National Football League - 2009

Inthend

QUOTE (Nootch @ Sep 5 2009, 12:08 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 31 2009, 11:34 AM)
Lions fan, but since they're usually out of the running by the end of October

I think they are out of it now.

Yeah, what #1 pick did they get this year?

Or did they sell him already? laugh.gif

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to Browns,Vikes game Sunday, My brother in law is a big Vikings fan. Told him he should keep his celebrating to a minimum until we leave Browns stadium. laugh.gif

Still no word from Mangini who the starting QB will be, hope it's Quinn don't like Anderson. But it really doesn't matter Browns still going to suck lucky if we get four wins.

QUOTE (Inthend @ Sep 6 2009, 03:16 PM)

Or did they sell him already?

Worse....they made him the starter with an o-line that resembles swiss cheese. banghead.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 10 2009, 01:57 PM)
Simmons has his Week 1 column up. A fun and entertaining read as always.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=simmons/090910

Buffalo at 2-14 is 100% pure BS.

I'd personally run off the troll that posted that tried to honestly push that opinion on this board.

And while it's easy to bash Detroit, I really think they'll win 6 this year.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 10 2009, 11:11 AM)

I'd personally run off the troll that posted that tried to honestly push that opinion on this board.

2-14 isn't too far off for Buffalo i don't think. I can easily see 4-12. And if it comes down to a few close games, who knows? Remember, they now have the T.O. show there, how will he and Evans work as a reciever tandem? Or T.O. and Edwards? And don't forget that Marshawn Lynch is gone the 1st three games of the season.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 8 2009, 09:44 PM)

Worse....they made him the starter with an o-line that resembles swiss cheese. banghead.gif

That's why Smith will have to be out in the flats for Stafford, he'll need an outlet, and while Calvin Johnson might be one of the better players in the league, it's hard to throw when your being pressured and your best reciever is being double covered.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Sep 10 2009, 04:19 PM)

2-14 isn't too far off for Buffalo i don't think. I can easily see 4-12. And if it comes down to a few close games, who knows? Remember, they now have the T.O. show there, how will he and Evans work as a reciever tandem? Or T.O. and Edwards? And don't forget that Marshawn Lynch is gone the 1st three games of the season.

Not sure that the Bills are going to win any of the first three games anyway.

And the worst team in the AFC East? BY FAR the New York Jets. TONS of problems on that team.

I think Buffalo will go 7-9 to 9-7 range. TO is a talent, and as long as he keeps his mouth shut and focuses....which he always seems to do for one season, and one season only (assuming history is an indicator in this case).

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 10 2009, 05:57 PM)
QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Sep 10 2009, 04:19 PM)

Not sure that the Bills are going to win any of the first three games anyway.

And the worst team in the AFC East? BY FAR the New York Jets. TONS of problems on that team.

I think Buffalo will go 7-9 to 9-7 range. TO is a talent, and as long as he keeps his mouth shut and focuses....which he always seems to do for one season, and one season only (assuming history is an indicator in this case).

Buffalo can't go over .500 just because they are in the AFC East. Through them in the West and it's a completely new story. But they already have 4 guaranteed loses since they play Miami and New England twice.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 8 2009, 11:44 PM)

At least he's young, and hopefully fast. laugh.gif

QUOTE (raptorcox @ Sep 10 2009, 10:15 PM)
Panther fan, want Jake D. gone though...

trink39.gif

Jake's got heart.

Gotta let him play. He has helped win games.

But yeah, he needs to play well to stay #1 QB.

Great game tonite. Steelers might pull it out. Canstandum. Canstandum. 062802puke_prv.gif

Oh shit!!! FUMBLE !!!! cheer.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 11 2009, 06:41 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 11 2009, 01:58 AM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Sep 10 2009, 09:16 PM)
Insane interception by Polaoauamumuamu.....

Looks like Palamalou might be out 3 to 6 weeks eh.gif

yeah, that looked pretty bad. ouch!

3-6 weeks is lucky, he could'v been gone a lot longer with how that looked.

Madden Curse anyone?

Brian Urlacher likely out for the season with wrist injury

By Vaughn McClure

Brian Urlacher appears to be out for the season after dislocating his right wrist, the linebacker said Monday. The team has not given the official word, but Lovie Smith is expected to address the issue during his afternoon press conference.

Urlacher injured his wrist in the first quarter of Sunday's 21-15 loss to the Packers. He was ruled out after halftime.

When asked about his status Monday, Urlacher said in a text message that his ``season is over.''

He was scheduled to undergo surgery Monday morning upon the team's arrival back in Chicago from Green Bay. A dislocated bone had to be surgerically put back in. The surgery might have revealed more extensive damage.

The Bears defensive co-captain and team leader entered the season healthy again coming off back and neck injuries. He had three tackles before leaving Sunday's game. Hunter Hillenmeyer replaced Urlacher in the lineup Sunday.

Starter Pisa Tinoisamoa also might be sidelined for a bit after spraining the posterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. Nick Roach stepped in for Tinoisamoa. Jamar Williams has to fit into the linebacker mix as well.

``We can't think about it,'' Tommie Harris said of life without the injured linebackers. ``We just have to go with the guys we have. It's a long season. They need to get healthy and get back out there. We're going to miss them if they miss time. But that's why the guys behind them get paid just like they do.''

Urlacher, in his 10th NFL season, is a six-time Pro Bowler and was the 2006 Defensive Player of the Year. The 31-year-old veteran is signed through 2012 and wants to play at least 15 NFL seasons, if possible.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Sep 14 2009, 11:45 AM)

By Vaughn McClure

Brian Urlacher appears to be out for the season after dislocating his right wrist, the linebacker said Monday. The team has not given the official word, but Lovie Smith is expected to address the issue during his afternoon press conference.

Urlacher injured his wrist in the first quarter of Sunday's 21-15 loss to the Packers. He was ruled out after halftime.

When asked about his status Monday, Urlacher said in a text message that his ``season is over.''

He was scheduled to undergo surgery Monday morning upon the team's arrival back in Chicago from Green Bay. A dislocated bone had to be surgerically put back in. The surgery might have revealed more extensive damage.

The Bears defensive co-captain and team leader entered the season healthy again coming off back and neck injuries. He had three tackles before leaving Sunday's game. Hunter Hillenmeyer replaced Urlacher in the lineup Sunday.

Starter Pisa Tinoisamoa also might be sidelined for a bit after spraining the posterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. Nick Roach stepped in for Tinoisamoa. Jamar Williams has to fit into the linebacker mix as well.

``We can't think about it,'' Tommie Harris said of life without the injured linebackers. ``We just have to go with the guys we have. It's a long season. They need to get healthy and get back out there. We're going to miss them if they miss time. But that's why the guys behind them get paid just like they do.''

Urlacher, in his 10th NFL season, is a six-time Pro Bowler and was the 2006 Defensive Player of the Year. The 31-year-old veteran is signed through 2012 and wants to play at least 15 NFL seasons, if possible.

sad.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 14 2009, 10:53 AM)
A Lions team giving up 45 ppg will extend that lovely losing streak to 33 by season's end.

Prarie View A&M, anyone? banghead.gif

Drew Brees is a monster though. Brees easily could dismantle any defence he wants to, espically with the group of recievers and backs he has in New Orleans.

Archived