the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

Lupe Fiasco's the Cool is a great album.

I'm actually following through with the promise to myself that I would listen to an album by Nickelback as well as the JoBros. Wish me luck.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 18 2009, 05:54 PM)
I'm actually following through with the promise to myself that I would listen to an album by Nickelback as well as the JoBros. Wish me luck.

Why would you put yourself through such agony?

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 18 2009, 12:54 PM)

Mmkay, here's what I thought of the JoBros album.

I listened to their latest effort, entitled Lines, Vines and Trying Times. Most of the songs involved a girl, leaving a girl, or something involving girl, and were in verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus-chorus (with a key change). Nick's whiny vocals are still annoying. Still, for what it's worth it's an alright pop-rock album that carries appeal to the Disney crowd and their parents. The use of strings nicely complimented the band - not too much, but not used too sparingly. Yes, this group gets flak from 99% of people who aren't female and 13 or younger laugh.gif , but I don't think they deserve all of it. No, this isn't going to be album of the year or anything, but it's a fun, innocent record to listen to. 8/10

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jul 18 2009, 02:17 PM)
8/10? Seriously?

It's a harmless, pop-rock album. Yes, all the lyrics are about girls and made to appeal 13 year-olds, but it's not as bad as the Nickelback album I'm almost finished listening to.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 18 2009, 12:54 PM)

And, here's my review of the Nickelback album.

I listened to the Nickelback album All The Right Reasons. Like the Jonas Brothers, most of the songs are about girls (-1), but unlike the JoBros, Nickelback take to objectifying women, a rock tradition (-1). Most of the songs were some kind of grunge-tinged slow rock and got repetitive after a while (-1), and the others were acoustic. Not nearly as good as the JoBros' latest effort. 7/10.

edit: "Rockstar" still sucks. Chad Bi-lo - er, Kroeger - tells us how much of a badass he is, writing songs that offend the censors, having drug dealers on speed dial, dressing his ass in the latest fashion, and getting the keys to the playboy mansion (all add to another -1). So now I give it a 6/10.

Edited by Xanadu93

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jul 18 2009, 07:32 PM)
QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jul 18 2009, 10:17 AM)
8/10? Seriously?

To be fair and put this in perspective, this is the first time I've seen him give any album less than an 8.5.

I can't really say why I rate albums like that. I suppose if I listened to every single album in my library that I haven't listened to before, I'd find a few that I wasn't too fond of.

I need to get into the Green Day side projects.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Jul 19 2009, 02:03 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 19 2009, 06:58 AM)
I need to get into the Green Day side projects.

No you don't. no.gif

O RLY

QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Jul 21 2009, 03:22 PM)
I listened to American Idiot and I have to say after listening to it I hate Green Day even more.

I know why you don't like them: they aren't southern rock! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 21 2009, 03:25 PM)
I listened to American Idiot and I have to say after listening to it I hate Green Day even more.

I like plenty of bands that aren't southern rock. It's just that green day is really horrible.

QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Jul 21 2009, 03:35 PM)

I like plenty of bands that aren't southern rock. It's just that green day is really horrible.

It's just that you don't like Green Day. They aren't horrible - Nickelback is horrible! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 21 2009, 04:09 PM)

It's just that you don't like Green Day. They aren't horrible - Nickelback is horrible! laugh.gif

True cool.gif

QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Jul 21 2009, 09:30 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 21 2009, 04:09 PM)

True cool.gif

Both are cr*p yes.gif

Jaye has spoken. cool.gif