Suddenly you were gone....

darth by tor

My wife's best friend and fellow Rush Head Passed away yesterday after a long term battle with cancer.

Just forty years old, Kristin had been a devoted fan since first hearing Permanent Waves soon after its release and thereafter attending every tour often multiple times.

When she originally got the all clear from cancer back in December 2005 I arranged a suprise Rush themed party I even got a dedicated signed Photo from Rush themselves.

Kristin was well enough last summer to enjoy her last Rush show from the orchestra pit at SPAC, I was proud to stand next to her cheer with her and hold her aloft so she could get a closer look.

She always thought of Rush almost having divine influence throughout her life and none more so than when she met her idol Geddy Lee when travelling in Europe in 1996.

Even at the end there seemed to be some, her father when selecting her casket told me the model number was...2112

RIP: Kristin Marie Romano 1968-2009

My condolences, man. That's very sad. sad.gif

I think Geddy, Alex, and Neil would all be quite touched. RIP, and condolences. rose.gif

rose.gif

"I have passed a mountain peak and my soul is soaring in the

Firmament of complete and unbound freedom;

I am far, far away, my companions, and the clouds are

Hiding the hills from my eyes.

The valleys are becoming flooded with an ocean of silence, and the

Hands of oblivion are engulfing the roads and the houses;

The prairies and fields are disappearing behind a white specter

That looks like the spring cloud, yellow as the candlelight

And red as the twilight.

The songs of the waves and the hymns of the streams

Are scattered, and the voices of the throngs reduced to silence;

And I can hear naught but the music of Eternity

In exact harmony with the spirit's desires.

I am cloaked in full whiteness;

I am in comfort; I am in peace. "

QUOTE (darth by tor @ May 23 2009, 12:18 PM)
My wife's best friend and fellow Rush Head Passed away yesterday after a long term battle with cancer.
Just forty years old, Kristin had been a devoted fan since first hearing Permanent Waves soon after its release and thereafter attending every tour often multiple times.
When she originally got the all clear from cancer back in December 2005 I arranged a suprise Rush themed party I even got a dedicated signed Photo from Rush themselves.

Kristin was well enough last summer to enjoy her last Rush show from the orchestra pit at SPAC, I was proud to stand next to her cheer with her and hold her aloft so she could get a closer look.

She always thought of Rush almost having divine influence throughout her life and none more so than when she met her idol Geddy Lee when travelling in Europe in 1996.
Even at the end there seemed to be some, her father when selecting her casket told me the model number was...2112

hug2.gif hug2.gif My prayers.

*RIP Kristin* rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif

QUOTE (rhyv @ May 23 2009, 08:17 PM)
QUOTE (darth by tor @ May 23 2009, 12:18 PM)

hug2.gif hug2.gif My prayers.

*RIP Kristin* rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif

That's just too damn young....

My deepest condolences sad.gif

So sorry to hear of your friend's loss. I pray for healing for you and the others who knew her best.

I believe in the positive power of good music. Rush has this effect on me. Glad to hear you got to enjoy some shows together. Kristin sounds like a good soul.

rose.gif

This is tragic news in one so young R I P Kristin, rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif

rose.gif RIP Kristin rose.gif

angel.gif

"Sunlight dances through the leaves

Soft winds stir the sighing trees

Lying in the warm grass

Feel the sun upon your face

Elven songs and endless nights

Sweet wine and soft relaxing lights

Time will never touch you

Here in this enchanted place...."

My condolences. I just played a benefit on Saturday for a young guy with pretty bad cancer. It is so sad and seems to be hitting people at a younger age all the time.

My sincerest condolences.

My mom passed away rather unexpectedly two weeks ago, aged 70 (and never having heard too much of Rush - consciously, that is - she heard loads of it when I was still at home).

70 doesn't appear to me as an age to go. So I can't even imagine what it means to lose someone so close at 40... No appropriate explanations at hand ...

R.I.P.

Archived