Are you happy where you live?

ReflectedLight

Are you happy where you live?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy where you live?

• Yes
    • No

Pfft, no... Warrington is boooooring... schla03.gif (although I do love Sankey Valley Park)

I miss Yorkshire. fists crying.gif I'd probably move back there given the chance.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it here in Tacoma,WA so much that I am adding onto my house!!!

In fact the excavator is due here any minute!!!! I love the rain. Us Washintonians don't tan, we RUST. We are born with webbed feet. wink.gif

I have lived in my city for all but 1 year of my life!!!! smile.gif Nice thread!!

Take Care All !!!!

2.gif The Best Band in the World

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Jun 6 2008, 07:20 AM)
I am extremely happy where I live, but it's not so much where as with who I live. wub.gif

This is a good post.

I would be happy just about anywhere, as long as Eric was with me... heart.gif

I have a love/hate relationship with Chicago. I love the food experience here. I love the architecture. I love that I don't have to drive everywhere, that I can get most places by foot, train, or taxi. I hate the weather. I hate the politicians. I hate the traffic.

I grew up in Phoenix. I miss it, especially when the weather is miserable here. When I go visit, I don't recognize it, though. It is turning into Los Angeles. It also has very little soul anymore. Too much of the chain restaurants and retail boxes, along with miles upon miles of stucco and red roofs. If one looks hard enough, one will see that it's not all that, though. Sometimes I think Neil's description of Phoenix in Ghost Rider was more right than wrong, sometimes not. At the same time, it is home, and I marvel at how far it's come along since I was a kid.

laugh.gif

I live in Yellowknife NWT Canada and I know exactly what everyone is thinking - "Holy F**K!!". Truth be told, Yellowknife is not a bad place to be. Once I sort of got use to the long, dark, freezing cold winters and isolation (24 hours to Edmonton by car) I also began appreciating the intense natural beauty of the area. We have things like 24 hour daylight in summer, dazzling aurora borealis in winter, tens of thousands of pristine lakes, millions of acres of untouched wilderness, and the world's 9th largest lake that makes it feel like we're on the coast. Spring and summer always bring out abundant sunshine, exotic birds, wildlife and plants, and of course - bugs. Lots and lots of bugs.

The city itself is small with just over 20,000 people, but everything is here (except a rollercoaster). There's a vibrant little arts & music scene, nightlife and plenty of sport & rec organizations as well as excellent facilities (especially the corrections center). All the big box stores are here along with all the crappy fastfood chains. The economy is very robust, driven by three diamond mines, federal and territorial government, ecotourism and the service industry.

However, there seems to be a serious increase in crime lately (drugs) and major social problems are ever present. The local politics are just plain weird and the city is growing to fast to keep up with the housing demand. Alot of the citizenry are complaining that the city is underpoliced.

Soon though, it'll be time to say sayanara to the north and make way back to the mountains of good ole' BC. After all, home is where the heart is.......ya know?

wink.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 6 2008, 10:01 AM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 6 2008, 09:01 AM)
I love my house, and I love my backyard.  But I can't stand the high stress of living in the NY Tri-state area.  The older I get the deeper into the woods and away from people I want to be, without being too far from civilization and the essentials of comfortable living.  I'd give up living in Jersey in a flash if I could.  Family and the fact that financially it isn't that easy to just pick up and move are the main factors that keep me here.

There are many beautiful things about Jersey.  I guess I just need to focus more on those things.

Its so funny you said that, because I often feel the same way. As I get older, people and traffic annoy me more, and I want to go be in the woods... laugh.gif

WOW!!!

I thought that Necro was the only one.

His idea of the perfect place is a cabin in the woods,

where they have to "drop" food to you. wacko.gif

I could do this a month or so but for the rest of my life. no.gif

When I think of what I want and what he wants I think of

that show... GREEN ACRES. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jun 6 2008, 12:45 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 6 2008, 10:01 AM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 6 2008, 09:01 AM)
I love my house, and I love my backyard.  But I can't stand the high stress of living in the NY Tri-state area.  The older I get the deeper into the woods and away from people I want to be, without being too far from civilization and the essentials of comfortable living.  I'd give up living in Jersey in a flash if I could.  Family and the fact that financially it isn't that easy to just pick up and move are the main factors that keep me here.

