irritating commercials

circumstantial tree

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 16 2012, 01:46 PM)
I have had enough of the stupid Geico piggie.  The first ad "wee-wee-wee all the way home" was bad enough.

But the new one, with the pig on the zipline?  I want Mayhem from the Allstate ads to barbeque the Geico pig, and the sooner the better.

Oh my god yes! Why that f***ing weeing pig deserved a sequel commercial I don't know. I almost sprained my ganecktagazoink trying to change channels. I agree- he needs to wee right into a smoker.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 16 2012, 01:46 PM)
I have had enough of the stupid Geico piggie. The first ad "wee-wee-wee all the way home" was bad enough.

But the new one, with the pig on the zipline? I want Mayhem from the Allstate ads to barbeque the Geico pig, and the sooner the better.

and then have Flo, with the big red lips, from progressive insurance, gnawing and chomping on some barbecued pork chops. rofl3.gif

Another recent one that annoys the crap out of me - I think it's for cars.com. It has the lady in the parking lot running after moving cars and shrieking, "HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY FOR YOUR NEW CAR!?!?!?"

I keep hoping there's a senior citizen back there somewhere who will accidentally stomp on the accelerator, thinking it's the brake, and mow her over.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 17 2012, 05:43 PM)
Redundant thread: all commercials are irritating!

MOST are irritating. But a few of them are funny as hell. Like Allstate's "Mayhem". I have a crush on him.

The UK has some of the best TV spots going, from what I've seen.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jan 17 2012, 05:09 PM)
Not Doritos. They always have a decent ad. Same as Allstate's Mayhem or Discover Card's Peggy commercials

I think we can all relate to the "Peggy" commercials. How many times have you called tech help and got the foreign accent that offers no legitimate help.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 17 2012, 05:08 PM)

MOST are irritating. But a few of them are funny as hell. Like Allstate's "Mayhem". I have a crush on him.

Yeah but one thing that always annoys me is the VOLUME! Commercials always seem to be twice as loud as the TV show/movie, which often means scrambling for the mute button when you're dying to go to the loo... wacko.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 17 2012, 03:23 PM)

Yeah but one thing that always annoys me is the VOLUME! Commercials always seem to be twice as loud as the TV show/movie, which often means scrambling for the mute button when you're dying to go to the loo... wacko.gif

Compression. The FCC made a rule that commercials couldn't be any louder than the loudest sound in the shows. Damned admen took that to mean the whole ad could be that loud. Kind of like Vapor Trails... wink.gif laugh.gif

That Flo chick looks just like the b*itch who stole my Les Paul Anniversary. I mean EXACTLY like her. It's freaking scary! And, no it can't be her because she's over 70 now... Still... 062802puke_prv.gif

Edited by HowItIs

The "that's so 6 seconds ago" commercials. Not sure who it's for - but some cell phone company I believe.

If those people were my friends, I would have found less asshole-ish friends faster than "6 seconds ago"

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jan 18 2012, 12:04 PM)
The "that's so 6 seconds ago" commercials. Not sure who it's for - but some cell phone company I believe.

If those people were my friends, I would have found less asshole-ish friends faster than "6 seconds ago"

rofl3.gif

And what's this i hear about Maxwell?

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jan 18 2012, 01:01 PM)
The State Farm discount double check ads are LAME. It's time for them to GO. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Haven;t seen ONE discount double check dance since Michael Boley did it for his 2 sacks of Aaron Rodgers last sunday

GO G MEN!

There's a new commercial for the Atkins Diet. This commercial doesn't bother me necessarily, but I think it unintentionally shows why the Atkins Diet is not a good thing. The woman in the commercial, whose name I believe is Courtney Thorne Smith of Ally McBeal fame, looks skeletal in that commercial. It's really sad that anybody would endorse that as being healthy.

The "mayhem" State Farm spots. 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif If I was their customer, I would cancel my policy and let them know it was because of these ads.

Any commercial that shows reckless, aggressive, dangerous driving, with the small "professional driver on closed course" caption. 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif If I was independantly wealthy, I would make it my life's work to coordinate class-action lawsuits against these guys by anyone who'd seen one of these ads and then had an accident.

Edited by They Bow Defeated

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jan 18 2012, 04:53 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 17 2012, 03:23 PM)

Compression. The FCC made a rule that commercials couldn't be any louder than the loudest sound in the shows. Damned admen took that to mean the whole ad could be that loud. Kind of like Vapor Trails... wink.gif laugh.gif

That Flo chick looks just like the b*itch who stole my Les Paul Anniversary. I mean EXACTLY like her. It's freaking scary! And, no it can't be her because she's over 70 now... Still... 062802puke_prv.gif

goodpost.gif

I remember hearing they were going to do this, but since the commercials seemed just as loud I figured it didn't pass.

But I have to go with the same answer the last time I posted in this thread..."all of them". Thankfully for the DVR I don't have to watch many, except at light speed.

I am waiting for the company who makes one in suuuuupppeeerr slow-mo so that people ff-ing can see it at real speed. You watch. Someone will do it!

Oh, that rule has been in place for years, Presto. There is another one in the works, though, that tries to get around that loophole. Yeah. Right. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jan 24 2012, 05:25 AM)
Oh, that rule has been in place for years, Presto. There is another one in the works, though, that tries to get around that loophole. Yeah. Right. sarcasm.gif

I hope so. I hate when I happen to not ff and the sound is off the charts loud. comp26.gif

BTW, I did think of a group of commercials that I do hate with a passion. The ones for free credit report dotcom (don't even want to make a possible link!) The ones where the band plays "catchy" little tunes about getting your credit report. I saw one recently and either the lead singer is different or he changed his look drastically. My guess is he quit because at first he thought, "what a great way to get my name out there as a singer", and then he was known as the free credit report dot com band guy. He probably had to play every one of those stupid songs any time he played at a bar. Poor guy!

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Jan 24 2012, 04:32 AM)
BTW, I did think of a group of commercials that I do hate with a passion. The ones for free credit report dotcom (don't even want to make a possible link!) The ones where the band plays "catchy" little tunes about getting your credit report. I saw one recently and either the lead singer is different or he changed his look drastically. My guess is he quit because at first he thought, "what a great way to get my name out there as a singer", and then he was known as the free credit report dot com band guy. He probably had to play every one of those stupid songs any time he played at a bar. Poor guy!

OMG I hate those! The old band, the new band... don't care. Hate 'em.

The Trojan vibrator commercial. Why does the GUY have his hair blown back? unsure.gif

The free credit report dot com music seems like the kind of thing a hard partying college freshman could get into. Immature.