this is a 2008 spoiler

crushtopher

QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 30 2008, 12:47 PM)
" A friend of mine claimed that Rush is planning on performing an entire album from the past on this tour."

I stopped reading there. When you only have about 3 hours, and 30+ years of material, this is not something anyone with anyone with intelligence would do. And we all know Rush are smart guys.

You can't possibly pick a single album out of a catalogue like this and expect to satisfy your fans. It just wouldn't work and I would be willing to bet big they will never do something like this.

The fact is though that Hemi is a short album of which theyd possibly play some of anyway, same with PeW. So it is feasible, IMO.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why people are hating on the guy. Even if it's false, he's probably just trying to ignite some excitement both for himself and the fans.

But, something's telling me this is true, I don't know. If it isn't I could really care less. I think the guy's doing us a favor.

I mean, come on. It's better than ANOTHER setlist thread.

Double post.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Mar 30 2008, 03:07 PM)
They could play all of HEmispheres and have lots of time left seeing as to how it is a short album.

Yeah! And they would probably cut some parts out of Hemispheres (sadly), which would leave them even more time. The whole album could probably be done in 30 minutes. Theyd still have over 2 hours left

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Mar 30 2008, 10:57 AM)
QUOTE (Score Out @ Mar 30 2008, 03:49 AM)

Moving Pictures is really the only album that, if played in its entirety, would seem to have any real marketing value.

Yep, Rush is always about putting the target on the market.

wacko.gif

Rush (and particularly the promoters) are also well aware that they are playing to mostly empty buildings with the way things stand now and that they're taking a bath financially this tour given the projections (more the promoters than the band - but it all ties together).

As soon as I read this topic, my immediate thought was Hemispheres. You've gotta think about this in perspective. Rush through 2112 is not gonna happen. There is a possibility of AFTK but Cygnus-X1 commands some pretty high pitched vocals no matter how much it's down tuned. The guy said "from the first note". People expect TSOR and Tommy so aside from casual fans, there wont be any "flipping". Same goes for Signals and GUP. It's not like Subdivisions and DEW havent been played in recent years so that's not likely. Power Windows I don't think is a good chance either. The Big Money has been played so why would people flip at that? I would bet that it's not an album beyond Power Windows. So, the only album left is Hemispheres. From the first note, that beautiful F Sharp note, people WILL FLIP. They've already got Circumstances. The Trees and La Villa have been present in recent tours too. Plus, the album is about 36 minutes, leaving plenty of room for a good amount of material. I have to wonder if this would be what they open with? Would they do it in the middle of a set? Close a set with the entirety? As if we needed more speculation. But w/e. That's the beauty of having a band that tours as much a Rush does. If this guy is telling truth, my instinct is on Hemispheres.

trink39.gif

I love this thread!! And Have been reading all the posts!! This is what the forum is about!! Let's not disrespect anyone!! Let's hear everyone out!!

I thought about this more carefully!! I think Rush HAS to do something like this!!! Look at Iron Maiden they are having a HUGE Nostalgic Act with their show with the powerslave set up and Van Halen is doing all the Roth era Songs they really pulled stuff out of the Vault for that tour!! Rush Is very Knowledgeable! They Know tickets are not selling well and Like Maiden and Van Halen must pull more vault songs out like the Cygnus book 2 from Hemispheres!! Also if they did the whole Hemispheres album and include Jacob's Ladder according to the FED Ex Guy thread!! Then Hey That is one hell of a second leg!! Hey Maybe include the Camera Eye!! and they could still get freewill spirit of radio and tom sawyer in there which they will!! I mean leave the vault songs in from last year then do the an entire classic album thing plus jacob's ladder and the camera eye this tour would kick some serious ass!!

A set with Marathon, Jacob's Ladder, and Hemispheres in its entirety is just simply freaking epic. There really would be no room for complaints whatsoever. I mean, seriously. smile.gif

I am so looking forward to reading after opening night.

QUOTE (rushringleader @ Mar 29 2008, 03:27 PM)
It could be very well be Hemispheres because the first note, or sound would be that vortex effect, which would make my jaw drop. drool1.gif

I agree that this is the only album that fits the description given by the original poster. They already brought out Circumstances, La Villa is an extended instrumental, The trees they've got to have down cold, so adding a version of the Side One opus would be the only "work" for the boys associated with this album.

