Traffic on TRF is down

ILSnwdog

I've heard some say that it's been a bit slow on the forum of late, and I heard some chalk it up to facebook. Do you really think more people are hanging out on face book instead of here? I'll pop on facebook for a minute or two, but I find it kind of boring compared to TRF. Much more interesting topics happening here.

What are your thoughts? Is it facebook, or just the fact that after a fury of Rush activity with the release of S&A in 07 followed by two tours, we are now in a Rush lull?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ May 6 2009, 05:50 AM)
I've heard some say that it's been a bit slow on the forum of late, and I heard some chalk it up to facebook. Do you really think more people are hanging out on face book instead of here? I'll pop on facebook for a minute or two, but I find it kind of boring compared to TRF. Much more interesting topics happening here.

What are your thoughts? Is it facebook, or just the fact that after a fury of Rush activity with the release of S&A in 07 followed by two tours, we are now in a Rush lull?

My thoughts? We're in a lull.

I never joined the Rush Facebook community but I have a feeling it is not all that Rush-related. Probably more focused on personal stuff?? I don't know. That's my guess.

I wish TRF was a little more hopping but it is still interesting and fun to come on here every day and read some of the threads. I still enjoy the Rush Captions thread, the Interview thread and of course the Alex Lifeson thread. More and more though, I log in, read all the threads I'm interested in and find there's nothing really to post. sad.gif

So until there's more news about Rush, TRF will be a bit on the slow side.

I've noticed that it's slow and right now there aren't many topics I feel I can contribute to. I haven't even posted in Sense O'Clock News in the last week.

Right now, I'm interested in the architecture thread in the "Turn the Page" forum.

I think it's a bit of a lull. I'm not as addicted to Facebook as I was earlier this year. Besides, there isn't much Rush news going on right now; what could the FB Rush community be talking about?

QUOTE (Fridge @ May 6 2009, 08:20 AM)
Hmmmm.....

Time to start posting a few inflammatory threads to get people riled up wink.gif

I'm actually surprised we haven't seen more trolls trying to stir up some action. They usually thrive on down periods.

QUOTE (Janie @ May 6 2009, 04:25 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ May 6 2009, 08:20 AM)
Hmmmm.....

Time to start posting a few inflammatory threads to get people riled up wink.gif

I'm actually surprised we haven't seen more trolls trying to stir up some action. They usually thrive on down periods.

You calling me a troll? angry.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ May 6 2009, 10:20 AM)
Hmmmm.....

no.gif laugh.gif

It's just that there's no Rush news. Before S&A buzz started, it was like this too. Can't say if it was more or less, but I think when our boys take some time off, so do TRFers.

Also, remember some forum members only come on and post/lurk during up periods. People get their Rush news from TRF and then revisit other sections of the forum at those times.

Like the recession, it won't last forever smile.gif

What we need is a good 'ol "board war" with another Rush community similar to the one between CP and Tri-Net.

rofl3.gif

Well, I joined just at the end of the hype of the Snakes and Arrows 2008 tour, and I have noticed a drop in activity recently.

Im getting abit bored of seeings ".... appreciation thread" as well.

Later in the year when more details about the new Rush album surface, im sure activity will creep back into the forum.

Facebook is a PITA. People have found me that I am delighted to hear from, and I've heard from some I never wanted to ever see or hear from again.

2.gif is on vacation, of course things are going to slow down a little, but i'd still rather be here than on facebook

fu*k facebook . i have no use for it at all

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ May 6 2009, 09:39 AM)
Probably a little bit of both. I pop in here check messages, respond and then pretty much pop out. FB is on all day. I have gardens to tend to, Mafia to defeat, kidnapping to escape, candy to dole out...I'm busy! LOL laugh.gif

I pop in here a few times a day but on FB alot I own 2 homes & a Apt. to keep up 3 farms & Kidnap & oh yeh I own a Restaurant laugh.gif & I know I am forgetting a few things But I still Love TRF kishug.gif & the warmer weather is here & peeps are out & about wink.gif Summer is usually slower me thinks .

QUOTE (Janie @ May 6 2009, 08:37 AM)
So until there's more news about Rush, TRF will be a bit on the slow side.

But there is so much more than just Rush to discuss here. That's why I love it so much (that and the cool people). With all of the general discussion forums, just about everything out side of bondage gets discussed here. I was drawn here because I was looking for information about Snakes and Arrows two years ago, but I stayed because of the wide variety of subjected broached on this site.

I don't think I use facebook to it's fullest power. I get board of "you received a drink from Melvin Rottencrotch...would you like to send Melvin Rottencrotch a drink?" I'd much rather get into a heated debate on SOCN. wink.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ May 6 2009, 01:06 PM)
QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ May 6 2009, 09:39 AM)
Probably a little bit of both.  I pop in here check messages, respond and then pretty much pop out.  FB is on all day.  I have gardens to tend to, Mafia to defeat, kidnapping to escape, candy to dole out...I'm busy!  LOL laugh.gif

I pop in here a few times a day but on FB alot I own 2 homes & a Apt. to keep up 3 farms & Kidnap & oh yeh I own a Restaurant laugh.gif & I know I am forgetting a few things But I still Love TRF kishug.gif & the warmer weather is here & peeps are out & about wink.gif Summer is usually slower me thinks .

see! you know what I mean! and then there's the Vampires! did I mention them? And goodness knows what will happen if I dont feed my pet panda~

LOL

I love TRF...its one of the few places I simply must stop in every day. smile.gif

I am on Facebook and happily so smile.gif I am not on TRF Facebook no way. I had a hard enough time here being hassled from other members privately and in public posts. Over there I can easily keep in touch with the Rush fans who have been cool to me and I have some of my family there as well. I am a fan of Rush and that is why I come back here to check in but I am still a bit cautious. smile.gif

i get a kick out of the people on this site that can only talk about 2.gif you know them, the ones that jump on someone that gets a setlist wrong or the date of a show. they never post anywhere on here except in 2.gif related threads . that is why i stayed here as well. besides meeting some great people here. everything is talked about here. f-em. their loss .

1022.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ May 6 2009, 12:14 PM)
I am on Facebook and happily so smile.gif I am not on TRF Facebook no way. I had a hard enough time here being hassled from other members privately and in public posts. Over there I can easily keep in touch with the Rush fans who have been cool to me and I have some of my family there as well. I am a fan of Rush and that is why I come back here to check in but I am still a bit cautious. smile.gif

wub.gif April

i would also like to add, if we can get rid of the troll's and the little kids that try to tell everyone what is good and what is bad comp26.gif we would all be much better off

QUOTE (Lady April @ May 6 2009, 07:14 PM)

Well said.

I think there are a couple of us that feel that way.

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 6 2009, 08:26 PM)
i would also like to add, if we can get rid of the troll's and the little kids that try to tell everyone what is good and what is bad comp26.gif we would all be much better off

sniff.....but I've nowhere else to go! fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ May 6 2009, 02:34 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 6 2009, 08:26 PM)
i would also like to add, if we can get rid of the troll's and the little kids that try to tell everyone what is good and what is bad comp26.gif  we would all be much better off

sniff.....but I've nowhere else to go! fists crying.gif

laugh.gif

Archived