Power Windows

Moving Pictures

Signals

None of the three were any good.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen one called "2112" I think it was. They were OK but they tried looking like the band which is way too cheesy for me.

Then I saw one called "Book of Three" or something like that. These guys were really good. They were selling a CD of their own original material, which I purchased. One of the songs is pretty good, very Rush-like. In fact, funny story... I played it for a fellow Rush friend, telling them it was a new Rush single. They believed me until I owned up about it laugh.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Aug 18 2009, 12:17 PM)
Well who amongst us has actually seen a rush tribute band?

please spare us all the lame attempt at humor by saying dream theater.

I for one have never seen one but really I never had to the chance to do so. I do know there several rush cover groups out there.

Have you seen a rush tribute band, who were they and were they good?

I saw a live clip on one before with a girl singer. They did some of Hemispheres. At first I thought because she was a girl she'd have a higher vocal register and could nail Ged's high notes on that song. But unfortunately she was rather awful and hit all kinds of wrong notes. It was a disappointment in the end.

And DT rules, man!

QUOTE (tangy @ Aug 18 2009, 12:25 PM)

Hemispheres -New York

I saw these guys about 5 years ago on a rainy ass night in New Jersey. They were very good. This is the one and only time i have seen one. Iwould love to see another one soon

1022.gif

I've seen two: Moving Pictures and Caress of Steel. I did not like the Moving Pictures band. However, Caress of Steel is excellent. The Geddy Lee is right on the money. He is a very talented individual. Being a guitar player, I was less impressed with the guitarist but only because of his sound. Alex is very punchy and this guys sound, while good, was not punchy enough for my taste.

Check em out at www.cosband.com.

Years ago I saw a trib band called "Brush". They were only a pub band but were really quite awesome and played mostly early Rush up to Moving Pics.

They did a great Spirit of Radio, Freewill, Tom Sawyer. But came up short with the complex instrumentals like YYZ, LVS and Cygnus X-1

Still a great gig. but I don't think they're around any more unfortunately.

I have not seen a rush tribute band yet and dont think i will, i understand there are a few in the uk but resisted the last time they came to my city. I have recently been talking to lady on rush facebook and she sings in a rush tribute band in the states,still not sure how i would feel hearing a female singer singing rush songs smile.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

I've seen a few Rush tribute bands at several RushCons in the past. Some were pretty good.

One of my favorites was a brazilian based tribute group called Rosho. They played at the first RushCon. They had a lot of energy and played a lot of my fave songs.

Toronto Airport was another one that was good. Limelight played this past RushCon and were pretty good as well.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Aug 18 2009, 01:30 PM)
I've seen two:

Toronto Airport at a Rushcon

and

Trilogy

One of the members of Trilogy is a mod here at TRF. They are very good and put on a great show. They play lots of hte more obscure stuff. (and the drummer has Neils PW/MP era set)

Who?

never seen a Rush tribute band. A few days ago I did some searching and found some Rush tribute web sites and made a cdr of mp3's by these bands: 2112, Signals, Moving Pictures, and Animation. Been listening to 'em in my car the last few days. Pretty talented bands, although I'm pretty sick of hearing Tom Sawyer right about now cuz every band plays it.

Nope, never have. I follow four on Facebook: Wavelength, Camera Eye, Lotus Land, and Limelight, and have really thought about going to some of their gigs, but they're all just a little too far (unless I spend the money I'm saving up for Rush). But if Rush isn't touring until fall, I may need something to tide me over. Then it's a matter of clearing enough of my work schedule...

I haven't seen one live.

There is one here in Denver called The Spirit of Rush which isn't very good. After watching a couple of YouTube clips, I decided they weren't worth checking out.

I wanted to form one when I lived in Australia, but I literally couldn't find anybody.

We have a local Rush tribute band, Anthem. They are very good. I saw them last Spring, when they were closest to me in Tacoma. We're trying to set it up to film one of their performances. We need the practice. If we get it squared away, I'll let all the Seattle-area Rush Rats know for sure!

I've seen here in Rome the band Fate ride (that, over English "riders of destiny"-like meaning, is a tongue in cheek to italian-roman slang "you make us laugh") who play only Rush covers...

Last time I saw them, years ago, they had as special guests Mauro Munzi (drummer extraordinaire) and Massimo Conti (fantastic bassist and keyboardist), both big Rush fans and members of bands as Dhamm, Big Ones, etc.

Too bad, Fate Ride disbanded.

They played the usual classics in great shape smile.gif

I suggest to look for Dhamm live videos on Youtube, they're good smile.gif

I saw Lotus-Land last summer in Virginia Beach. I thought they did good job covering the songs. I was hoping they would do more pre GUP stuff as the singer (who kind of looks like a bald Geddy) seemed to be able to hit some of the high notes that Ged can't hit anymore. Not hating on Geddy so don't start with the "what's wrong with his voice? He sounded fine last time I saw him." Here's the link to their website

Lotus-Land

Hah! I was "technically" in one several years back (we never performed live...just liked getting together and playing Rush...musically we weren't horrible, as the tapes proved, but couldn't get a decent vocalist)

I've heard a few "recordings" of them (and their names escape me) one was decent (but again sucked vocally) and the other was horrible!

I'm mixed on tribute bands...I've seen The Machine (Floyd tribute) several times and while they are pretty good, nothing spectacular (same with the Australian Pink Floyd)

The BEST tribute band I've ever seen was Musical Box! (Genesis) They did The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, in costume, AND with some of the original film that Genesis used and it was AMAZING!