S.N.L. members movies...

Tick

Of the S.N.L. members making movies these days, whose do you prefer the most ?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Of the S.N.L. members making movies these days, whose do you prefer the most ?

• Adam Sandler
    • Mike Myers
    • Will Ferrell

I would say there are 3 members that make movies consistantly. Whose movies do like the most ?

I'm excluding old school members like Eddie Murphy or Bill Murray, to focus on the guys that are making the most popular box office movies these days.

I dont think I overlooked anyone big did I ?

Will Ferrell for Anchorman alone. I love that movie.

Mike Myers next.

Adam Sandler last. I can't remember the last funny movie he made. He's a one note talent that's been played far too long.

Ack! I can't stand Will Ferrell. sad.gif

Mike Myers is alright, so that leaves Adam Sandler. I liked him in Mr. Deeds best.

I chose Mike Myers. I think Wayne's World and Austin Powers were absolute comedy classics. He might have done a few duds, and he probably overextended the Austin Powers series, but those two movies alone put him up there.

Will Ferrell is hit and miss for me. I think his funniest one was Night at the Roxy. "Emiiiliooooooo!!!" I saw Old School and Anchorman, but I can't say as much for either. Not bad, but not great, either. The newer basketall movie doesn't interest me that much.

Adam Sandler is seriously overrated. Caliendo's impersonation of him where he says "Please give me $10 million" is priceless. Waterboy and Happy Gilmore were kind of funny, but Anger Management was an abomination. Even Jack Nicholson couldn't save that one.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 7 2008, 01:24 PM)
Ack! I can't stand Will Ferrell. sad.gif

Mike Myers is alright, so that leaves Adam Sandler. I liked him in Mr. Deeds best.

Mr Deeds?

Sorry Gompy, but I thought that movie was one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever seen in cinema. My wife and I both detested it and only stayed and watched the whole thing because we were killing time.

I was tempted to vote for Mike Meyers on the strength of the Austin Powers movies alone (Wayne's World was ok, the first Shrek was great and The Love Guru was meh), but my vote easily goes to Will Ferrell here.

Not crazy about Old School, but he was still hilarious in it. Anchorman and Blades of Glory were both some really good stupid fun and again he was hilarious. He was brilliant in Elf, Austin Powers, Zoolander and doing a more serious turn in Stranger Than Fiction. Nothing can beat his cameo in Wedding Crashers which is just outrageously funny. He elevates bad material to at least medicore and decent material to hilarious. He might just be the funniest man alive. yes.gif

They all had their moments. But I voted for Will Ferrell. Anchorman basically says it all for him.

Mike Myers is kinda a dull comedian for me, Austin Powers was the only really good stuff he did. For Adam Sandler the only movie I really enjoy is Happy Gilmore and probably Big Daddy.

Sorry folks gotta go with Adam Sandler. Wedding Singer, 50 first dates - Just saw Regin on me recently and that was pretty good - very very sad but good.

Since Adam Sandler should be shot in the head, ground up into chum, sprinkled in the Antarctic Ocean, eaten by small fish who are then eaten by Emporer Penguins and then crapped on the frozen wasteland of Antarctica where no one would ever hear from him again and since Mike Myers is slowly becoming only slightly less annoying than Sandler with each passing movie I'll have to go with Ferrell since some of his movies are actually funny.

That is a tough decision. Boils down to Will Ferrell and Mike Myers to me. Adam Sandler is really good, but Will and Mike have pushed to a level beyond Adam in my opinion.

I guess I will vote for Will on this, because he is so consistently funny. One of my favorite roles he had was in Starsky & Hutch where he played the biker with the dragon fetish. Hillarious!

Mike Myers would get my vote if he was more involved in acting. My wife saw his new movie and said it wasn't really that great. The Austin Powers trilogy was absolutely genious though - especially the first 2.

