>new Patrick Stump

>apparently Jay-Z and Kanye are making a record

yep, 2011 looks pretty awesome.

Let's play this game called "when you catch fire"

I wouldn't piss to put you out

Stop burning bridges and drive off of them

So I can forget about you...

- Pete Wentz

So I've been really into Slowdive ever since I first heard them on Gary's show on July 29, 2010 (yes, I remember the date. wink.gif). I've generally been into some shoegaze from the early 90s over the past six or so months (Slowdive, Cocteau Twins, some MBV, Cranes, etc.). Recently, it occurred to me that there probably are some shoegaze groups around today. I looked around, checked some stuff out, and it seems nowadays, it's hard to find groups who do it "right". I am also very picky though. I like to have a good balance between the shoegaze abrasive guitars and the dreampop ambient atmosphere.

I discovered The Daysleepers pretty recently and fell in love with their 2008 album, Drowned In a Sea of Sound. To me, this is shoegazing/dreampop done right (the way I like it best, I guess). If only there were other modern groups of this caliber! I downloaded a few songs by Air Formation from their self-titled EP a while ago and was impressed. I only now got to downloading their 2007 album, Daylight Storms. I'm listening to it right now, and it's pretty good! Better than most stuff I've heard. I still like The Daysleepers better, but this is solid stuff, too.

Of course, Slowdive will always be my favourite shoegazers. <3

This isn't really a music thought, but it's random. Went to join the ...Trail of Dead board. These are the rules. They cracked me up. They're awesome.

The Official Trail of Dead Message Board Registration Agreement (Read!)

Since no one actually took the time to read the old registration agreement, we have now written a shorter, more concise list of bylaws which you must agree to follow wholeheartedly. If you don't, we may get angry, pillage your land, slaughter your cattle, and burn down your home. Clear enough? Good. Here are the rules:

#1 -- Don't be an idiot. If you act like an idiot, say idiotic things, or perpetuate idiotic behavior on this board, not only will you be flogged verbally by the community, but you will most definitely have your posting privileges removed, either temporarily or permanently, depending on the degree of your idiocy.

#2 -- NO SPAMMING. The importance of this cannot be stressed enough. We seriously couldn't care less about your shitty band or some screwball event you have coming up. If you register only to spam about some useless garbage, your posts will be deleted and you will be banned. It's as simple as that. Once you establish yourself as a valued member of the board, posts about your band will be allowed.

#3 -- This message board is considered to be a formal setting. Mistakes in grammar and spelling will be mocked to the best of our abilities. Keep in mind that you are being graded at all times.

#4 -- Be nice. Overly lousy attitudes will not be tolerated. Intelligent arguments, good natured sarcastic insults, and occasional satirical verbal spats are fully acceptable. Don't cross the line. Use common sense.

#5 -- Merlin is god. His authority is absolute and unquestioned. Until you start paying the bills around here out of your own pocket, you will have no say in anything.

#6 -- Enjoy yourself. Relieve some stress, raise your IQ, write a sonnet, quote Shakespeare, or for the love of Lucifer, post about Trail of Dead. That's what the board is here for.

These are the rules. Ignore them at your own peril.

Welcome to purgatory.

Modified: October 28th, 2006

I agree completely!

What? No f***ing way!

When you're done registering, it says, "Congratulations! You are now a member of this shitty board!"

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Edited by sullysue

I think tonight is going to be for some first listens. According to iTunes, I've only listened to 3,359 items out of the 6,847 items in my library. That's just under half, but I'd like to get back over 50%, preferrably before my library hits 7,000 items.

Tonight's first, well, first listen, was 3 Rounds and a Sound by Blind Pilot, which I ripped at the bed and breakfast I stayed at in Detroit this past summer. It was pretty nice - all acoustic, something I'd probably listen to while studying or something. I'd give it an 8.

Next up is Born Dead by Body Count, which I bought at an antique store (no joke laugh.gif) this past summer when I went to Hilton Head.

QUOTE (Earthshine Emmeline @ Mar 1 2011, 10:26 PM)
French music is made of win. Indochine, for example, they're awesome and mhm, Nicola is easy on the eyes... wink.gif  Just started listening to Alcest too, I'm liking them lots!

Alcest are ace, you should check out Amesoeurs too - it's the same guy is behind them.

Lantlos, Negura Bunget, Fen and Wolves in the Throne Room are all great atmospheric-y black metal too, some Agalloch as well.

I don't know Indochine - I'll have to check them out smile.gif

Edited by J0N

Phil Lynott, Michael Schenker and Ian Paice would've made one hell of a band together...