I HATED that movie!

Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Sep 4 2007, 02:04 AM)
QUOTE (alphseeker @ Sep 4 2007, 12:29 AM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Sep 3 2007, 09:44 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 2 2007, 08:29 PM)
C'mon, if its Kevin Costner you want to go after, there's much better fare: Dances With Boredom.. I mean Wolves, and... cmon... WATERWORLD! (I have friends that liked that one actually).

His movie Revenge was the worst one I saw, as I mentioned earlier. I enjoyed both Field of Dreams and Dances With Wolves, by the way. unsure.gif Just me, I guess. Tin Cup was another movie of his that I enjoyed. I never saw Waterworld (as fate would have it, I never ran across it on cable), and I would also say that No Way Out was another lame movie that Costner did.

With Costner there is no middle ground. He is either terribly bad or he comes off very natural -

Robinhood - Horrible / couldn't even pretend to use an english accent -

American Flyers - one of his first movies, should have ended his career but somehow he snuck that one by -

Waterworld - Just plain bad

Very Good:

13 days - Very Believable

Untouchables -

Dances with wolves - Forget it's kevin Costner

Tin Cup -

Wyatt Earp wasn't bad either.

If you want to see a good Costner film, then watch 'Open Range'. I was really impressed with Costner's acting in that movie as well as the fact that he directed it. That being said, the real star of that movie is Robert Duvall. Of course, I'm biased since Duvall is one of my favorite actors.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 6 2007, 05:24 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Sep 4 2007, 02:04 AM)
QUOTE (alphseeker @ Sep 4 2007, 12:29 AM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Sep 3 2007, 09:44 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 2 2007, 08:29 PM)
C'mon, if its Kevin Costner you want to go after, there's much better fare: Dances With Boredom.. I mean Wolves, and... cmon... WATERWORLD! (I have friends that liked that one actually).

His movie Revenge was the worst one I saw, as I mentioned earlier. I enjoyed both Field of Dreams and Dances With Wolves, by the way. unsure.gif Just me, I guess. Tin Cup was another movie of his that I enjoyed. I never saw Waterworld (as fate would have it, I never ran across it on cable), and I would also say that No Way Out was another lame movie that Costner did.

With Costner there is no middle ground. He is either terribly bad or he comes off very natural -

Robinhood - Horrible / couldn't even pretend to use an english accent -

American Flyers - one of his first movies, should have ended his career but somehow he snuck that one by -

Waterworld - Just plain bad

Very Good:

13 days - Very Believable

Untouchables -

Dances with wolves - Forget it's kevin Costner

Tin Cup -

Wyatt Earp wasn't bad either.

If you want to see a good Costner film, then watch 'Open Range'. I was really impressed with Costner's acting in that movie as well as the fact that he directed it. That being said, the real star of that movie is Robert Duvall. Of course, I'm biased since Duvall is one of my favorite actors.

Duvall is one of the all time greats.

Duvall's imdb profile:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000380/

Open Range is perhaps my all time favorite western movie.

But don't think it's "just another western", it's an A-list movie that surpasses it's western setting.

Kostner and Duvall are brilliant. The supporting cast is equally so.

Did I mentiion that I liked this movie?

Moulin Rouge - hated it. Fell asleep while watching it and when I woke up, it was still playing. How long is that freaking movie anyway!? wacko.gif

The Road to Perdition - can you say boring? I usually like Tom Hanks, but that one sucked big time. 062802puke_prv.gif

Epic Movie

While I really enjoyed the other stoner parody movies like Scary Movie this movie well... wow did it EVER suck.

For some reason I watched through to the end but I sure don't recall the thought of laughing ever having crossed my mind.

Avoid at all costs.

:c]

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 12 2007, 12:01 PM)
Epic Movie

While I really enjoyed the other stoner parody movies like Scary Movie this movie well... wow did it EVER suck.

For some reason I watched through to the end but I sure don't recall the thought of laughing ever having crossed my mind.

Avoid at all costs.

:c]

Watching a bad movie till the end. Don't ya hate that? I do it all the time.

I agree! Didn't like epic movie. (I don't think I made it to the end though, maybe it got better toward the end. laugh.gif )

My vote would be any horror movies that I have seen in the last year. The Grudge was the worst. By the end of the movie, people in the audience were making that squeaky breathing sound the Japanese ghost girl made, as a joke. People were laughing. Not a good sign for a horror movie. And worst of all, THEY MADE A SEQUEL!

