the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

Echoes by Pink Floyd is the most amazing collection of sounds in the whole of the universe. Edited by Ted Barchetta

Kid A is starting to become my second-favorite Radiohead album. I'm pretty sure that In Rainbows will stay at number one for a while, but Kid A, with some more experience, could very well pass it and become my favorite Radiohead album.

I think its great John Arch (formerly of Fates Warning) is working again with the band on a new album for a project called Arch/Matheos. I assume this will be a in the same vein of his 2003 John Arch solo EP Twist of Fate.

What sucks is that it looks a long awaited new Fates album with Ray Alder will probably be on the backburner. Ray's other band (or his bigger cash cow/breadwinner) Redemption has a new album out in Fall 2011 and there likely follow it with some touring and promotion. Ray is on the road with Fates in Europe now for some limited dates. But they're shows hardly attract any fans anymore. Just doesn't seem to be any demand.

Jim Matheos pushes on with OSI 4 with Kevin Moore which will probably come out faster than the Arch album this Spring.

I'd rather have another Fates disc and tour. Don't see them touring in support of the Arch/Matheos record if at all. First off, John has a full-time job he's committed too and second he probably wouldn't want to play any of the 80's FW material at all other than the song "Guardian". He hates the stuff and has said as much interviews. Great way to honor a legacy.

Edited by quickfree

I really want to listen to something with Frank Sinatra. Right now. I need to hear his voice.

And I need to get back to "Blogging Yes" and do my daily review before the day's up. Whoops.

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Feb 11 2011, 04:00 AM)
I am addicted to vinyl. don't care if I ever hear another cd ever again....well, at least until I get in my car. Gotta be a way I can get my turntable to play in my car.

I love my turntable and my LPs. I wish i had more time nowadays to sit in the living room and listen to a f***ing record.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Feb 5 2011, 03:35 PM)
Kid A is starting to become my second-favorite Radiohead album. I'm pretty sure that In Rainbows will stay at number one for a while, but Kid A, with some more experience, could very well pass it and become my favorite Radiohead album.

The strings on "How To Disappear Completely" are incredible.

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Feb 11 2011, 05:22 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Feb 5 2011, 03:35 PM)

The strings on "How To Disappear Completely" are incredible.

Oh yeah. The acoustic guitar on that track reminds me of the beginning of a track from A Trick of the Tail.

So glad that Muse have won Best Rock Album, even if it's taken the US this many years to "get" Muse.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Feb 13 2011, 08:08 PM)
Cheap Trick did a great job on Sgt Pepper Live. I need to get the DVD now.

its awesome, and Joan Osbourne is amazing in Lovely Rita

Holy f**k the new Decemberists record is amazing. It's this early in 2011 and there are already two great records that I've heard. This year is going to be awesome.