the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Aug 11 2009, 05:09 PM)
QUOTE (Victoria.Chooses.FREE-WILL @ Aug 11 2009, 03:46 PM)
Today I am having a Metal Moment I don't have many of those but Now I am listening to System of a down. anyone else like them? They where my favorite band when I was 13 wink.gif

SOAD is hit or miss with me. Some stuff like Aerials, B.Y.O.B., Toxicity and Hypnotize are excellent. Other songs like Sugar and Cigaro are a too much for me. wink.gif

Yeah. Sugar and Cigaro are Kinda OUT THERE. laugh.gif Cigaro Is actually is My least favorite SOAD song.

Today I am having a Metal Moment I don't have many of those but Now I am listening to System of a down. anyone else like them? They where my favorite band when I was 13 wink.gif

SOAD is hit or miss with me. Some stuff like Aerials, B.Y.O.B., Toxicity and Hypnotize are excellent. Other songs like Sugar and Cigaro are a too much for me. wink.gif

I only have toxicity but love it.

prison song = the truth!

need to buy some more eventually but really not that high on my priority list though. Serge does a few tunes with buckethead too.

I can't stop listening to the Jethro Tull song Acres Wild. (from Heavy Horses) wub.gif I think I must have listened to it at least 10 times today.. tongue.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Aug 20 2009, 10:22 AM)

I only have toxicity but love it.

prison song = the truth!

need to buy some more eventually but really not that high on my priority list though. Serge does a few tunes with buckethead too.

UG! Serj Tankian's voice makes me want to claw my face off.

Here's my random music thought of the day:

Why is it that the only time Metallica doesn't sound stupid to me is when I'm listening to them with my 12-year-old son? Then, for some strange reason, they sound really cool. It's the weirest thing.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 21 2009, 08:41 AM)

Why is it that the only time Metallica doesn't sound stupid to me is when I'm listening to them with my 12-year-old son? Then, for some strange reason, they sound really cool. It's the weirest thing.

If he's listening to MOP or AJFA I wouldnt be that surprised with your reaction, that material never sounds "stupid" dazed025.gif I would start to worry otherwise though biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Aug 24 2009, 04:32 PM)

If he's listening to MOP or AJFA I wouldnt be that surprised with your reaction, that material never sounds "stupid" dazed025.gif I would start to worry otherwise though biggrin.gif

Ok. First, I had to figure out what the heck you were talking about. laugh.gif MOP is on all the freakin' time in that kid's room. He's figuring out how to play all the solos on his own. He's good, too. AJFA he's just starting to learn. The girls and I are used to having his playing as background music 24/7. Maybe that's why I don't mind so much, as long as I'm not listening to it for my own enjoyment. I guess my old age makes it sound like "noise" after a while. I get sick of hearing James Hetfield waxing not so poetically at the top of his lungs. tongue.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 24 2009, 04:20 PM)

Ok. First, I had to figure out what the heck you were talking about. laugh.gif MOP is on all the freakin' time in that kid's room. He's figuring out how to play all the solos on his own. He's good, too. AJFA he's just starting to learn. The girls and I are used to having his playing as background music 24/7. Maybe that's why I don't mind so much, as long as I'm not listening to it for my own enjoyment. I guess my old age makes it sound like "noise" after a while. I get sick of hearing James Hetfield waxing not so poetically at the top of his lungs. tongue.gif

At least he's not listening to this garbage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovBNnm4EqRE (St. Anus)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdqo9aO0fyo (Fuel)

Panic! at the Disco's Pretty. Odd. is surprisingly good. ph34r.gif

edited for "suprpisingly" laugh.gif

Edited by Xanadu93

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 25 2009, 10:20 AM)

laugh.gif Yeah, JH can grate a bit, but in small doses hes ok. If you have any recordings of your son's playing that would be cool to hear!! trink38.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Aug 24 2009, 07:15 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 25 2009, 10:20 AM)

laugh.gif Yeah, JH can grate a bit, but in small doses hes ok. If you have any recordings of your son's playing that would be cool to hear!! trink38.gif

I should record him and figure out how to post it. He's a natural, and I'm not just boasting. I got him a Strat for Christmas, and he just took off on his own. The kid's got talent. yes.gif