the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Dec 23 2010, 07:32 PM)
Agalloch, Band of Horses, Beach House, LCD Soundsystem, Owen Pallett, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, Red Sparowes, Secret and Whisper, Sufjan Stevens, The Tallest Man on Earth, Tokyo Police Club

my 4.5 star albums from 2010. all fairly recent, and fairly active artists. all amazing. and of course that's just scratching the surface.....

I forgot Grace Potter, she's amazing.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Dec 25 2010, 01:15 PM)
QUOTE (fledgehog @ Dec 23 2010, 07:32 PM)
Agalloch, Band of Horses, Beach House, LCD Soundsystem, Owen Pallett, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, Red Sparowes, Secret and Whisper, Sufjan Stevens, The Tallest Man on Earth, Tokyo Police Club

my 4.5 star albums from 2010.  all fairly recent, and fairly active artists.  all amazing.  and of course that's just scratching the surface.....

I forgot Grace Potter, she's amazing.

Agalloch is good! And, I've tried like hell to get "This is Happening," by LCD Soundsystem from eMusic. I'm gonna need to bite the bullet and order it from Amazon at a hefty price. I don't want it used. I got "45:33" but the second track wouldn't download properly. sad.gif

I-Tunes is a good program, but it needs to stop updating. If it functions well - don't update it, it just confuses people.

Anyways, when burning my Reckoning Night CD I noticed that Itunes titled the "Jam" as "Wrecking the Sphere". So I got excited thinking that I got a special CD with the japanese bonus track, but it was really just Jam which is on every CD. Thanks a lot I-tunes.

Been listening to the Focus album "Moving Waves", and I was thinking...wouldn't it be funny if there was also an album called "Permanent Pictures"?

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Dec 28 2010, 06:55 PM)
I'm listening to Neon Bible by Arcade Fire, it's a very good album, much better than The Suburbs.

inb4 LISTEN TO FUNERAL NAO

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Dec 28 2010, 08:49 PM)
I'm listening to Neon Bible by Arcade Fire, it's a very good album, much better than The Suburbs.

listen to funeral. now.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Dec 28 2010, 10:05 PM)

listen to funeral. now.

I'm gonna say "f**k it" and download Neon Bible and Funeral just so I can hear them. Sure, they aren't 2011 releases, but most of my collection isn't, so there's no real harm. Plus, if /mu/ genuinely loves it, it's worth a listen.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Dec 28 2010, 10:40 PM)
QUOTE (fledgehog @ Dec 28 2010, 10:05 PM)

listen to funeral. now.

I'm gonna say "f**k it" and download Neon Bible and Funeral just so I can hear them. Sure, they aren't 2011 releases, but most of my collection isn't, so there's no real harm. Plus, if /mu/ genuinely loves it, it's worth a listen.

Everything Arcade Fire has done is amazingly consistent. Great band. Neon Bible is my favorite, but only because it was the first thing I heard by them.

Ryan Adams and the Cardinals' Cold Roses has some of the coolest packaging i've ever seen. I have yet to listen to it all the way through, but considering it's a Ryan Adams-fronted project it's bound to be brilliant musically too.

For my New Year's First, I listened to LOVE by Angels & Airwaves. It's probably the most optimistic album in my collection that I listen to on a regular basis. Hopefully this year is as good as that album. <3