How Much Rush do you own  

243 members have voted

1. 1. How Much Rush do you own

• Faux Fan (1 or 2 Compelations)
    • Unexcusable (1-3 studio albums)
    • Lacking (4-8 studio albums)
    • Moderate (9-13 studio albums)
    • Expectation (13-17 studio albums)
    • To the Challenge (All 18 studio albums)
    • Going beyond the call of Duty (All 18 studio albums, plus at least one Live)
    • The Ultimate Rush Warrior (Everything Rush has commercially released (excluding compelations) plus a number of Bootlegs)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
doh.gif I forgot about video releases, I have everything commercially released, I even have a 'Beta' copy of "Exit Stage Left." I doubt if I'll ever have another Betamax to play it on though. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Drumnut/nerd.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Nov 13 2007, 10:58 PM)
doh.gif I forgot about video releases, I have everything commercially released, I even have a 'Beta' copy of "Exit Stage Left." I doubt if I'll ever have another Betamax to play it on though. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Drumnut/nerd.gif

Hold on to that Beta tape! I would think it's a collector's item. cool.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 13 2007, 09:40 PM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Nov 13 2007, 10:58 PM)
doh.gif  I forgot about video releases, I have everything commercially released, I even have a 'Beta' copy of "Exit Stage Left." I doubt if I'll ever have another Betamax to play it on though. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Drumnut/nerd.gif

Hold on to that Beta tape! I would think it's a collector's item. cool.gif

biggrin.gif Sealed in a Zip-Lock bag in a metal tackle box. wink.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 13 2007, 10:42 PM)
I own all the live releases, all the DVDs (or VHS), and a handful of boots. But I don't own the debut album, so I voted "Expectation."

aww 73 you should get RUSH! It's a great album! smile.gif

The only thing keeping me out of the Ultimate Warrior club is the boots.

I don't have any boots.

...got some really cute shoes, though! tongue.gif

I've got a goodly chunk of their studio albums (about 13 in actual physical CD form, as opposed to iTunes or iPod), plus Different Stages. I also own all four of Neil's books, a couple of tour programmes, t-shirts and assorted odds n ends. I did have a copy of A Favorite Headache, but space monkeys seem to have stolen it. icon_alienjig.gif

Did I also mention 5 concerts scattered around the States, Canada and the UK? tongue.gif

In respect to the albums, I've actually deliberately held off on getting them all at once. It's good to see the boys are still up and and it, releasing new material, touring and all, but they won't be around forever. Leaving myself a few opportunities to raid the back catalogue in future gives me something else to look forward to. 2.gif

Tha list:

-all 18 studio album

-2 versions of SnA

-all 7 live albums (including R30 and GUP)

-4 compilation albums

-1 EP (Feedback)

-1 moon records demo (Not Fade Away/You Can't Fight It)

-7 vinyls: CoS, ATWAS, MP, HYF, Kings, GUP, and my most prized Rush possession--A signals vinyl signed by Niel.

-5 bootlegs:

*The Fifth Order of Angels: 8/26/74

*Tour of the Semispheres: 9/12/79

*Row the Boats: 11/7/91

*Great Woods and Summer Skies: 6/23/97

*30 Years Strong: 5/26/04

-2 concert experiences

-Geddy Lee's My Favorite Headache

-Exit Stage Left: A String Quartet Tribute to Rush

-VT & R30 Tourbooks

-VT & R30 Keychains

-4 posters: 30th Anniversary, Starman, Feedback, SnA

-Robert Telleria-Rush:Merely Players book

-Jon Collins-Rush:Chemistry book

-Martin Popoff: Contents Under Pressure book

-All of Niel's books

-Both Drum Techniques of Rush books

-Guitar and Bass tab books

-Various magazines with the boys on the cover

-The red limited edition pro-mark stick set (+various Niel sticks that I use everyday when I drum)

-Shirts: Kings(1), Signals(1), VT(2), R30(2), SnA preorder(1), SnA tour(1)

-Vintage Black Kings Hoodie

smile.gif

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy.

Some of you guys are putting me to shame!!!

I have all 18 studio albums

All live albums

DVD's - Rush in Rio, R30 (the big version with the cd in it), Replay X3 (to replace my worn out VHS versions) Rush Chronicles

about 10 t'shirts

Contents under pressure book

2 tour books

next years calendar

I guess I should scour ebay to catch up!!!