I really can't remember the last time I was scared at a movie.

Another real stinker I saw lately was NEXT with Nicky Cage there. The ending was so stupid - I saw it coming about 10 minutes into the movie but never thought they'd end it so poorly.

HEAT with Pacino, Kilmer, DeNiro et al was also a REAL stinker. How can you botch things so bad with a stacked cast like that? I was screaming to ahve that 3 hours of my life back when it ended. I am also horrified - IMBD just told me they are in negotiations for a sequel or remake or something at this point. No thanks! I'll pass!

Edited by Godeater2112

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 12 2007, 02:39 PM)

HEAT with Pacino, Kilmer, DeNiro et al was also a REAL stinker. How can you botch things so bad with a stacked cast like that? I was screaming to ahve that 3 hours of my life back when it ended. I am also horrified - IMBD just told me they are in negotiations for a sequel or remake or something at this point. No thanks! I'll pass!

Wow, I thought Heat was fantastic. One of the few movies I actually own that isn't a cartoon.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 31 2007, 06:04 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 31 2007, 06:50 PM)
Napoleon Dynamite is highly overrated.

I completely agree!

Oh my god when It first came out there were all of these people at school always quoting it and saying how funny it is.....From time to time the movie is very very funny....but nothing special as opposed to other movies.....and definitely overrated

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 1 2007, 08:13 AM)
QUOTE (neil#2 @ Aug 31 2007, 07:36 PM)
That high school musical crap.  Music is TERRIBLE...I don't understand how so much people in my generaion can get into this!  Disney Channel is shoving all junk down people's throats. angry.gif

I would assume your not a 7 year old girl. I think my daughter has a much different view of it. atickhum.gif

I dont get it either...................................I saw it while babysitting some small children once and figured, yeah its good for them, but when the drama nerds start up in HS Musical songs at my school It just seems dumb.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 13 2007, 08:07 PM)
Idiocracy

Agreed. I was so let down by that movie. I've heard that Judge's director's cut is a lot funnier, but Fox won't let him release it. They did the same thing to him with 'Office Space', but at least that one holds up even after the cuts that Fox made. He even recorded a commentary for 'Space' but it will probably never see the light of day.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 14 2007, 07:43 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 13 2007, 08:07 PM)
Idiocracy

Agreed. I was so let down by that movie. I've heard that Judge's director's cut is a lot funnier, but Fox won't let him release it. They did the same thing to him with 'Office Space', but at least that one holds up even after the cuts that Fox made. He even recorded a commentary for 'Space' but it will probably never see the light of day.

I never heard that about OS!!!!!! That annoys me... sad.gif

I've said this on here before and no one agreed with me, but I stand by my opinion that Contact is one of the worst movies ever, solely for the ending.

Rest in Pieces....ugh, it has an awesome 80s cheesy horror cover, but what you get is a bad foreign soap opera where like one person gets stabbed off camera.

House of the Dead - Uwe Boll really outdid himself with this shittastic piece of shit. Hey guys, I loved the f***ing bullet time effects every two seconds, that wasn't annoying at all.

The Grudge - The most boring movie I've ever tried to watch. I just turned it off.

QUOTE (daveyt @ Sep 15 2007, 03:34 PM)
the new OMEN film.

WORST MOVIE EVER!

they tried to cash in by using Mia Farrow as the nanny. She played the Anti-Christ's mother on Rosemary's Baby

QUOTE (nebbish @ Sep 14 2007, 08:19 AM)
wild hogs....with tim allen john travolta etc......what a pile of dung!

I really wasted 2 hours of my life on this movie...I agree with you!

QUOTE (JDL2112 @ Sep 15 2007, 09:49 PM)

I'm going to take some heat on this one maybe but.....I rented wild hogs and ghost rider last weekend and wild hog was "ok" but I couldn't sit through ghost rider. I thought it was awful and pointless.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Sep 16 2007, 11:05 AM)
QUOTE (JDL2112 @ Sep 15 2007, 09:49 PM)

I'm going to take some heat on this one maybe but.....I rented wild hogs and ghost rider last weekend and wild hog was "ok" but I couldn't sit through ghost rider. I thought it was awful and pointless.

Even a fanboy like myself can admit that Ghost Rider wasn't good.

QUOTE (JDL2112 @ Sep 15 2007, 06:49 PM)

funny how i just saw this. this movie could have been saved had the ending had something to do with the chili festival that was going on in town.