If the rumor's true ( a big if), this is the album.

QUOTE (Echoes @ Mar 30 2008, 02:57 PM)
As soon as I read this topic, my immediate thought was Hemispheres. You've gotta think about this in perspective. Rush through 2112 is not gonna happen. There is a possibility of AFTK but Cygnus-X1 commands some pretty high pitched vocals no matter how much it's down tuned. The guy said "from the first note". People expect TSOR and Tommy so aside from casual fans, there wont be any "flipping". Same goes for Signals and GUP. It's not like Subdivisions and DEW havent been played in recent years so that's not likely. Power Windows I don't think is a good chance either. The Big Money has been played so why would people flip at that? I would bet that it's not an album beyond Power Windows. So, the only album left is Hemispheres. From the first note, that beautiful F Sharp note, people WILL FLIP. They've already got Circumstances. The Trees and La Villa have been present in recent tours too. Plus, the album is about 36 minutes, leaving plenty of room for a good amount of material. I have to wonder if this would be what they open with? Would they do it in the middle of a set? Close a set with the entirety? As if we needed more speculation. But w/e. That's the beauty of having a band that tours as much a Rush does. If this guy is telling truth, my instinct is on Hemispheres.

trink39.gif

You hit the nail on the head my friend with your analysis. Just to add to your point, and maybe this is just wishfull thinking, but another lead-off song that fits the description of a jaw-dropper would be Bastille Day.

I wont hold my breath on that one, but do you think they'll at least play something live from CoS before they call it quits?

QUOTE (Analogkid1123 @ Mar 30 2008, 04:35 PM)
last year during sound checks they were heard playing all of AFTK...

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Yeah but Madrigal would be an odd moment in the show and Cygnus X-1's final vocals would really need a new delivery.

QUOTE (crushtopher @ Mar 30 2008, 12:05 PM)
I passed on good news that i had heard from a freind.

Actually you did no such thing. What you did was say nothing, told us nothing, and did nothing. Nothing except make people wonder, guess, theorize, and ponder. Honestly, what you did was more of a disservice than it was anything else. Where is your commitment to the greater good? Why waste people's time if you have nothing to say outside of "I know something that you don't, and I'm not telling ya"? Is this some type of masturbatory game you're playing? And then you say "out of respect for the band"? As if "the band" knows you or cares about anything you do in life. You almost sound as if Neil sits by his phone waiting for your call. Trust me bro, the band doesn't care about you or your information.

Seriously dude, I'm not flaming you on this, but what you did here is either disingenuous or you're simply stroking yourself. Which is it? Honestly, if you don't want to tell us what you know then why would you come in here and post such nonsense? Do you think you're better than everyone else or something? Either you have something to share with the group or you don't. It's that simple bro, so which is it?

QUOTE (crushtopher @ Mar 29 2008, 11:52 PM)
You know what sweet science you got it. If im wrong .....i am done with this board. 170 posts ......i`ve seen rush probably more than you . This iant my life. Its an internet message board for a band that exists during our generation. How bout if im right .....you get lost.

Who cares about your 170 posts??? If you've got info spill it. If not why jerk our chains? People who don't want to know won't read your post.

I personally think your full of horse sh**!!!

QUOTE (FirstTourWasIn84 @ Mar 30 2008, 04:59 PM)
QUOTE (crushtopher @ Mar 30 2008, 12:05 PM)
I passed on good news that i had heard from a freind.

Actually you did no such thing. What you did was say nothing, told us nothing, and did nothing. Nothing except make people wonder, guess, theorize, and ponder.

What's wrong with that? trink39.gif

Nobody's time is being wasted here. We all choose to click and read the threads we do. Personal responsibility needs to be taken. Sure, it was a trolling first post. Maybe the bait's real, maybe its a lure. Point is, it's been fun chasing the line. cool.gif

This was on rush is a band website where te fed ex guy heard some songs

Possible songs Rush is rehearsing

Vapor Trail

Closer to the Heart

Spirit of Radio

Far Cry

* Marathon

La Villa Strangato

Faithless

Working Man

How it is

* Jacob's Ladder

Roll the Bones

Bravado

The Main Monkey Business

Everyday Glory

Working Them Angels or Armor and Sword (one of the two)

* I have separate confirmation of these songs being rehearsed that I'm very confident about

Archived