the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

ok computer is a great disc.

the new megadeth disc is much better than i ever would of imagined possible.

Ed Wynne of ozric tentacles is a multi-instrument playing genius.

i will be at a between the buried and me concert on halloween, 4 days after they release their new masterpiece! common001.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Sep 11 2009, 03:25 PM)
I was on a Tull fix, but after visiting my friend in Durham two weeks ago she's got me back on the Genesis trip again! tongue.gif

*makes mental note to get some more Genesis soon*

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Sep 11 2009, 04:03 PM)
Big Star anyone?

How this band didnt become bigger is beyond me. Another underappreciated 70s group.

Got #1 record in the itunes. Great Pop rock.

I already mentioned Big Star in this thread!

They should be remembered as one of the greatest American bands of all-time.

Fantastic, simply fantastic.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Sep 11 2009, 08:32 PM)
I was on a Tull fix, but after visiting my friend in Durham two weeks ago she's got me back on the Genesis trip again! tongue.gif

yes.gif

Remind me again which ones you have so far.. smile.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 11 2009, 03:15 PM)
QUOTE (Sonatine @ Sep 11 2009, 02:14 PM)
Dave Brubeck's "Take Five" is such a chilled out, lounge lizard kind of beat.. yeah man 653.gif

yes.gif

Absolutely.

And "Blue Rondo A La Turk" reminds me of a Sunday drive through the countryside.

QUOTE (Jaye @ Sep 11 2009, 05:01 PM)

yes.gif

Selling, Trick, and Duke - as well as the digital 45 of "In Too Deep". I think I wanted to get Abacab next, but after that I'm not sure; it will probably some of the '70s stuff.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Sep 11 2009, 10:38 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Sep 11 2009, 05:01 PM)

yes.gif

Selling, Trick, and Duke - as well as the digital 45 of "In Too Deep". I think I wanted to get Abacab next, but after that I'm not sure; it will probably some of the '70s stuff.

Abacab is great stuff. I love Keep It Dark and Dodo/Lurker. smile.gif

As for 70s stuff, of course The Lamb is a must, I also recommend Nursery Cryme - The Musical Box is probably my fave Gabriel-era song. wub.gif (and not just because of the drool1.gif -worthy video...honest! tongue.gif )

Oh! and Wind & Wuthering!! Must! Personally, my joint fave with Trick biggrin.gif

I'll stop now tongue.gif

I usually try to separate the music from the artist; just because the artist is a bit of a douche sometimes doesn't mean I can't appreciate their talent.

However, there are two people who display such an extreme level of douchebaggery and unprofessionalism that I have to make exceptions. One of these people is Axl Rose, and the other is Kanye West.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Sep 14 2009, 12:42 AM)
I usually try to separate the music from the artist; just because the artist is a bit of a douche sometimes doesn't mean I can't appreciate their talent.

However, there are two people who display such an extreme level of douchebaggery and unprofessionalism that I have to make exceptions. One of these people is Axl Rose, and the other is Kanye West.

On a related note:

I'm as big of a Kanye fan of anybody but that was just a dick move he pulled tonight. No excuse.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 14 2009, 08:58 AM)

On a related note:

I'm as big of a Kanye fan of anybody but that was just a dick move he pulled tonight. No excuse.

What did Mr. West do?

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 14 2009, 10:54 AM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 14 2009, 08:58 AM)

On a related note:

What did Mr. West do?

Some female singer (Taylor Swift, is it?) won an award for Best Female Artist, or some such, and Kanye got up and said that Beyonce was more deserving of the award. While Miss Swift was receiving it. eh.gif

Something like that, I think that's right. I'm not sure of the whole story.

Downloading Green Day's Foot in Mouth (a live, albeit short, album) and Bowling Bowling Bowling Parking Parking (a live EP). Haven't heard much live Green Day from back in the day, so I'm kinda excited. When I listen to them I'll post what I think of them.

edit: add Tune in, Tokyo... to the list.

Edited by Xanadu93

QUOTE (Jaye @ Sep 12 2009, 07:25 AM)

I've ignored Tull (and Oldfield) for far too long (just the hits I've been exposed to). I'm floored by what Ive been missing all these years!! ohmy.gif I have to bow down to your superior taste here Jaye, you were right all along notworthy.gif

Goodness gracious, I hope I can get you back into the Tull again!! biggrin.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Sep 16 2009, 12:36 AM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Sep 12 2009, 07:25 AM)

I've ignored Tull (and Oldfield) for far too long (just the hits I've been exposed to). I'm floored by what Ive been missing all these years!! ohmy.gif

I feel the same about Tull since I've only recently gotten into them myself.. Mr. Oldfield I've always loved. wub.gif biggrin.gif

I have to bow down to your superior taste here Jaye, you were right all along notworthy.gif 

And you don't have to tell me what I already know. cool.gif

wink.gif

Thanks! biggrin.gif trink39.gif

Goodness gracious, I hope I can get you back into the Tull again!! biggrin.gif  trink39.gif

Oh, and I have been listening to some Tull again - I currently have a playlist which is a mix of Genesis (plus solos) and Jethro Tull. smile.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Sep 16 2009, 12:58 PM)
Goodness gracious, I hope I can get you back into the Tull again!! biggrin.gif  trink39.gif

Oh, and I have been listening to some Tull again - I currently have a playlist which is a mix of Genesis (plus solos) and Jethro Tull. smile.gif

God, I haven't played Tull in a while. Think I'll give Heavy Horses a rattle later.

Thanks for planting the seed!! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 16 2009, 02:35 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Sep 16 2009, 12:58 PM)

God, I haven't played Tull in a while. Think I'll give Heavy Horses a rattle later.

Thanks for planting the seed!! trink39.gif

I love Heavy Horses! That's getting the most play here currently smile.gif