this is a 2008 spoiler

crushtopher

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what sweet science you got it. If im wrong .....i am done with this board. 170 posts ......i`ve seen rush probably more than you . This iant my life. Its an internet message board for a band that exists during our generation. How bout if im right .....you get lost.

QUOTE (crushtopher @ Mar 29 2008, 11:52 PM)
You know what sweet science you got it. If im wrong .....i am done with this board. 170 posts ......i`ve seen rush probably more than you . This iant my life. Its an internet message board for a band that exists during our generation. How bout if im right .....you get lost.

Don't sweat these guys. I say thanks for posting what you heard. trink39.gif

Even if it turns out to be B.S., it's been fun to talk about and dream about. Now if you're just making it up to get a rise out of everyone, that's not cool. But I don't get that sense.

I'll be there on April 13th to find out!! common001.gif

Funny how sensitive we can be, of whether or not we believe the spoilers.

HA!

Sometimes it's good to take a leap of faith.

We can walk a road together...

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 29 2008, 11:58 PM)
I am really amazed that true confirmable spoilers have not been leaked yet, this close to the second leg. This close to the first leg we knew at least 1/4 the setlist already.

I think we probably know more than half of the setlist this time. yes.gif

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Mar 29 2008, 11:16 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 29 2008, 11:58 PM)
I am really amazed that true confirmable spoilers have not been leaked yet, this close to the second leg.  This close to the first leg we knew at least 1/4 the setlist already.

I think we probably know more than half of the setlist this time. yes.gif

Mabey, but notice I said "Confirmable". Something that is sourced. Last time we had some definates.

Alex said in Contents Under Pressure that "Madrigal" and "Different Strings" are two songs that will never be played live because of the way they were produced. So that rules out Kings and Permanent Waves. I'll bet it won't be Moving Pictures either, just because of the fact that the boys are very vocal about not wanting to play "The Camera Eye" live.

The big hint was the "you will be shocked from the first note" bit. It's gotta be Hemispheres, although I kind of hope it isn't, because Geddy was struggling with "Circumstances" when I saw them last year.

Who gives a crap? Whatever they play is fine. Quit being goofy about it all. Stay calm. Meantime, listen to your CD's (not just Rush. Don't drive yourselves nuts). Hear and see what you are handed at show time.

Playing the song Hemispheres would certainly be cool (if true), but playing the entire album seems like a very anti-climatic surprise as the other 3 songs have all been played throughout the past couple of tours and there's very little connection between them.

Moving Pictures is really the only album that, if played in its entirety, would seem to have any real marketing value.

QUOTE (theanalogkid1982 @ Mar 29 2008, 11:43 PM)
They are going to bring John back, turn every song on the first album into an acoustic country tune, and play it the entire way through. Neil is going to be on the fiddle. Trust me, i heard this from a very reliable source.

rofl3.gif

Leaving aside potential fiddle-enhanced versions of songs old and new, the guys used the European leg of last year's tour to rehearse various songs to see how they felt ahead of the 2008 leg.

UK based rock photographer, Ross Halfin posted details (and a bunch of great shots of the guys) on his website last October. So what do people think about the prospect of Here Again from '74!

Hemispheres and most of A Farewell To Kings - London Soundcheck

Cinderella Man, The Analog Kid and Here Again - Milan Soundcheck

Beneath, Between & Behind and La Villa Strangiato - Stockholm Souncheck

http://www.rosshalfin.co.uk/diary/october-...ctober-2007.php

2.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Mar 30 2008, 01:46 AM)
Who gives a crap? Whatever they play is fine. Quit being goofy about it all. Stay calm. Meantime, listen to your CD's (not just Rush. Don't drive yourselves nuts). Hear and see what you are handed at show time.

goodpost.gif good advice

lots of restlessness around here

To all the idiots who don't believe this guy, read my post again.

People within the music industry have heard rumours about this. Classic Rock will no doubt have contacts very close to the band, and they're not going to make this up from people on message boards.

Post counts mean nothing, just because he has 170 doesn't mean he's any less reliable than others. By that way, half of you would believe, say Tick, if he posted a sarcastic thread but he has alot of posts.

