this is a 2008 spoiler

crushtopher

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (kylemcm @ Apr 1 2008, 03:09 AM)
Why can't you tell us? It's 10 days away...its not gunna be a secret for long. Lets end this with the truth! 2.gif

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk218/Weatherman2112_photos/img_fewgoodmen.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. tongue.gif

If it is Hemispheres, and you can confirm it from your "friend" you haven't seen in a year, you could be responsible for a ticket buying frenzy and be the reason this leg starts selling out! How would that make you feel?

So your friend is a music teacher. How does that make him reliable? Maybe he's just looking for a way to backtrack on his comment about not seeing them again. What better way to do that than say they are playing an entire album. He's got nothing to lose... He see's the show. If they play it, he got lucky. If they don't he can tell you again how he's disapointed and won't see them again.....until next time.

Predicting Hemi will be played isn't a huge risk. They have been rumored to have beeen rehearsing it already. And, as mentioned previously, it isn't that long. Wouldn't be a stretch. And, although I would be excited about it, it wouldn't blow me away. I'm seeing the show in Milwaukee with a 7 ish start time. Still too bright out for my taste for an intro like that that needs a large dose of visual effects to completely "blow" me away. If they do play it, I hope it is after intermission when it is dark and we can be immersed in the whole experience of light and sound.

This is like my 6th post. I hope it doesn't offend anyone....

Nosing through the setlists over at the Power Windows site...I may be wrong but the Hemispheres Tour was the only tour where an entire album (full version of Hemispheres too) was played live until Circumstances was dropped. It would be quite interesting to see them revive it but I don't know how that would sound tuned down a step.

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/Tours.htm

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Mar 29 2008, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (crushtopher @ Mar 29 2008, 01:56 PM)
Skeeter your gonna flip when you hear the first note played of this album

I don't see how PeW fits in with the follow up post. Why would anyone flip because they started playing SotR? What album starts with a song that would be unusual seems to be the question.

My guess is Hemispheres.

Same here. What other first note is better, really?

I think Hemispheres makes sense, as it's "only" 4 songs. I sure hope this is correct. What other opening song from an album hasn't been played many times before?

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Mar 29 2008, 02:55 PM)
What about GUP............Damn, that'd be killer!...............I'm serious.........

Oh, I'd love either GUP or Hemispheres, but GUP is 8 songs..

Plus, the opening note of "Distant Early Warning" would be great, but not HOLY SHIT great, you know?

Well boys and girls, I guess we have our own version of "THE GREAT DEBATE"! I've got a few ideas, and I'm sure some are way off.

1st guess: ROLL THE BONES

2nd guess: HOLD YOUR FIRE

3rd guess: SIGNALS

I'll keep it at 3 for now and I'll let you guys argue the rest of it out!

See whoever's going at the UC in CHICAGO!

If i am wrong ,i am gone for good, never returning . Not only wont i return but i`ll put Rush forever to rest and never go see ,listen to or promote them ever again.i will also go out of my way to humiliate their fans There satisfied . Want my ticket stubs? My cd`s ,programs,and shirts i will burn. Geddys autograph i will use as toilet paper the next time i take a dump. I will use Neil and Alex posters as dartboard propoganda .

Yeah dude.....you're a REAL fan.

I'd actually like to hear Hold Your Fire. I actually preferred the songs to the ones on Power Windows for the most part. The songs were great, but the production was to 80s-ish. With the new instrumentation, they would sound way better. I'd say any album between Hemishperes and Hold Your Fire is a legitimate "contender" if you will. Although I hated the tuned down Circumstances, so I hope it's not Hemispheres, because I'd tuned down as much as Circumstances and 2112. The Moving Pictures to HYF era would be the most popular choices and better for vocal range. But now I'm even more curious and anxious about the tour than ever!

QUOTE (mfratt @ Apr 1 2008, 02:13 AM)
Presto PLEASE!!

Show Don't Tell biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Chain Lightning biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
The Pass biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif 653.gif 1022.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
War Paint biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Scars biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Presto biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Superconductor biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Anagram biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Red Tide biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

http://www.legendlimeregistry.com/images/smilies/SHOCKED.gif

QUOTE (mfratt @ Apr 1 2008, 04:39 PM)
I doubt it will be Hemispheres given how Geddy sounded singing the prelude on the Test For Echo tour. He just can't sing that high anymore.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RL7MaPpNrV0

That was the Counterparts tour. I saw them that tour and I remember it sounding great. However, memory of such a joyous time will no doubt flatter Geddy without being critical.

A problem with bootleg clips however is that they can capture one bad night and then poorly represent the band in the minds of whoever hears it. I've heard that Geddy struggled with illness during that tour. If Geddy was sounding like that in rehearsals for the CP tour, they wouldn't have put Prelude in the setlist. But I'm sure he sounded great then, and as the tour went on and illness kicked in, things got rough.

Personally, I think Geddy has only gotten better as a vocalist. He's a pro and he takes singing seriously. He trains his voice and his skill with it continues to grow. Listen to Freewill from Different Stages and then listen to it from last summer. The man's voice is on point dude. smile.gif

I'm sure that all is needed is downtuning Hemispheres a full step and Geddy will be sound as a pound.

QUOTE (Joshua @ Apr 1 2008, 05:51 PM)
I'm sure that all is needed is downtuning Hemispheres a full step and Geddy will be sound as a pound.

I like that, sound as a pound goodpost.gif

FYI:

I believe that Crush was referring to Berklee College of Music on the East Coast, whilst the Uni-Bomber, as noted by FirstTour, attended UC Berkeley in Northern California. They are two completely different institutions...a clarification of which I now realize is pretty unimportant at this point in the conversation. ph34r.gif

Hard to believe the real deal "genuine" set list hasen't been leaked yet! tongue.gif

I dunno man I just downtuned my guitar a step and played Hemispheres...doesn't sound as well as Circumstances did. I think it would sound kinda awkward if they downtuned

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Apr 1 2008, 06:52 PM)
I dunno man I just downtuned my guitar a step and played Hemispheres...doesn't sound as well as Circumstances did. I think it would sound kinda awkward if they downtuned

I'll take it.

I'd take Geddy kazooing it for 18 minutes, I love that song too much. BRING IT ON!!! trink36.gif

QUOTE (Mongo @ Apr 1 2008, 08:37 PM)
I think the album may be "Moving Pictures." They already play 5/7 of it on the last tour and "The Camera Eye" would be a huge surprise...

Would be awesome and is possible in my opinion.

Archived