I would have put Chevy Chase on the list though. My favorite SNL characters were Chris Farley and Phil Hartman. RIP

Edited by Cowtothesky

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jul 7 2008, 05:25 PM)
...Adam Sandler should be shot in the head, ground up into chum, sprinkled in the Antarctic Ocean, eaten by small fish who are then eaten by Emporer Penguins and then crapped on the frozen wasteland of Antarctica where no one would ever hear from him again...

Understatement of the year.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 7 2008, 08:46 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jul 7 2008, 05:25 PM)
...Adam Sandler should be shot in the head, ground up into chum, sprinkled in the Antarctic Ocean, eaten by small fish who are then eaten by Emporer Penguins and then crapped on the frozen wasteland of Antarctica where no one would ever hear from him again...

Understatement of the year.

Agreed........his latest movie is an absolute steaming coiler........I didn't watch it all (too painful).........but it was one of the worst I've seen in a LONG TIME..........

Edited by WCFIELDS

I voted for Meyers. Unfortunately, he's laid a couple of turds, but the first Waynes World, the first two Austin Powers, and So I Married An Axe Murderer are classics. I also loved his small role in Mystery Alaska. He had some good lines in that one.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jul 7 2008, 02:25 PM)
Since Adam Sandler should be shot in the head, ground up into chum, sprinkled in the Antarctic Ocean, eaten by small fish who are then eaten by Emporer Penguins and then crapped on the frozen wasteland of Antarctica where no one would ever hear from him again and since Mike Myers is slowly becoming only slightly less annoying than Sandler with each passing movie I'll have to go with Ferrell since some of his movies are actually funny.

laugh.gif you have a way with words Tamas!

I too voted Will Ferrell.

Will Ferrell, for sure. he's had some stinkers, like Blades of Glory and Semi-Pro, but i think he's going to come back full force with Step Brothers.

Adam Sandler was ok in the 90's but his act is tired now. Chuck and Larry was ok though, although it was incredibly insensitive. but i LOVE Grandma's Boy, which was released from his company. i was just glad he wasn't in it!

Mike Myers is so not funny to me. the first Shrek and the First Austin Powers are good flicks but it is WAY played out now. he is a one note actor. every character he comes up with seems the same. i mean, he's used that horrible Scottish accent for, what, about 4 or 5 characters now? so lame. him doing the Wayne's World thing at the VMA's this year was a lame attempt to remind people that he's funny, but all it did was point out that he USED to be funny.

Sandler has had some misses lately, but I'd still vote for him over the others. Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, Wedding Singer, Big Daddy, and 50 First Dates were all great.

Mike Myers. I'm a huge fan of "So I Married an Axe Murderer," and the Wayne's World stuff was pretty good, but he took the whole Austin Powers thing way too far. Getting stuck in one character is not a good thing; let's move on, Mike. Then the Cat in the Hat and the new one...? His record isn't very good. I'd like to see him play a regular guy again, not some outrageous character.

Will Farrell. "Old School" is one of my very favorite movies, and Farrell is terrific in it. But my like for Farrell begins and (pretty much) ends there, with one small nod for his brief role in "Wedding Crashers." The stuff he's put out since then has been such garbage! I guess it's worth the rental if you like dumb comedy, but I can't believe people pay theater prices to go see those films.

"Old School" is probably my favorite featuring an ex-SNL'r.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 12 2008, 09:45 PM)

Great movie. My fav part is when WF is rinning naked down the street, that and his trying to explain to the other party goers that he had a "nice little Sunday" planned going shopping with his wife, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc... hysterical.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 12 2008, 08:49 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 12 2008, 09:45 PM)

Great movie. My fav part is when WF is rinning naked down the street, that and his trying to explain to the other party goers that he had a "nice little Sunday" planned going shopping with his wife, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc... hysterical.

laugh.gif

Mike Meyers, it's not even close.

All the Wayne's Worlds, Shreks, and Austin Powers far outweigh the Cat in the Hats and Love Gurus IMO.

I'm biased though, since he was part of my favorite era of SNL (Meyers, Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Kevin Nealon, and later Farley & Sandler).

Edited by Del_Duio