Almost Got Arrested

GotRush

Not to beathorse.gif , but the similar reason I was pulled over was because my registration sticker was on a little lower than it should have been. My plate was not altered in any way. It was merely the placement of a sticker. I was not breaking any traffic laws, and yet the cop gave me unprovoked attitude. I WAS however, driving an older car with some rust on it in a fairly high-end neighborhood. My guess is that he was expecting something other than a routine traffic stop.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Smudger @ Jun 10 2008, 10:09 AM)
QUOTE (J0N @ Jun 10 2008, 08:58 AM)
You probably would of got away scott free if you hadn't gone off on one saying that if no cop had ever pointed out you were in the wrong, which you were, then he must be wrong.

Please JON it is "You probably would have got away scott free" that is such a distressing error for me to see. My ten year old is always making the same mistake, even though I beat his buttocks with a whippy cane - luckily hubby has very little to do with the child, and I can get away with it.

The educational system in Britain really is ruined, in my day we were made to eat chalk dust for mistakes like that, and it never did us any harm smile.gif

fing.gif

QUOTE (Smudger @ Jun 10 2008, 07:09 AM)
You probably would of got away scott free if you hadn't gone off on one saying that if no cop had ever pointed out you were in the wrong, which you were, then he must be wrong.

Please JON it is "You probably would have got away scott free" that is such a distressing error for me to see. My ten year old is always making the same mistake, even though I beat his buttocks with a whippy cane - luckily hubby has very little to do with the child, and I can get away with it.

The educational system in Britain really is ruined, in my day we were made to eat chalk dust for mistakes like that, and it never did us any harm smile.gif

Is this sarcasm, or are you actually saying you hit your child with a cane because of a grammatical error? wtf.gif

What do you do if he spills paint on the carpet, hack off a limb? wacko.gif

Blessed be?

I don't think so. no.gif

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (Smudger @ Jun 9 2008, 06:19 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 9 2008, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (Rushian King @ Jun 9 2008, 02:33 PM)
Frankly, tampering with your plates should allow the cops to give you one truncheon shot. I hope the judge is as harsh as possible on you. Sorry.

Wow....what a dick!

If you have a child, I hope you see it run over and killed by a hit and run driver. You see the plate on the car, take it down and report it to the Police. The plate has had it's lettering tampered with, the rozzers can't trace it, your child's killer cannot be found. That is a good reason why plates shouldn't be tampered with.

Dick.

Blessed be.

Wow - you're not a dick. You're a f***ing imbecile.

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Jun 9 2008, 11:06 PM)
QUOTE (Smudger @ Jun 9 2008, 06:19 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 9 2008, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (Rushian King @ Jun 9 2008, 02:33 PM)
Frankly, tampering with your plates should allow the cops to give you one truncheon shot. I hope the judge is as harsh as possible on you. Sorry.

Wow....what a dick!

If you have a child, I hope you see it run over and killed by a hit and run driver. You see the plate on the car, take it down and report it to the Police. The plate has had it's lettering tampered with, the rozzers can't trace it, your child's killer cannot be found. That is a good reason why plates shouldn't be tampered with.

Dick.

Blessed be.

Exactly. (not your wishing death upon his child but the point you're trying to make)

Dude Smudger. WHAT THE f**k?

Thats completely out of line and inapproiate.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 10 2008, 11:57 AM)

Is this sarcasm, or are you actually saying you hit your child with a cane because of a grammatical error? wtf.gif

Blessed be?

I don't think so. no.gif

Wow Smudger you really are showing your ass in this thread. moon.gif

Please JON it is "You probably would have got away scott free" that is such a distressing error for me to see.

I'm not going to take sides in this argument, as most viewpoints have already been covered. Nevertheless, since we're on the topic of correcting, shouldn't it be "You probably would have gotten away scott free?" Also, shouldn't there be some punctuation in there, too? Again, I'm not taking sides or looking for a subtle way to attack you; I just think that if you're going to correct someone's grammar, your correction should be grammatically correct. That's just my opinion.

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Jun 10 2008, 12:24 PM)
Please JON it is "You probably would have got away scott free" that is such a distressing error for me to see.

