Breaking Bad

ReRushed

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 31 2012, 09:36 AM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 30 2012, 09:43 PM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 30 2012, 10:33 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 30 2012, 06:47 PM)
Last night's episode was pretty disappointing....

I thought it was pretty good actually. It seems as though that was sort of a transitional episode setting up for a real big one next week. When Walt told Jesse about why he thought Gus cut that guy's throat, you could tell it got Jesse (and all the viewers) was thinking "What exactly did he mean by that?". And, I don't think that Jesse thought he meant anything good by it.

Walt might be thinking of sending Mike a similar message.

You would think Walt would be smart enough to know that their new operation will not work without Mike. He's doing all the leg work by getting the product on the street and dividing up the money properly to everyone who needs it.

I liked the episode mainly because it was great to see them cooking again. I think the idea Walt had about cooking in houses that are about to be fumigated was a brilliant one.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 31 2012, 02:44 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jul 30 2012, 09:30 PM)

I wouldn't call it a disappointment but it wasn't a classic. But I do think it was a necessary episode just to get the cooking operation back on track.

WTF was up with that last exchange between Walt & Jesse?

Walt wants to send a message to Mike. Feels like he's getting screwed.

Just because you shot Jesse James don't make you Jesse James.

Pinkman's the one with his head on straight here because he sees right away that they're getting a bigger cut. Walt's hubris...breathtaking.

Honestly I thought he was threatening Jesse...I think Jesse thought so too.

Another scene that was good in that episode was when Walt sat on the couch next to the kid and sort gave the kid the evil eye. Showing that Walt has now officially crossed over to the point of no return. It's going to get very ugly, very soon.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jul 31 2012, 08:32 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 31 2012, 02:44 PM)

I wouldn't call it a disappointment but it wasn't a classic. But I do think it was a necessary episode just to get the cooking operation back on track.

Just because you shot Jesse James don't make you Jesse James.

Pinkman's the one with his head on straight here because he sees right away that they're getting a bigger cut. Walt's hubris...breathtaking.

Honestly I thought he was threatening Jesse...I think Jesse thought so too.

In a way, Jesse and Mike have values and morals that Walt doesn't. Hes turning into a scumbag. Asked his opinion he'd have simply killed Mikes people.

I thought the montage put to music of them cooking was excellent.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 1 2012, 04:42 PM)
Another scene that was good in that episode was when Walt sat on the couch next to the kid and sort gave the kid the evil eye. Showing that Walt has now officially crossed over to the point of no return. It's going to get very ugly, very soon.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 31 2012, 12:14 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 31 2012, 02:11 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 31 2012, 09:56 AM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 31 2012, 08:46 AM)
One of the many brilliant things about Breaking Bad is that no matter if it's a strong episode or a weak episode, there is something significant that happens that moves Walt's story forward.

Has this show taken over from Lost as the most popular TV show on TRF?

unsure.gif

I never liked Lost, maybe I'll try this show when all the furor dies down and everyone's moved on to something else. That's how I like to do it...

trink38.gif

Just do it!

It's by far the best show on TV yes.gif

I've put it on my list. I need to watch Dexter too.

Sons of Anarchy is great! I just got into this and had a marathon and watched all the seasons within 3 days!

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 31 2012, 12:44 PM)

I think we will see Walt do some crazy/drastic things to get some of Mike's guys off of his payroll. He want a bigger cut, but he has to do so without losing Mike or there goes his distribution.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Aug 5 2012, 09:50 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Aug 5 2012, 11:48 PM)
pretty good episode.....

Wait, why did I even look at this topic to read this? I must avoid the temptation!

That's why I didn't elaborate any further....I knew you have seen it, and didn't want to spoil anything.... cool.gif

So, did anyone else notice when they showed the watch at the end that the final sound wasn't a watch ticking but a gun clicking? Is Skylar getting ready to off herself or is she standing over Walt with a gun? ohmy.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 6 2012, 07:11 AM)
So, did anyone else notice when they showed the watch at the end that the final sound wasn't a watch ticking but a gun clicking? Is Skylar getting ready to off herself or is she standing over Walt with a gun? ohmy.gif

I did not catch that, but Skylar is a goner, that's for sure!

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 6 2012, 04:21 PM)
Just got into this show and I'm about done the second season. DAMN I am seriously hooked!!

From what I hear people saying it just keeps getting better.

biggrin.gif

Season 2 is the best IMO....of course so are the others.....but it was my favorite...

Edited by WCFIELDS

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Aug 6 2012, 08:14 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 6 2012, 04:21 PM)
Just got into this show and I'm about done the second season. DAMN I am seriously hooked!!

From what I hear people saying it just keeps getting better.

biggrin.gif

Season 2 is the best IMO....of course so are the others.....but it was my favorite...

4 was mine.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Aug 6 2012, 08:10 PM)
So at least we know the opening scene to the season opener is 1 year from now in Walt's life.

Yup.

I read the Rolling Stone interview with Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston and Cranston said when they filmed that flash-forward scene, he had some questions for Vince Gilligan, one being "I've been gone, but I come back to Albequerque. Why?" Vince's answer was "...to save someone."

He also asked "Is the cancer back?" and Vince responded "maybe."

Edited by Presto-digitation