this is a 2008 spoiler

crushtopher

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am betting money on Hemispheres. That would be kick ass. I agree that we are getting ready to see something very special.

If not then signals/waves/pictures If they are doing an entire album all their stuff is great but those albums in my opinion solidified them as a true rock force. 2112 and kings also but I am still leaning towards hemispheres it is a gut feeling. everytime i have seen them when they played anything from that album they looked liked they were having a blast playing it.

2.gif

2.gif

2.gif

QUOTE (theworkingman23 @ Mar 29 2008, 01:24 PM)
POWER WINDOWS
POWER WINDOWS
POWER WINDOWS
POWER WINDOWS

NO

NO

NO

NO

Are you seriious? Marathon would be so bitchin

add that along side of Territories, Grand Designs, Middletown Dreams, Manhattan Project, Mystic Rhythms, Emotion Detector, Big Money? Freakin awesome man

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Mar 29 2008, 03:04 PM)
Are you seriious? Marathon would be so bitchin
add that along side of Territories, Grand Designs, Middletown Dreams, Manhattan Project, Mystic Rhythms, Emotion Detector, Big Money? Freakin awesome man

Come to think of it, they DID overlook all of PoW last time around.

One could wonder...although I'm leaning towards either Hemispheres or PeW.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 29 2008, 03:01 PM)
QUOTE (theworkingman23 @ Mar 29 2008, 01:24 PM)
POWER WINDOWS
POWER WINDOWS
POWER WINDOWS
POWER WINDOWS

NO

NO

NO

NO

YES

YES

YES

YES

yes.gif

I would flip if they played all of Power Windows. Power Windows, IMO is one of there best albums.

I'd love to see the entire Power Windows album live. But.... it's going to be Hemispheres. crushtopher gave a telling hint early on. It makes plenty sense too. After opening night and the word is out, there will be a huge surge in enthusiasm for this leg resulting in a nice bump up in ticket sales.

*sigh* Wow, I hope this is true. Freakin' epic dude. 1287.gif 1022.gif

Hemispheres album, live in its entirety. Tracks 1 & 2, downtuned a full step. Tracks 3 & 4, standard tuning. drool1.gif

IF...and I mean it's a Big "IF" this is true...

then you gyts are cracking me up with the Presto, Power Windows stuff. Can you imagine an hour straight of Presto? Songs like Red Tide, Hand Over Fist, Superconductor? Come on man, the crowds would riot as someone else said, and ticket sales would plumment. Use commons sense, if it's true it will be one of the classics.

Godeater had it right:

1. Permanent Waves

2. Moving Pictures

3. Hemispheres

It would without a doubt be ONE of those 3...and I like the Hemispheres theories...30 year anniversary and picking up on what the original poster said about the "opening note"...the other 2 dont have a magical opening note

Hmmm....yep I've pretty much talked myself into Hemispheres.

So let's see, the set would go

1. Hemispheres

2. Circumstances

3. The Trees

4. la Villa Strangiato to close it...

Uhhh...yeah, that would work! 1022.gif

I Think The strongest Possiblities For an entire album being played is Hemispheres and Power Windows!!

The reasons are that Power Windows Have been Played In its Entiriety with the exception of Emotion Detector. All these Songs on This Abum Are excellent Live!! Plus one of the Guitar Magazines interviewing Alex Lifeson asked which are the best guitar solos in your career and he answered Limelight and EMOTION DETECTOR!!!!! Plus even though this album would be long to play in a live setting you know from looking at the tour archives from the powerwindows website that they have played 7 of the 8 songs. This would be a surprise to play the whole album!! Plus they are really trying to showcase alex lifeson's talents on the guitar solos. The recent tours have been much heavier in sound and I feel Geddy And Neil want Alex's Guitar to shine through If you noticed Digital Man was more Hard Rocking and the Guitar solo was Longer Live than the album yes the bass and drumming were there but the jam they put into the song was a more heavy metalish type of performance. According to Alex if they Played the entire Power Windows Album you would get his second best solo in the song Emotion Detector being payed!!

And Hemispheres is a strong possibility Because of the 30th anniversary of an exceptionally great album plus with two short songs like the trees and cirumstances are easy for them and time wise won't take that much time!! They played La Villa Strangiato The Trees and Circumstances On the last three tours and some of the prelude on R30!! Hemispheres played in its entiriety would be a possibilty like when they played 2112 on the T4E tour!! Also as far as Permanent Waves They will not do Different Strings Live due to the production of the song as well as Madrigal from A Farewell To Kings! They Don't like playing the Camera Eye Well Live!! So Hemispheres and power windows get my vote!!

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Mar 29 2008, 05:34 PM)
I was reading Classic Rock today and they were talking about Rush resurrecting some long lost parts from Hemispheres.

I'd say Hemispheres is the most likely one.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet ifn it be true!

wow, i havent really been keeping up with the latest of tour plans... so reading this thread looks promising.. i wouldnt mind any album being played in its entirety hemispheres would be cool, but damn power windows would be sweet.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Mar 29 2008, 05:46 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Mar 29 2008, 02:04 PM)
I freakin hope not. Presto sucks

No it doesnt. Vapor Trails sucks.

wow.. i cant say that any album sucks.. IMO they all are great, and there is a song for every mood you are in.. at least for me.. even some cds in its entirety that can fit the mood i'm in.

Archived