There are many beautiful things about Jersey.  I guess I just need to focus more on those things.

Its so funny you said that, because I often feel the same way. As I get older, people and traffic annoy me more, and I want to go be in the woods... laugh.gif

WOW!!!

I thought that Necro was the only one.

His idea of the perfect place is a cabin in the woods,

where they have to "drop" food to you. wacko.gif

I could do this a month or so but for the rest of my life. no.gif

When I think of what I want and what he wants I think of

that show... GREEN ACRES. rofl3.gif

I want a modern but rustic cabin on a small private lake. Not too far from "stuff" but when you're at the house - it seems as though you're miles away from the nearest person.

I live in So Cal... I like it alot and we have everything we need, including beautiful weather, but for the love of God there's way too many people here and the cost of living is through the roof. The only positive thing about the gas prices is that there's a few less cars on the road. Very few.

My family is here, so I am divided. But I hate the climate, and the general bassackwardness of the politics here. Too many people who can't get over the South losing the damn Civil War. It's not the worst place to be, but I wouldn't mind moving somewhere with a considerably cooler climate.

My sister lives in Chicago, and anytime I've visited in the winter, I've felt. . .invigorated.

Except for the cost of living, I love Connecticut. It has everything I need here. We also have the 4 seasons in all there glory. What a joy to experiance Spring and fall in New England. The Summer is hot. The Winters are cold, and though im not a big fan of the cold, Christmas always feels like it should. Weather wise, its the safest place in the country to live. For the most part we dont have Earthquakes, Tornados, Hurricares, Wild fires, Floods. There have been instances where some of this things have occured, but its very rare. atickhum.gif music.gif

I'm not entirely enthalled with Bellingham,WA. It's getting waaaay to expensive for a town where jobs average $15/hr.. They're trying to gentrify and cover up what's basically a rough mill town ( laugh.gif ).

We stayed in Wenatchee for a few days when we saw rush at the Gorge. Dryer, warmer climate. I'm tired of watching mold grow on walls and my yard being filled with standing water. In June, no less. (59 and rain today ,whoo hoo!!!)

Southern California is the best. I've lived here since '85-- basically grew up here. I moved to LA to go to school and haven't budged since. The only other place I'd consider living is Northern California...although sometimes I have romantic ideas about running off to live somewhere in England.

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jun 6 2008, 12:44 PM)
Southern California is the best. I've lived here since '85-- basically grew up here. I moved to LA to go to school and haven't budged since. The only other place I'd consider living is Northern California...although sometimes I have romantic ideas about running off to live somewhere in England.

Dude, if I hit the Mega Millions, I'll be out there soon. I'll buy a house in AZ also. wink.gif

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jun 6 2008, 11:57 AM)
Southern California is the best.  I've lived here since '85-- basically grew up here.  I moved to LA to go to school and haven't budged since.  The only other place I'd consider living is Northern California...although sometimes I have romantic ideas about running off to live somewhere in England.

Dude, if I hit the Mega Millions, I'll be out there soon. I'll buy a house in AZ also. wink.gif

Good luck with that! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 6 2008, 02:01 PM)
QUOTE (hope70 @ Jun 6 2008, 11:57 AM)
Southern California is the best.  I've lived here since '85-- basically grew up here.  I moved to LA to go to school and haven't budged since.  The only other place I'd consider living is Northern California...although sometimes I have romantic ideas about running off to live somewhere in England.

Good luck with that! laugh.gif

Hey, strange things happen, and you have to be in it to win it. smile.gif

What, there's no "OMG hell no I'd move in a heartbeat" choice?

I live in central Alabama. I was born here.

It's hot. It's humid. MANY, many of the people are narrow-minded and intolerant. Many of them don't THINK for themselves. Rush won't come here. fists crying.gif

I'd love a cooler climate and a different culture than I get here in the BUCKLE of the Bible belt.

Archived