the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

i hate when i buy more than one album in a day. i got 4 yesterday and trying to listen with 2 kids is not easy laugh.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 17 2009, 01:35 AM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Sep 16 2009, 12:58 PM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Sep 16 2009, 12:36 AM)
Goodness gracious, I hope I can get you back into the Tull again!! biggrin.gif  trink39.gif

Oh, and I have been listening to some Tull again - I currently have a playlist which is a mix of Genesis (plus solos) and Jethro Tull. smile.gif

God, I haven't played Tull in a while. Think I'll give Heavy Horses a rattle later.

Thanks for planting the seed!! trink39.gif

That's what I love about this forum!! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Sep 17 2009, 12:55 AM)
I feel the same about Tull since I've only recently gotten into them myself..

Ahhh, I thought perhaps you had liked em for a long time and you were just being a completist now. How many albums do you own now?

I had little idea of his lyrical talent, phew, Anderson could sure write a word or two. I just heard an interview where he said back in '69(?) if they could've married the MUSIC of Zep and HIS lyric, it would've been a damn great band!! Of course it was just a typically flippant Anderson remark back then, but ol' Percy didn't take to kindly to it and I think it caused some kinda rift between them...good on ya Ian!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif And all that British self-deprication, the Monty Python era etc, there was a lot going on alright with Tull, much more I really should've been praising them for. Oh well, live and learn eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Sep 16 2009, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Sep 17 2009, 12:55 AM)
I feel the same about Tull since I've only recently gotten into them myself..

Ahhh, I thought perhaps you had liked em for a long time and you were just being a completist now. How many albums do you own now?

I already have almost all of them! I'm only missing 3 - Under Wraps, J-Tull Dot Com and The Christmas Album. Although there is a few I got recently that I haven't gotten around to listening to yet...

QUOTE (Steevo @ Sep 16 2009, 09:36 PM)
I had little idea of his lyrical talent, phew, Anderson could sure write a word or two.

yes.gif notworthy.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Sep 16 2009, 07:57 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 17 2009, 01:35 AM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Sep 16 2009, 12:58 PM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Sep 16 2009, 12:36 AM)
Goodness gracious, I hope I can get you back into the Tull again!! biggrin.gif  trink39.gif

Oh, and I have been listening to some Tull again - I currently have a playlist which is a mix of Genesis (plus solos) and Jethro Tull. smile.gif

God, I haven't played Tull in a while. Think I'll give Heavy Horses a rattle later.

Thanks for planting the seed!! trink39.gif

That's what I love about this forum!! trink39.gif

Yeah, it's a bloody great place! trink39.gif

QUOTE (afurrything @ Sep 17 2009, 02:03 AM)
QUOTE (fledgehog @ Sep 16 2009, 08:54 PM)
LOOK OUT, HELTER SKELTEEER!!!

I see you listened to Backspacer, what do you think? I haven't caved yet, I am waiting until I get it this weekend.

i enjoyed it. definitely better than their last album, and even when judged solely on its own it's a solid album.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Sep 17 2009, 08:46 PM)
QUOTE (afurrything @ Sep 17 2009, 02:03 AM)
QUOTE (fledgehog @ Sep 16 2009, 08:54 PM)
LOOK OUT, HELTER SKELTEEER!!!

I see you listened to Backspacer, what do you think? I haven't caved yet, I am waiting until I get it this weekend.

i enjoyed it. definitely better than their last album, and even when judged solely on its own it's a solid album.

Cool! biggrin.gif

I hope mine comes tomorrow!!!

Duke is fantastic.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 18 2009, 11:20 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Sep 18 2009, 09:49 PM)
Duke is fantastic.

You're not wrong. Marvellous.

Banks is new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif on Duke's Travels wub.gif

I'm officially digging Lil Wayne's The Leak. I don't have time to listen to Tha Carter III tonight, but I'll try and listen to it sometime soon. I just played The Leak the other day, because I hadn't listened to it in a while, and it was great, so hopefully I'll have the same reaction with Tha Carter III.

doesn't matter how many times I play it I never get bored of Lynard Skynard's "Freebird", especially the amazing guitar thrash at the end- totally rocks my world

QUOTE (Sonatine @ Sep 23 2009, 12:35 PM)
doesn't matter how many times I play it I never get bored of Lynard Skynard's "Freebird", especially the amazing guitar thrash at the end- totally rocks my world

right on! one of the greatest groups ever IMO. ( pre-crash ).

QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 23 2009, 02:27 PM)
QUOTE (Sonatine @ Sep 23 2009, 12:35 PM)
doesn't matter how many times I play it I never get bored of Lynard Skynard's "Freebird", especially the amazing guitar thrash at the end-  totally rocks my world

right on! one of the greatest groups ever IMO. ( pre-crash ).

trink39.gif