National Football League - 2009

Inthend

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 7 2009, 01:14 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 7 2009, 12:13 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 7 2009, 09:54 AM)
Apparently Crabtree has agreed to a 6 year deal with Niners

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4538482

I hope Singletary RIDES his ass all over the place in practice  laugh.gif

He's got ALOT to prove to me personally....hope he is the real deal and that he doesn't pull any bullshit attitude.

I hope they put him on the scout team for the rest of the year, just to make a point.

Seriously.....the Niners are very likely to win the division without him.

Singletary has stated that he would welcome Crabtree if he could help the team to win. I'm expecting him to play in a few weeks as he trys to catch up on everything. Whether he is a factor or not is yet to be seen. It can't hurt. There is no denying that he is a very talented receiver.

Niners are playing pretty good right now but the fact is the offence is ranked almost at the bottom of the league (28th I believe). When Gore comes back healthy and Crabtree's addition adds a much needed deep threat we'll be ok.

Just what I thought...Crabtree will make his debut in first game after bye (vs. Texans on Oct. 25 ) I don't expect him to play a lot right away..I'm sure Coach Singletary will ease him into the lineup gradually until he catchs up to speed on everything.

Looking forward to see if he is indeed the real deal

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 8 2009, 03:01 PM)

He's got ALOT to prove to me personally....hope he is the real deal and that he doesn't pull any bullshit attitude.

I hope they put him on the scout team for the rest of the year, just to make a point.

Singletary has stated that he would welcome Crabtree if he could help the team to win. I'm expecting him to play in a few weeks as he trys to catch up on everything. Whether he is a factor or not is yet to be seen. It can't hurt. There is no denying that he is a very talented receiver.

Niners are playing pretty good right now but the fact is the offence is ranked almost at the bottom of the league (28th I believe). When Gore comes back healthy and Crabtree's addition adds a much needed deep threat we'll be ok.

Just what I thought...Crabtree will make his debut in first game after bye (vs. Texans on Oct. 25 ) I don't expect him to play a lot right away..I'm sure Coach Singletary will ease him into the lineup gradually until he catchs up to speed on everything.

That probably won't be answered until next year. He's too late in the game this year. Missing training camp and pre-season put him way behind.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Oct 8 2009, 04:06 PM)

That probably won't be answered until next year. He's too late in the game this year. Missing training camp and pre-season put him way behind.

True enough but that's ok...Niners timetable to be more successful in the league is underway under Singletary and hopefully Crabtree will contribute. Can't hurt to throw him out there rest of this year to learn.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 8 2009, 03:20 PM)

True enough but that's ok...Niners timetable to be more successful in the league is underway under Singletary and hopefully Crabtree will contribute. Can't hurt to throw him out there rest of this year to learn.

I agree with you completely. Throw him into the fire and let the learning begin.

Singletary looks to be a fine coach. His players respect him and play hard for him. There is nothing more important in a head coach than the respect factor.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Oct 8 2009, 04:38 PM)

I agree with you completely. Throw him into the fire and let the learning begin.

Singletary looks to be a fine coach. His players respect him and play hard for him. There is nothing more important in a head coach than the respect factor.

Look at how he handled Vernon Davis. Last year he really got on him and his primma-donna ways and now he is finally playing like he was envisioned to play coming out of college. Totally changed his attitude and now gets it as far as playing for a team.

I feel really good about the future...Davis, Gore, Coffee, Morgan and now Crabtree...not to mention Patrick Willis and the defence.

Edited to say Singletary is more and more reminding me of Bill Cowher.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 8 2009, 04:47 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Oct 8 2009, 04:38 PM)

Look at how he handled Vernon Davis. Last year he really got on him and his primma-donna ways and now he is finally playing like he was envisioned to play coming out of college. Totally changed his attitude and now gets it as far as playing for a team.

I feel really good about the future...Davis, Gore, Coffee, Morgan and now Crabtree...not to mention Patrick Willis and the defence.

Edited to say Singletary is more and more reminding me of Bill Cowher.

press conference with Coach and Crabtree...Singletary tells it like it is...

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/...a2-3a4b3b6c330d

QUOTE (softfilter @ Oct 7 2009, 01:00 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 7 2009, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (softfilter @ Oct 7 2009, 12:14 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 7 2009, 09:00 AM)
Browns trade Braylon Edwards to Jets

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...ts&confirm=true

Mangini just can't get enough of his former team, Edwards was gone by the end of the season regardless. He just hurried the process by punching a friend of LeBron James. Braylon last year was nothing but a problem on and off the field.( Although showing some signs of improvement, went back to his old ways he didn't catch a pass last week against the Bengals) But punching a buddie of KING James? You know that 's not going to fly in this town! fing.gif

Good luck Jets with " butter fingers" Edwards.

OK, that's what I thought. I knew the friend of LeBron thing was a factor.

Thanks for the inside info.

