this is a 2008 spoiler

crushtopher

If it was Hemispheres, they would have to tune way down for Geddy to sing it. Would people still like the tuned down version? As for Moving Pictures, they have been playing everything except Camera Eye, on the last few tours. Geddy said a couple of years ago, that THEY DID NOT want to play Camera Eye! Does anyone else recall Geddy saying this?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont know if i believe this or not,but the obvious answer has to be hemispheres.

reasons i think so...

he said something about the 1st note,nobody would be surprised to hear tsor or ts.

its the 30th anniversary of hemispheres.

other then the title track the rest has been played on the past 2 tours.

there was a rumor last year that they were rehearsing the title track last year during soundchecks in europe.

they downtuned circumstances to play it,there is no reason to believe they wouldnt do the same for the title track.

its one of the shortest albums(if not the shortest),so it wouldnt take up as much time as the others.

also it cant be moving pictures cuz they refuse to play tce.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

the only thing that throws this off is if its not a studio album,cuz i can see them playing esl.

Hemispheres would be awesome... but I think it's sort of repetitive for them to play the whole thing live. I think Permanent Waves might be more likely. But who knows... we'll find out in a couple weeks.

QUOTE (dethroned emperor @ Mar 29 2008, 06:55 PM)
i dont know if i believe this or not,but the obvious answer has to be hemispheres.

reasons i think so...

he said something about the 1st note,nobody would be surprised to hear tsor or ts.

there was a rumor last year that they were rehearsing the title track last year during soundchecks in europe.

they downtuned circumstances to play it,there is no reason to believe they wouldnt do the same for the title track.

its one of the shortest albums(if not the shortest),so it wouldnt take up as much time as the others.

the only thing that throws this off is if its not a studio album,cuz i can see them playing esl.

mmmm, very interesting.... I'm sold! yes.gif

QUOTE (dethroned emperor @ Mar 29 2008, 07:55 PM)

reasons i think so...

goodpost.gif

Cygnus X-1 Book Two: Hemispheres would be so damn massively epic to see live this summer. I'm really drooling over this prospect. And a full La Villa would be so sweet. Nylon-stringed intro perhaps? Or that electric spiraling lightning like on ESL? smile.gif

About the downtuned comments - that really doesn't bother me at all. I thought Circumstances downtuned sounded phenomenal. And as I'm sure dethroned emperor would agree; downtuned = heavier. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Joshua @ Mar 29 2008, 08:30 PM)
Cygnus X-1 Book Two: Hemispheres would be so damn massively epic to see live this summer. I'm really drooling over this prospect. And a full La Villa would be so sweet. Nylon-stringed intro perhaps? Or that electric spiraling lightning like on ESL? smile.gif

About the downtuned comments - that really doesn't bother me at all. I thought Circumstances downtuned sounded phenomenal. And as I'm sure dethroned emperor would agree; downtuned = heavier. 1022.gif

2112 has been downturned for a long while and it didnt bother me that much...

By a "full" La Villa Strangiato, they are probably going to skip the Buenos Nochas intro entirely. But of course Alex will do a rant during Monsters! (reprise)

that guy kills me everytime haha

Out of respect for the band i will not say which album it is.

Give me a break, how is this "respectful" to the band? Arn't you being disrespectful by releasing this info before they want it released?

QUOTE (Gerxt @ Mar 29 2008, 08:04 PM)
Out of respect for the band i will not say which album it is.

Give me a break, how is this "respectful" to the band? Arn't you being disrespectful by releasing this info before they want it released?

yeah right? i kind of agree.. but who really cares. we will find out soon enough... it is fun to speculate though..

QUOTE (dethroned emperor @ Mar 29 2008, 06:55 PM)

reasons i think so...

goodpost.gif

I was just writing down a list of reasons why it would not be this or that and why it would be Hemispheres and then I saw your list and it was the same!

All I would add is Hemispheres is kinda one big story so it makes more sense to play the entire album.

And for those of you saying Signals, Power Windows, Grace Under Pressure...no way they would do an entire album from the synth era. I wouldn't mind it but no way they do it.

Hemispheres will be a mind blower!! Fingers crossed! drool1.gif common001.gif

Putting on my logic cap...

The consensus seems to be the changing of 7 or songs right? At least that's what I've been led to believe.

They played 4/6 of PeW last tour. They could easily add Jacobs Ladder and Different Strings and be able to say that they are playing a full album, while still add 8-2=6 new songs to the set. Hence, thumbs up for PeW.