I'm not going to take sides in this argument, as most viewpoints have already been covered. Nevertheless, since we're on the topic of correcting, shouldn't it be "You probably would have gotten away scott free?" Also, shouldn't there be some punctuation in there, too? Again, I'm not taking sides or looking for a subtle way to attack you; I just think that if you're going to correct someone's grammar, your correction should be grammatically correct. That's just my opinion.

What kind of tragic irony would that be if she beat her child for a grammatical error and the grammatical correction wasn't even correct! Would she then have to beat her own ass with the same "whippy cane?" confused13.gif wacko.gif banghead.gif fing.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 10 2008, 08:28 PM)

What kind of tragic irony would that be if she beat her child for a grammatical error and the grammatical correction wasn't even correct! Would she then have to beat her own ass with the same "whippy cane?" confused13.gif wacko.gif banghead.gif fing.gif

Gary, I'm dissapointed in you mate. It was quite clearly sarcasm yes.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jun 10 2008, 03:19 PM)

I hope you're right. unsure.gif

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Jun 10 2008, 01:07 PM)

Blessed be?

I don't think so. no.gif

Sorry, only hubby sees my ass.

OK I may have gone a tad over the top in what I writed, but altering number plates is a bug-bear of mine, and I just want to emphasis why you don't meddle with them OK?

Rush may be the best Rock band out there, but they aren't worth breaking the law for. OK?

And to Mr Gotten, gotten is an archaic form of English, and is not a necessary, what is necessary is to use "would have" and not "would of" because "would of" is completely meaningless. If I were to attempt to correct everybody's spelling and grammar, it would be a truly unforgiving and thankless task

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jun 10 2008, 01:19 PM)

Well maybe it's a UK thing, because to many of us that's not an obvious thing. It's not like this Smudger person is a known figure on TRF where we know her M.O. If it's all been sarcasm and proving a point or whatever, it's in incredibly bad taste, but whatever...

QUOTE (Smudger @ Jun 10 2008, 03:57 PM)

Blessed be?

I don't think so. no.gif

OK I may have gone a tad over the top in what I writed, but altering number plates is a bug-bear of mine, and I just want to emphasis why you don't meddle with them OK?

Rush may be the best Rock band out there, but they aren't worth breaking the law for. OK?

And to Mr Gotten, gotten is an archaic form of English, and is not a necessary, what is necessary is to use "would have" and not "would of" because "would of" is completely meaningless. If I were to attempt to correct everybody's spelling and grammar, it would be a truly unforgiving and thankless task

I think that it displays bad manners and attempts to show some form of superiority when drawing attention to spelling mistakes and incorrect grammar.

Such errors may be down to oversights, dyslexia, poor education, lower intelligence or the fact that English is not someone's first language, none of which is a reason to criticise.

If you must draw attention to errors, point them all out, including the fact that "scot free" has only one t.

QUOTE (Margana @ Jun 10 2008, 04:18 PM)
QUOTE (Smudger @ Jun 10 2008, 03:57 PM)

Blessed be?

I don't think so. no.gif

I think that it displays bad manners and attempts to show some form of superiority when drawing attention to spelling mistakes and incorrect grammar.

Such errors may be down to oversights, dyslexia, poor education, lower intelligence or the fact that English is not someone's first language, none of which is a reason to criticise.

If you must draw attention to errors, point them all out, including the fact that "scot free" has only one t.

Or it could be that the person was once great with grammer but the world of number crunching and lack of using descriptive language has taken the steam out of his writing. wink.gif

Normally I would have verbally assaulted Smudger, but I've chosen to remain civil. I do have a child, and even though I know Smudger does not truly wish harm on him (because she is a parent herself), simply stating that to get her point across over something so trivial as harmlessly altering a license plate is not only vindictive but psychotic. Plus the thought of my child being hurt or moreover killed has left me speechless.

I will be truthful with you Smudger, I feel sorry for your child sad.gif

OK everyone. . .if gotrush(?) were unfortunate/irresponsible/drunk/evil enough to run down a child (god forbid), it'd be fairly easy to pick his plates out of a lineup. Question mark or not.

Just trying to ease this thread back to civility, or some form thereof.