Seeing as the measuring tapes are out........

All releases bar Rush Gold on CD

All on vinyl with the exception of T4E(I wish they would release it on vinyl), incl. Chronicles 3lp, Archives, Rush Through Time, Hemispheres picture disc.

About 30 12", 7" and 10" singles, some plain, some coloured.

All DVDs, and ESL and ASOH on VHS.

Surely there should be some kinda Overlord category!!!!!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Nov 14 2007, 05:23 AM)
Seeing as the measuring tapes are out........

All releases bar Rush Gold on CD
All on vinyl with the exception of T4E(I wish they would release it on vinyl), incl. Chronicles 3lp, Archives, Rush Through Time, Hemispheres picture disc.
About 30 12", 7" and 10" singles, some plain, some coloured.
All DVDs, and ESL and ASOH on VHS.

Surely there should be some kinda Overlord category!!!!!! laugh.gif

Concider the last catagory a "and more" catagory

I have all the studio albums including all live recordings, two bootlegs "Free Fall" and "A Walk in the Park"(that one thanks to Rush revisited )

Couple of greatest hits/compilations Chronicles and The Spirit Of Radio Greatest Hits 1974-1987.

And Geddy solo MFH wanted to get Alex "Victor" but after reading the opinions of it on the forum not so sure.

Also some tributes Exit Stage Right new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Working Man confused13.gif

Red Star unsure.gif scared.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Nov 14 2007, 12:26 PM)
wanted to get Alex "Victor" but after reading the opinions of it on the forum not so sure.

Also some tributes Exit Stage Right new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Working Man confused13.gif
Red Star unsure.gif scared.gif

Don't heed the naysayers, get a copy of Victor and decide for ourself. Its worth the price just for Shut Up Shutin Up IMO. Plenty of other good tunes too.

I like Working Man. I have Subdivisions which is mediocre at best. The samples I heard of Red Star were pretty bad and I have passed on it so far.

Ultimate Rush Warrior !! All CD's, all DVD's (including the crappy review one) and both solo albums

I also have all the albums from "Rush" to "A Show of Hands " + Feedback on vinyl.

Is it too... much? unsure.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Nov 14 2007, 11:59 AM)
I would vote, BUT, you haven't filled all categories.

I have 18 studio albums(there's 19, remember) and a Live album, and three dvds.

Feedback I didn't include in the 18 is because an EP, and coversongs. Include Feedback like you would include "My Faviorate Headache", and 'Victor", as an "and More" album

QUOTE (PlanetJeff @ Nov 13 2007, 04:11 PM)
I only own 7 albums.sad.gif

Don't feel bad, Jeff... I've moved so many times that most of my originals are gone. If it wasn't for a Rhapsody subscription, I wouldn't have anything but Chronicles, Moving Pictures, and Snakes & Arrows on CD...

However, that does NOT make me *less* of a fan. Just because life has gotten in the way of my ability to collect *stuff* doesn't mean I'm not shoulder-to-shoulder with the most dedicated, Geddy/Alex/Neil-loving person on earth! Even after all these years (I am, after all, an ORIGINAL FAN ;-) I still stand in awe of the amazing musicianship and professionalism of these guys. They are musicians' musicians; they are poets and troubadours, they sing my song. They make my heart pound and my skin tingle even now, even after nearly thirty years.

'nuff said...

L

I have...

17 Studio Albums

1 EP

6 Live Albums

2 Music Video Compilations

1 Compilation Album

4 Bootlegs

2 Unreleased Songs

Rush In Rio Video

...And waiting for Rush Starman T-Shirt

Dunno where to put myself... Actually I'll vote for The Ultimate Rush Warrior! biggrin.gif

i am one who own's everything by the band plus, audio and vid boot's 2.gif

Not only do I own all of the studio albums, I also own all of their live albums. Every DVD they have released. Geddy's solo album. Hell, I even own Alex's solo album "Victor". . . and I even listen to it. I love the title song and "Shut Up Shuttin Up." Oh, yeah, I also have Neil's "Burning for Buddy." (I do not have any of Neil's books, though. I think he's a pompous ass and would rather spend my time listening to Rush than reading his self-important drivel.)

Archived