62 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy where you live?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jun 5 2008, 11:25 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 5 2008, 10:24 PM)
I like it where I live (Philly), but Id like to live in San Francisco and/or San Diego for period of a couple of months every year.  Love it there. smile.gif

I'd could stay out there permanently. smile.gif

I say that, but know that Id miss the cool fall and some winter weather too...

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 5 2008, 10:26 PM)
QUOTE (hope70 @ Jun 5 2008, 11:25 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 5 2008, 10:24 PM)
I like it where I live (Philly), but Id like to live in San Francisco and/or San Diego for period of a couple of months every year.  Love it there. smile.gif

I'd could stay out there permanently. smile.gif

I say that, but know that Id miss the cool fall and some winter weather too...

The winter is one of the reasons I would move. I'd rather be in the warmth and have the option to travel to cold than vice versa. wink.gif

I love my house and my neighborhood, and the schools in my town, but I really dislike the provincial bible-belt culture of this area. Once my youngest child is out of school I would like to move somewhere else...

I like seasons, so New Hampshire would be nice. I like culture, so San Francisco would be good. I like good weather, so San Diego would be good too. I've got a few years to decide.

But you don't want to move here if you like being able to think for yourself and not get asked, "who's your daddy," and "what church do you attend?"

laugh.gif

K

Love it here although it is abit too hot right now.

I would love to live in a similar climate although less hot. Hawaii sounds perfect though I've never been there. You can live at some elevation and have some cooler weather but still get to the beach quickly. Cost is a big factor no matter where you move. I saw San Fran on an earlier post. I had a friend that was pulling about 100K plus bonus quit because he got transferred there and couln't afford to live there at the same lifestyle he had here.

Well I dont mind it here. I have met the 3 greatest people on Earth here. (My two best friends and my girlfriend) But given the chance I would move back home to where I was born in a heartbeat. Iowa. I absolutely love Iowa. Everyone is nice and caring there. A lot of my family is there. Its so beautiful with cornfields for miles. Great thread! This brought a beautiful soothing image into my head!

I voted no. Im not satisfied with where I live.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 5 2008, 11:51 PM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jun 5 2008, 11:50 PM)
I would leave to live in NEW YORK in a heartbeat.

yes.gif

watch out Necro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ph34r.gif

I'd be taking Necro with me. yes.gif

As much as I want to be in NY,

I could never leave him behind.

So push come to shove,

I stay where he is.

wub.gif

Despite Ireland's many faults, it's still a marvellous little country. Esp. West Cork(where I'm from) and The Burren(where I live).

Erin Go Bragh!

Mind you, whenever I'm in New York I want to move there!! Roll on July!

Cheshire is a lovely county. Our house is a short distance from a nature reserve. We only moved here two years ago, and we wouldn't have moved to somewhere we don't like. smile.gif

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jun 6 2008, 06:35 AM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jun 5 2008, 10:50 PM)
I would leave to live in NEW YORK in a heartbeat.

yes.gif

Hey, I'll trade my apt here in the NY area for wherever you live. tongue.gif

I dont know if its what CeeJ meant, but Id love to live in Manhattan for a year... smile.gif Of course that would have to come with a firehose spewing money.. smile.gif

I love my house, and I love my backyard. But I can't stand the high stress of living in the NY Tri-state area. The older I get the deeper into the woods and away from people I want to be, without being too far from civilization and the essentials of comfortable living. I'd give up living in Jersey in a flash if I could. Family and the fact that financially it isn't that easy to just pick up and move are the main factors that keep me here.

There are many beautiful things about Jersey. I guess I just need to focus more on those things.

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 6 2008, 09:01 AM)
I love my house, and I love my backyard. But I can't stand the high stress of living in the NY Tri-state area. The older I get the deeper into the woods and away from people I want to be, without being too far from civilization and the essentials of comfortable living. I'd give up living in Jersey in a flash if I could. Family and the fact that financially it isn't that easy to just pick up and move are the main factors that keep me here.

There are many beautiful things about Jersey. I guess I just need to focus more on those things.

Its so funny you said that, because I often feel the same way. As I get older, people and traffic annoy me more, and I want to go be in the woods... laugh.gif

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jun 5 2008, 08:22 PM)
If you had the chance and money, would you stay put or would you move to another state.
I'd move out west(AZ, CA)

Well, I'm happy where I live. The weather here is perfect for me. It's essentially Spring for nine months, Summer for three. Winter is never too cold and it rarely snows. Summer's are never too hot. There are a lot of fun things to do in Seattle and the surrounding area is incredibly beautiful. The art community is decent. But, going back to your question, if I had the chance and money, I would move to NYC or London. Probably London over NYC because I hear the summer and winter months are murder in New York! I would love to live somewhere where the theatre/art community was huge and where there is a plethora of restaurants. Don't even get me started on food...

Archived