I'm going with A Farewell to Kings. They supposedly have been playing the title song during soundcheck last tour. The acoustic guitars are already on tour. I would assume it won't be their first album either. But, if it's Presto or Test for Echo or Vapor Trails, I'll probably just leave, so I hope it's not.

QUOTE (Score Out @ Mar 30 2008, 03:49 AM)

Moving Pictures is really the only album that, if played in its entirety, would seem to have any real marketing value.

Yep, Rush is always about putting the target on the market.

wacko.gif

Just another little hint for you all . It is older than Presto. Now i`ve widdled it down far enough so if you will get nothing else from me . I hope what my friend has told me is indeed true and nobody wants to play the part of the fool including myself. I was just passing good news that i heard to all of you who are fans of this great band . I didnt want to start fights ,arguments just an optimistic outlook about the upcoming tour. Have a great show all! Enjoy. Peace out, crushtopher 2.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (crushtopher @ Mar 30 2008, 11:57 AM)
Just another little hint for you all . It is older than Presto. Now i`ve widdled it down far enough so if you will get nothing else from me . I hope what my friend has told me is indeed true and nobody wants to play the part of the fool including myself. I was just passing good news that i heard to all of you who are fans of this great band . I didnt want to start fights ,arguments just an optimistic outlook about the upcoming tour. Have a great show all! Enjoy. Peace out, crushtopher 2.gif biggrin.gif

whittled. smile.gif lets be realistic, if theyre playing a whole album its hemi or pew and my money would be on hemi based on what weve heard.

QUOTE (crushtopher @ Mar 30 2008, 12:52 AM)

bekloppt.gif See ya!!!!

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (crushtopher @ Mar 29 2008, 11:52 PM)

Hey, fair is fair. smile.gif

Thanks for this thread crushtopher. It's given me a bit more excitement and has been an entertaining read. If it all proves false opening night, I won't think less of you personally.

Point is: I'm seeing my seventh Rush show this summer. It's going to be a blast. biggrin.gif

" A friend of mine claimed that Rush is planning on performing an entire album from the past on this tour."

I stopped reading there. When you only have about 3 hours, and 30+ years of material, this is not something anyone with anyone with intelligence would do. And we all know Rush are smart guys.

You can't possibly pick a single album out of a catalogue like this and expect to satisfy your fans. It just wouldn't work and I would be willing to bet big they will never do something like this.

By the way sweet science i was just looking through about all i could bare of your posts on this board. Hate to say it but you come across as a know it all. You have quoted and bashed more people on this board than just about anybody. Why is that ? What is your beef with people anyway? Everyone should take your word as the authority. I passed on good news that i had heard from a freind. Immediately you discredit anything i said and start the bashing session. Do i work for Rush.....no. Do i know people who have worked with the band .......no. Do i know people who have studied music and sound as understudies towards credited degrees in music.......yes. That is the truth. So to you and all your bashing associates screw you. I simply placed a tidbit of imformation i was given from a freind and without knowing who i am or what i am about you immediately started bashing and discreditting me. Your a jerk dude thats all i know and all i have to .Good ridance

crush I enjoyed your info. you can't save the world, there are people out there who are unhappy with their miserable little lives that they take solice in trying to rundown other people. I think most people in here enjoyed what you said and throwing around ideas has been fun. Having said that. I come from the old school I like everthing rush has done but my first album was pew so I tend to like everthing up to signals more.

i was thinking hemispheres makes since. But like someone said earlier from a pure marketing/sales since moving pictures woud be the choice. Think about it there isn't a day that passes that someone mentions camera eye. If rush played camera eye as well as the rest of that album would we go nuts I would I think they will throw us a curve ball and that would do it because we are ruling it out

2.gif

crush I enjoyed your info. you can't save the world, there are people out there who are unhappy with their miserable little lives that they take solice in trying to rundown other people. I think most people in here enjoyed what you said and throwing around ideas has been fun. Having said that. I come from the old school I like everthing rush has done but my first album was pew so I tend to like everthing up to signals more.

i was thinking hemispheres makes since. But like someone said earlier from a pure marketing/sales since moving pictures woud be the choice. Think about it there isn't a day that passes that someone mentions camera eye. If rush played camera eye as well as the rest of that album would we go nuts I would I think they will throw us a curve ball and that would do it because we are ruling it out

2.gif

2.gif

Archived