

Deadly tired - dogs took over the bed last night, very little sleep.

Well, I was SUPPOSED to go out with this girl who lives a few towns away, but she bailed on me. I only met her once at my job and we've been text messaged back and forth. She claims to really like me, but apparently her parents are not too happy with the situation. She told me she was available tonight, but her parents "wouldn't let her go out".

I really don't know/can't tell if she's making up excuses or not, but I'm aggravated because I really would like to see her again. I mean it's a definite possibility that it really is her parents who are keeping her back, which I understand because we're three years apart in age (I'm the older one). But I actually think she looks a little older, but that doesn't even matter now. I'm just kind of annoyed.

QUOTE (troutman @ Sep 5 2008, 11:52 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Sep 5 2008, 07:49 PM)
I had to work til 10

so your young, get your ass out!! laugh.gif biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Well I dont have a life so there! The drummer of my band is grounded so I cant hang out with him or Id surely be at his place jamming and writing songs with him!

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Sep 5 2008, 07:56 PM)
I had to work til 10

laugh.gif Well I dont have a life so there! The drummer of my band is grounded so I cant hang out with him or Id surely be at his place jamming and writing songs with him!

look, at your age that's no excuse 1287.gif now me on the other hand unsure.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

Edited by troutman

QUOTE (troutman @ Sep 6 2008, 12:12 AM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Sep 5 2008, 07:56 PM)
I had to work til 10

look, at your age that's no excuse 1287.gif now me on the other hand unsure.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

laugh.gif Ok im here! Thats my story and im stickin to it!

My 2nd shift guy called out, so I didn't even get home until almost 9pm. After that, I couldn't wait to finish my book.

Plus, if you're married not going out on a Friday night isn't exactly a rarity anymore laugh.gif

My usual excuse: stuck at remote work location with 1200 other sober people.

Just got done working out, eating, and showering. Since I'm an old hag, I don't go out this late! laugh.gif

QUOTE (rushbass @ Sep 19 2008, 09:08 PM)
I am a loving and devoted husband / father... wink.gif

Yes, you are, and bless you for it!

My Friday nights this fall consist of walking along the sidelines of high school football games, writing down notes and taking photos.

This past Friday, I was on the field midway through the final quarter when thunderstorm blew through. The bottom fell out, and everyone got soaked. Because of the lightning that came with the storm, the game was delayed 45 minutes.