Second Leg...

AeroZach2112

How many months they going to take off. November - February. Have a week to get back into touring shape then they are off for late winter early spring.

It be nice if they play a few different songs. Play some Power Windows songs for the love of Pete! They should play Countdown. That song just kills live. Killer bass line. Geddy did pick to many songs this time around that are to challenging because the pain he has in his noisy bastard. Those killer moving lines he played on Power Windows are gone forever.

Can't wait to see them again. It will be nice to hear them in indoor venues. The light show is always better.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't ask me why I think this, but I doubt they're going to head west of the Mississippi River for this leg. This is going to be a tour where they're going to hit cities that they haven't played in a long, long time. I have nothing concrete, but it's a feeling I have. Cities like St. Johns, Newfoundland, New Orleans, Winnipeg, Downtown Buffalo and Rochester, etc.

Gonna try to do all 3 stops in Texas if they grace us with them, again! Probably won't, though...Who knows...I've always wanted to see them at Red Rocks..that would be great! Hope to see an indoor venue this time. Kinda tiring of the ampitheatre thingy. They are just so awesome inside..especially if it's a first time for someone ya bring along..They, of course are awesome anywhere. So, either way, I'll be there.

Kinda thinking this will be the time to splurge for those really great seats....opportunities to see them may be dwindling. What do ya'll think. It would be awesome to make show #20 in the front row....or close..?

1022.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

I understand that they will be playing 45 shows between March and July??

I will try and get to see them in May. I'll be poised to book the flight as soon as the dates are announced.

Hmmmm, I've always wanted to go to Newfoundland! common001.gif

My seats weren't too great for the Chicago show this past go-around. I'm gonna try to make up for that, definitely. Maybe not front row, but definitely will try to get some REAL good seats smile.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Oct 13 2007, 05:12 AM)
I can't really see them at Glastonbury now.

And I'm pretty sure that the organisers wouldn't even consider Rush for the bill.

Still, the thought of Rush and Rolf Harris together is tantilising ohmy.gif

Funny You mentioned Rolf Harris.

Just think, during the Rush Concert in Sydney, after Neil does his drum solo, this should be shown, and then have Geddy and Alex do their own Bruces and play Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport, then Play resist, then do

and then go into 2112!

And when the last goodnights are said, I would not be surprised that everyone in the audience WILL sing this song!

If they do Biloxi, Jackson, New Orleans, or Pensacola - those are all definites for me... 1022.gif

Rush, its been so long - please return to the Gulf Coast once again!

QUOTE (Serviette Onion @ Oct 15 2007, 05:54 AM)

And I'm pretty sure that the organisers wouldn't even consider Rush for the bill.

Just think, during the Rush Concert in Sydney, after Neil does his drum solo, this should be shown, and then have Geddy and Alex do their own Bruces and play Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport, then Play resist, then do

and then go into 2112!

And when the last goodnights are said, I would not be surprised that everyone in the audience WILL sing this song!

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif Funny Stuff Serviette Onion and I love the U tube links, especially the CHANNEL 7 good night song from the late sixties , very cool. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Terry @ Oct 14 2007, 01:59 PM)
I understand that they will be playing 45 shows between March and July??

I will try and get to see them in May. I'll be poised to book the flight as soon as the dates are announced.

Hmmmm, I've always wanted to go to Newfoundland! common001.gif

and where are we hearing this from???

QUOTE (Serviette Onion @ Oct 14 2007, 02:54 PM)

and then go into 2112!

Also, they need to do a cover of "Friday on My Mind"!!!

well obviously going to see another show and attempt to get as close as i can once again BUT i can see them playing Radio City, which would be the one I attend, or they could play this new arena in Jersey called the Prudential Center. I dont know but if this is it, im gonna go all out

I'll hit anywhere within say 150 - 200 miles of Louisville. If the southeast is the area as discussed, that could mean anywhere from 1-4 shows... confused13.gif

I too am going to get super nice up close within stick and pick gettin seats for at least one.

I'm in Dallas, but i'll hit 2 shows anywhere relatively close. New Orleans would b great, for so many reasons. They havn't played Austin, TX. in a while, that would b greatness!!! Or possibly El Paso? OKC? So many decisions, a million revisions, my angels and demons at WAR!!!!

Sit back, take a bong hit for Jesus, or whoever you like, and enjoy RUSH in '08!

Peace!

Well I'd imagine they'd come back to Canada, obviously.. now I don't see why they wouldn't come to Ottawa, but I can see them going out west. Who knows, they come to Ottawa again and I'm there. My seats weren't that great last time, so I'd love to get some better ones and here that damn bass.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Oct 13 2007, 04:27 AM)
QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Oct 10 2007, 08:20 PM)
Probably none as I can't see them coming across the pond again next year.
sad.gif

Same here unless I win the lottery

Don't worry guys - in a heroic acknowledgement to their most loyal fans I hear that the 45 dates will consist of 20 in UK/Ireland, 10 in other parts of Europe, 5 in the Far East, 5 in South America and 5 in Aus/NZ.

On that leg they will be playing vast chunks of 2112, Hemispheres and A Farewell to Kings. Full-length versions of all cuts and amongst other old favourites they are definitely going to play The Camera Eye and the complete Fear suite. Also, some never before heard or recorded covers including tracks by Led Zeppelin, The Who and Jimi Hendrix.

It's going to be called "An Evening without North American fans who have been spoilt over the years" Tour.

Just putting my hard hat on........

QUOTE (wrekinboy @ Nov 5 2007, 09:29 AM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Oct 13 2007, 04:27 AM)
QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Oct 10 2007, 08:20 PM)
Probably none as I can't see them coming across the pond again next year.
sad.gif

Same here unless I win the lottery

Don't worry guys - in a heroic acknowledgement to their most loyal fans I hear that the 45 dates will consist of 20 in UK/Ireland, 10 in other parts of Europe, 5 in the Far East, 5 in South America and 5 in Aus/NZ.

On that leg they will be playing vast chunks of 2112, Hemispheres and A Farewell to Kings. Full-length versions of all cuts and amongst other old favourites they are definitely going to play The Camera Eye and the complete Fear suite. Also, some never before heard or recorded covers including tracks by Led Zeppelin, The Who and Jimi Hendrix.

It's going to be called "An Evening without North American fans who have been spoilt over the years" Tour.

Just putting my hard hat on........

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Oct 10 2007, 03:05 PM)
probably just one, for financial reasons.

you are correct sir. 2.gif

I plan on seeing as many shows as possible. But, even if it's only one show, I'll be happy. I'd love to take a road trip and see them in another city. Somehow I think my wife would not like that idea though angry.gif

Archived