I LOVE YOU MAN

Rushman14

This week's That metal Show had a niiiice clip of the boys playing for Rudd n Co..limelight, and the actors sang along

I can't wait to catch this flick now!

You can catch a repeat of the show, the guest was Frankie Bello of Anthrax

Talk about slapping the bay-ass mane...and the triple kit o drums and the 32 geetarz.....

2.gif in Rio is playing on VH1 classic right now sponsored by?

I love you man

only in theaters

wub.gif

This is NOT the type of movie Hare and I would pay to see. . .

. . .but we may just need to go check this one out.

So. . .here's is MY plan:

We go one of the busy nights, when the theater is good and crowded. Sit right up front for a good view.

Now, According to the previews I've seen on TV, there is scene where the entire stage is visible, from Alex across to Ged. Once this scene hits the screen, we jump out of our seats screamin' WOO HOO 653.gif YEAH 2.gif WOO YEAH. 1022.gif

Once the scene is over, We leave quietly.

Who's with me?

Oh. . .BTW:

Did the writer and/or director do there homework? 'Cause this looks like your typical "RUSH date" to me:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/Forum%20pics/RushGF.jpg

Tortoise 1287.gif

I saw this movie last night and the Rush connection made it worth seeing for me. It wasn't the best movie for sure, but it has some funny parts.

I think a movie based on a Rush fan might make an entertaining indie movie. I looked for TRF members in the concert scene and I think I may have seen Necro. laugh.gif

I LOVE these types of movies. It seems like the last few years has produced a string of these kinds of movies, often starring a lot of the same actors and/or using some of the same directors:

40 Year Old Virgin

Knocked Up

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Superbad

I Love You, Man

It's hard for me to even rank these kinds of movies as when you get to this level of funny, I find it's ALL just hilariously entertaining.

That said, the Rush performance and the insane amount of Rush references just put this movie over the top, and it's something I think all Rush fans need to see. It would have been a great movie without Rush, but with it, it's an all-out classic. yes.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Oh yeah, you MUST stick around through the closing credits. yes.gif

i asked my sister if her and her husband had seen it (both huge Rush fans) and she said no, but they were going to try to this week-end. i told her they HAD to go, that when they saw it they would know why i wanted them to see it, but i wasn't going to say why. she's going to really make an effort now.

can't wait to hear from her after! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Mar 17 2009, 08:31 AM)
Oh. . .BTW:
Did the writer and/or director do their homework? 'Cause this looks like your typical "RUSH date" to me:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/Forum%20pics/RushGF.jpg

Yep! And that's the point. They needed a band that two guys could bond over while alienating a girlfriend. Rush was perfect.

Saw this last night with my wife. She loves Julia Roberts movies, and romantic dramas and comedies, not so much the 40 Year Old Virgin types of movies...

She loved it and laughed all 1 hour and 50 minutes of it. I laughed so much I cried twice.

It was so funny and surprisingly well done with so much Rush Love!