Officially Eric Mangini, said it had nothing to do with that, But c'mon incident happened early Monday morning and by today Edwards is traded?

Mangini has had enough distractions and conflict with fans and media sure he felt didn't need another one. And I'm sure Braylon knew he was in a even worse situation Not exactly Mr. popular around here.

the only coach that might be worse than Mangini is Lane Kiffin. Both of them look like they might cry at any second and come across as raging assholes. I honestly don;t get why they have jobs. Then again, Trent Dilfer is gainfully employed as an ESPN football analyst so I guess anything is possible.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Oct 8 2009, 09:08 PM)
the only coach that might be worse than Mangini is Lane Kiffin. Both of them look like they might cry at any second and come across as raging assholes. I honestly don;t get why they have jobs. Then again, Trent Dilfer is gainfully employed as an ESPN football analyst so I guess anything is possible.

goodpost.gif

I don't understand how Trent Dilfer lasted as a starting NFL QB honestly.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 9 2009, 09:15 AM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Oct 8 2009, 09:08 PM)
the only coach that might be worse than Mangini is Lane Kiffin.  Both of them look like they might cry at any second and come across as raging assholes.  I honestly don;t get why they have jobs.  Then again, Trent Dilfer is gainfully employed as an ESPN football analyst so I guess anything is possible.

goodpost.gif

I don't understand how Trent Dilfer lasted as a starting NFL QB honestly.

And the fact he lost his starting job in Cleveland to Charlie Frye speaks volumes!! laugh.gif

Charlie Frye only thing he was half way good in, was a series of McDonalds commercials with his team mate.... Braylon Edwards.

No team has ever gone 0-3 and won the SB.

Until this year.

The Panthers will earn a wild card spot and I say this with a straight face...

GO ALL THE WAY.

You heard it here first.

Now deal with it.

bolt.gif

Looks like Broncos are for real, glad for Canton Mckinley grad Josh McDaniels. Bad day for Beantown!

And the Browns actually won in the battle of The Lake Erie trash. What a horrible game 6-3. schla03.gif

But a wins a win, didn't think it would happen. smile.gif

QUOTE (Inthend @ Oct 11 2009, 03:35 PM)

Until this year.

GO ALL THE WAY.

You heard it here first.

Now deal with it.

bolt.gif

Ok, as long as you can deal with the 5 and 0, Dever Broncos !!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 653.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 11 2009, 05:08 PM)

Until this year.

GO ALL THE WAY.

You heard it here first.

Now deal with it.

bolt.gif

Ok, as long as you can deal with the 5 and 0, Dever Broncos !!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 653.gif

Is Dever a new team?? confused13.gif unsure.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Oct 11 2009, 07:54 PM)
Looks like Broncos are for real, glad for Canton Mckinley grad Josh McDaniels. Bad day for Beantown!
And the Browns actually won in the battle of The Lake Erie trash. What a horrible game 6-3. schla03.gif

The Bills/Browns game was BRUTAL

You know it is a horrible game when the winning QB only completes 2 out of 17 passes for 23 yards wacko.gif

Man did my Niners get spanked...don't know what happened to the D but the whole team stank really. Going to be a rough bye week for them...hope they bounce back after the bye.

QUOTE (troutman @ Oct 11 2009, 09:24 PM)

Until this year.

GO ALL THE WAY.

You heard it here first.

Now deal with it.

bolt.gif

Yes, but you still route the the same old Raiders. They haven't been good in years. doh.gif firedevil.gif

angel.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 12 2009, 07:42 AM)

I'm going to get a copy of that game, and then when my children are naughty, I'm going to make them watch it. laugh.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Oct 11 2009, 07:54 PM)

You know it is a horrible game when the winning QB only completes 2 out of 17 passes for 23 yards wacko.gif

No doubt, Now waiting to see if Mangini is going to flip flop again and have Brady Quinn start against Steelers. Not sold on Quinn either, but should just keep him at starter give him a chance for the rest of the season. Anderson already has had his opportunity he's like a roller coaster up and down, game winner or like yesterday's dismal performance.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 12 2009, 08:35 AM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Oct 12 2009, 08:58 AM)

I'm going to get a copy of that game, and then when my children are naughty, I'm going to make them watch it. laugh.gif

z7shysterical.gif

You're cruel!! tongue.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Oct 12 2009, 04:58 AM)

laugh.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 12 2009, 04:51 AM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Oct 11 2009, 09:24 PM)

Until this year.

GO ALL THE WAY.

You heard it here first.

Now deal with it.

bolt.gif

Yes, but you still route the the same old Raiders. They haven't been good in years. doh.gif firedevil.gif

angel.gif

tongue.gif

And I alway's will even if they suck!! laugh.gif Through thick and thin I alway's stick with my favorite teams!! biggrin.gif

You can never accuse me of switching teams like a lot of fans do these days. cat.gif 1287.gif tongue.gif

Archived