**SPOLIER**

nobodys hero

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First and foremost: smilies-8579.png wink.gif

How It Is is a weak link in VT. The music is not all that great, and the lyrics are... well... not Peart's best. Clearly not a "great" song then. And I have a feeling this one wouldn't go too well live.

QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 15 2008, 09:16 AM)
Yeah, there's some songs on here I can't see them playing.

Vapor Trail
How it is
Everyday Glory

I personally would love to see any of those three.

Marathon.....now that's the song to see live. yes.gif drool1.gif 1022.gif

if they played how it is and vapor trails i would die inside, for the fact they are two of my most favourite and moving songs on VT and they arn't goign to come over to the UK o nthis tour, and i imagine, if they ever toured again they would never play those songs again, so please, can this not be true!!!

I don't buy it. Neither "Vapor Trail" or "How It Is" have been played before, not even on the VT tour, and I don't think they'll be played now. With that in mind, the whole setlist is suspect.

Yeah I doubt they will do any of those rare songs. It would just be too good to be true. I've been praying for Jacob's Ladder ever since I first listened to Permanent Waves. And Vapor Trail is my favourite song off VT, and I absolutely LOVE hearing Marathon on A Show of Hands.

Marathon could be a very strong possibility, though. During the Vapor Trails tour, they pulled The Big Money out, then 2004 marked the return of Mystic Rhythms. If they're going to put any Power Windows songs in the 2008 set, it should either be Marathon, Middletown Dreams, Territories, or Grand Designs. Any of those and I will be Power-Window-Satisfied.

I think that it is possible that this is true. I know a few people who also know the area the warehouse is located where Rush practice. So it is quite possible that a Fed-Ex employee heard them practice. Obviously the set list will contain more songs than these. It is also quite possible that they are just testing out some songs to see if they work or not.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 16 2008, 01:28 PM)
I don't buy it. Neither "Vapor Trail" or "How It Is" have been played before, not even on the VT tour, and I don't think they'll be played now. With that in mind, the whole setlist is suspect.

For what it's worth, Vapor Trail was one of the 5 "alternates" on the VT Tour setlist along with Freewill (added), The Trees (added), Nocturne, and A Passage to Bangkok (included the next 2 tours in some form). An unplayed songs from that album certainly wouldn't surprise me - especially since OLV and Secret Touch have been played to death and neither went over very well last year - however hearing both is unrealistic.

Yes I seem to recall seeing Vapor Trail and Bangkok on a paper sheet of alternates, like a setlist with adds in case one song glitches kinda thing.

I fkn love VT song and album.

Its eerie, I thought it was even really eery (sp) when the space shuttle came down that next year, the newspaper's front cover was a stark omen of the album cover et al. It was quite freaky to me, all tarot cards aside...

at this new location on the outskirts of Markham, a warehouse at the edge of an industrial subdivision

This is quite possible-- (i knew where rush was rehearsing near the water front in toronto before S/A was released -and seen their trucks for the gear last year -i have a good source as well close to RMO.

This warehouse in the outskirts of Markham i believe is the (RUSH bat cave )as they called it - its the same place where neil and that crazy news reporter were drumming to Tom saywer in toronto on u-tube

neil was funny as hell on that one-

QUOTE (YYZ Working Man @ Mar 17 2008, 12:00 AM)
at this new location on the outskirts of Markham, a warehouse at the edge of an industrial subdivision

This is quite possible-- (i knew where rush was rehearsing near the water front in toronto before S/A was released -and seen their trucks for the gear last year -i have a good source as well close to RMO.

This warehouse in the outskirts of Markham i believe is the (RUSH bat cave )as they called it - its the same place where neil and that crazy news reporter were drumming to Tom saywer in toronto on u-tube

neil was funny as hell on that one-

That crazy news reporter as you so called him was Rick Mercer. He is awesome! Yeah I know where they practiced on the harbourfront as well.

Archived