Almost Got Arrested

GotRush

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Aug 30 2012, 11:46 PM)
I don't see an altered plate. I see an elaborate frame. I guess it depends on how tight the rear end is of the police officer that sees it.

Good job. 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

By all means, please let us know how this turns out. Particularly when you go to court and the judge sees that this is the second time you've been hauled in for the same thing. I'm sure they'll see things your way....... eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (GotRush @ Jun 8 2008, 10:28 PM)
Drivin into work last friday, a police car pulls up behind me & light's me up. I pull over & He come up & asked for license/ins/reg & ask's me if I was the one who altered my license plate. ( I have a personalized plate of GOTRUSH, but i attached a Question mark ? at the end with a sticker, so i kinda looks like GOTRUSH? ) well i say sure, the older officer informs me this is a "Criminal Offence" and i explain its been there for 4 years & i have had various encounters with law enforsment & nobody ever told me i should remove it ! ( my son is a county Sheriff Officer ) Then he tells me i'm lucky he doesn't take me to JAIL ! jezzz.... the more i spoke the madder he got. He ended up writing a Criminal Ticket for " Knownly Displaying Altered Plates" with a court date on monday june 16th. I haven't yet checked into the penalty/fine for this. sad.gif

they took pictures & removed the sticker like it was the crime of the century. there was 3 cars & 5 cops at one point ! what a Joke ! oh yea this happened here in Phoenix @ about 8am.

I'm not sure if I want to fight this ticket, or if that's gonna piss the Judge off worst, plus I would have to take time off work & deal with the stupid court process, Thinkin on asking for a postponment & then set another court date & maybe the officer won't make it to court.......

The Judge would only get pissed off if he hasn't received his 2.gif tix!

I say pay the fine and look forward to more 2.gif !

You have a great tag by the way!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif applaudit.gif trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Welcome to post-911 world Bush has created for us. A hyper-militarized, overzealous and abusive police force. No longer ruled by common sense and trust but fear and aggression.

Thanks to the people out there that voted our liberties away...TWICE! We are forever in your debt.

Edited by skullchrist

QUOTE (hunter @ Aug 31 2012, 01:03 PM)
What if you beadazzled the question mark? Then it wouldn't look any thing like the license plate, just an enhanced frame. laugh.gif

Then he would be a woman...

QUOTE (GotRush @ Aug 30 2012, 06:11 PM)
So is this "Breaking the Law" ?

yes.gif Your altertation of the frame, rather than the plate, could be construed as an attempt to hide the true identity of your vehicle.

You're also setting yourself up for a "gotcha" moment with the police. They pull you over, say that you've altered your plate, and you smugly point out that it's actually the FRAME and not the plate. eyesre4.gif This is not going to go over well with a cop or judge.no.gif

Why can't you just put a small "?" sticker on the bumper a couple of inches to the right of the frame? confused13.gif They might let that slide. But your alteration of the frame enchroaches on the visibility of the license plate, which I'm sure is illegal.

Edited by They Bow Defeated

Well, if you ever decide to get rid of the "?" you can show your band loyalty in a creepy new way by declaring to the world that you have Alex, Geddy, and Neil locked up in your basement or something laugh.gif

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Jun 9 2008, 09:33 AM)
OK going with the cops are dicks with traffic enforcement them I have to tekk this story.

My mom was going 1 mile an hour over the speed limit about a year ago and a cop pulled her over. He was a real dick too. She had never gotten a ticket before and the cop acknowledged that. He still gave her the ticket. When the whole thing was over my mom realized that she had pulled over onto gravel. So she spun her tires and spun gravel up onto the cops hood. The look on that guys face was priceless. rofl3.gif

1 mile over. I'd be taking that bastard to court for that.

QUOTE (GotRush @ Jun 8 2008, 10:28 PM)
Drivin into work last friday, a police car pulls up behind me & light's me up. I pull over & He come up & asked for license/ins/reg & ask's me if I was the one who altered my license plate. ( I have a personalized plate of GOTRUSH, but i attached a Question mark ? at the end with a sticker, so i kinda looks like GOTRUSH? ) well i say sure, the older officer informs me this is a "Criminal Offence" and i explain its been there for 4 years & i have had various encounters with law enforsment & nobody ever told me i should remove it ! ( my son is a county Sheriff Officer ) Then he tells me i'm lucky he doesn't take me to JAIL ! jezzz.... the more i spoke the madder he got. He ended up writing a Criminal Ticket for " Knownly Displaying Altered Plates" with a court date on monday june 16th. I haven't yet checked into the penalty/fine for this. sad.gif

they took pictures & removed the sticker like it was the crime of the century. there was 3 cars & 5 cops at one point ! what a Joke ! oh yea this happened here in Phoenix @ about 8am.

I'm not sure if I want to fight this ticket, or if that's gonna piss the Judge off worst, plus I would have to take time off work & deal with the stupid court process, Thinkin on asking for a postponment & then set another court date & maybe the officer won't make it to court.......

Question: Is a Question Mark '?' a symbol that is available to Arizona car owner who want a custom license place?

And was the sticker on the edge of the plate or designed to blend in and look like it was part of the plate?

I'm asking because would a reasonable person look at your place and know right off that you added a sticker for humor, to further imply the reference to 'Got Milk' ad campaign.

Altering a license plate implies that you are deliberately trying to mislead authorities. If the policeman is intelligent enough to know that a question mark is not an option for custom plates, and/or can plainly see the sticker, then he was pulling you over to make money for the city by fining you for a technicality. A fix-it ticket. You broke a small rule and he has the decoration to warn you and ask you to remove the sticker, or write a citation which will result in a fine.

While I respect the police and am grateful for the job they do, sometimes they act like dicks. Every situation is different, but if the cop seems good natured, then honesty and humor go a long way. "You know us RUSH fans sometimes get a little overzealous, we love our canadian prog rock..."

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Sep 4 2012, 08:04 PM)

Wait...  So you've been pulled over six times for this?  Plus one court appearance?  And you still haven't given this up? facepalm.gif

No No No , only the last time did they pull me over for that directly & that's when is became an issue. All the other time's, beside's the driveway insident, was never stopped cause of the sticker. The other stop's were various including, tailgating & random DUI stop. 2 encounters were while my car was parked & I asked the cops if that "?" sticker was OK, it was with them.... confused13.gif

Please let us know what happens when you get pulled over and go to court again, because it's just a question of WHEN and not IF.

I will,

Like I said it took 5 yrs for that one particular cop to throw the book at me. dazed025.gif

By the way, why is your TRF name "GotRush" instead of "GotRush?" if this is so important to you? wtf.gif

I fixed it with a "?" sticker, but keeps moving out of position doh.gif

Reminds me of the computer monitor screen I saw some 15+ yrs ago that had white out all over it,

was told user tried to correct some mistakes using liquid white out z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (GotRush @ Sep 6 2012, 04:53 PM)

By the way, why is your TRF name "GotRush" instead of "GotRush?" if this is so important to you? wtf.gif

I fixed it with a "?" sticker, but keeps moving out of position doh.gif

tongue.gif

If only the license plate was also not a big deal, things would be so much less complicated. b_sigh.gif

There's surely a record of the last time you were pulled over for this. Next time you're pulled over, the cop will read this previous account and not be thrilled with another incident. Seems like you're practically daring them to arrest you and throw the book at you.

Oh well... confused13.gif