The Trees and La Villa were played on the past two tours (not too rusty), and they pulled Circumstances out of the cellar for S&A round 1. Why not throw Hemi in the mix too? Hence, Hemispheres gets a nod too.

Moving Pictures... sorry, but The Camera Eye seems too far fetched.

Are we quick to dismiss the potential for AFTK? The intro to the title track would probably send the crowd into a frenzy. However, that's a lot of different material to have to add. Call it a long shot.

I don't usually put myself out there, but here's my breakdown.

45% - PeW

35% - Hemispheres

10% - A Farewell To Kings

5% - S&A (Just because the tour is promoting S&A live. I picture a lot of shocked/potentially disappointed faces)

3% - MP

2% - Caress Of Steel (If they're going for the complete and utter shock factor. Would definitely be a tour for the ages.)

QUOTE (hrmavica @ Mar 29 2008, 08:44 PM)
Putting on my logic cap...

The consensus seems to be the changing of 7 or songs right? At least that's what I've been led to believe.

They played 4/6 of PeW last tour. They could easily add Jacobs Ladder and Different Strings and be able to say that they are playing a full album, while still add 8-2=6 new songs to the set. Hence, thumbs up for PeW.

The Trees and La Villa were played on the past two tours (not too rusty), and they pulled Circumstances out of the cellar for S&A round 1. Why not throw Hemi in the mix too? Hence, Hemispheres gets a nod too.

Moving Pictures... sorry, but The Camera Eye seems too far fetched.

Are we quick to dismiss the potential for AFTK? The intro to the title track would probably send the crowd into a frenzy. However, that's a lot of different material to have to add. Call it a long shot.

I don't usually put myself out there, but here's my breakdown.

45% - PeW
35% - Hemispheres
10% - A Farewell To Kings
5% - S&A (Just because the tour is promoting S&A live. I picture a lot of shocked/potentially disappointed faces)
3% - MP
2% - Caress Of Steel (If they're going for the complete and utter shock factor. Would definitely be a tour for the ages.)

goodpost.gif Those are my thoughts as well. Except the more I think about it, the more I think Hemispheres will be it over PeW.

QUOTE (2112OKC @ Mar 29 2008, 11:04 PM)
I saw them playing hemispheres before on the pew tour it was epic and if they do that again all i can say is you better see it it will BLOW you away.

Those were the days:

PeW Tour Setlist:

2112 (minus Discovery and Oracle)

Freewill

By-Tor and the Snow Dog (abbreviated)->

Xanadu

The Spirit of Radio

Natural Science

A Passage to Bangkok

The Trees

Cygnus X-1

Hemispheres

Closer To The Heart

Beneath, Between and Behind

Jacob's Ladder

Working Man (reggae intro)

Finding My Way

Anthem

Bastille Day

In The Mood

Drum Solo

Encore: La Villa Strangiato (electric guitar intro)

I haven't ready any posts but the first few, but all they have to do is add Jacob's Ladder, which is already been reported they are rehearsing, and Different Strings and you've got PeW! But hell, it doesn't matter what they're playing- I'm f***ing There!!!

1022.gif 2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

oop, just saw hrmavica's post. It's obviously too obvious tongue.gif

trink38.gif

QUOTE (Cygnusx3 @ Mar 29 2008, 08:21 PM)
i do not believe you whatsoever.......

what the hell is the point of making up setlist information two weeks before the tour???

if youre right about this, then it was a lucky guess.

goodpost.gif

I cant believe anyone believes this guy with 170 posts.

I smell a big fat pile of cow dung.

PeW was my first rush show not a bad start if I say so myself. If they did that setlist I would go into shock and have to be revived. why do they hate the camera eye so much Ive never heard that so I am out of the loop on that one.

2.gif

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 29 2008, 10:39 PM)
QUOTE (Cygnusx3 @ Mar 29 2008, 08:21 PM)
i do not believe you whatsoever.......

what the hell is the point of making up setlist information two weeks before the tour???

if youre right about this, then it was a lucky guess.

goodpost.gif

I cant believe anyone believes this guy with 170 posts.

I smell a big fat pile of cow dung.

yep............agreed...........

QUOTE (2112OKC @ Mar 29 2008, 11:39 PM)
PeW was my first rush show not a bad start if I say so myself. If they did that setlist I would go into shock and have to be revived. why do they hate the camera eye so much Ive never heard that so I am out of the loop on that one.

2.gif

I wouldnt say hate, but Geddy has been quoted to say something to the effect that they dont like the song enough to do it...

Archived