The Van Halen Thread

MakeHaste

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 23 2012, 03:21 AM)
I can't stand this guy...Hipster prick
Even though I agree with his sentiments, he's a f*ckin hack who shouldn't be commenting on legends like sabbath and V.H

Black Keys Drummer: Van Halen's 'F---ing Retarded'
The Huffington Post, June 22, 2012 | 6:05:27 PM (EST)

Today in rough quotes: The Black Key's Patrick Carney told Rolling Stone that it was "f---ing retarded" of Van Halen to replace Michael Anthony with Eddie Van Halen's son.

Here's the full quote:

What bands will you be checking out at Lollapalooza? I love Black Sabbath, but I don't know if I'd want to watch Black Sabbath without Bill Ward. The band is Geezer Butler, Tony Iommi, Bill Ward and Ozzy. I have no interest in seeing bands with partial lineups. I just saw Van Halen without Michael Anthony. I'm not a very big Van Halen fan but it was such a f---ing bummer. Like what the f--k is the point?
Yeah, definitely.
I mean, sure, Eddie Van Halen's son is a pretty good bass player and he's a 20-year-old kid and that's cool, but like, what the f--k is that? That's f---ing retarded. If someone is able to be in a band for 30 years and then people are okay with replacing him with a 17-year-old, they're obviously motherf---ing assholes, right?

It's typical stuff for Carney, who goes out of his way to bash Nickelback in a number of interviews. It's always refreshing to see a rocker who's outspoken, but one has to wonder if Carney's perpetually frowny disposition is starting feel like authentic and more like a meme.

I read this yesterday! He seems to be spouting his mouth off a lot and he should take a look at his own band, because it sucks!

Getting ready to see Rush, I have been listening to more Rush music lately. Popped in the latest VH album for a little change of pace, and I think I like it more than I did before after the little break. Hope EVH gets better and they can put out another like this.

Hey all you Van Halen fans!

I see alot of you guys on this forum, and I thought it would be cool just to discuss them.

The only rule is: We don't talk about their current state. no.gif

So, with that said, what's your favorite album by them?

Mine is probably Fair Warning. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I had to bring this one back from the dead!! Incredible Thread!! The Original! 2007!!!!!

A version of the Simmons tapes, I think. But still a fun listen:

TRACK LISTING: 01. Runnin' with the Devil [version 1] -

02. Let's Get Rockin' -
03. Eyes of the Night -
04. Big Trouble -
05. House of Pain -
06. Show Your Love [live] -
07. Somebody Get Me a Doctor [version 1] -
08. On Fire [version 1] -
09. Last Night -
10. We Die Bold -
11. Put Out the Lights -
  • Like 1

I found out the other day that the rhythm part in "...And The Cradle Will Rock" is actually an amplified electric piano...

My mind melted then and there.

• Like 3

I found out the other day that the rhythm part in "...And The Cradle Will Rock" is actually an amplified electric piano...

My mind melted then and there.

:LOL:

Once I knew and listened carefully, it really stood out that Ed was playing keyboards.

• Like 2

Is there any recording of superior vocalist Sammy Hagar singing Jump? I know Sammy wasn't really into covering the inferior Van Roth material but maybe he sang Jump during some concert tour. No?

I can't stand this guy...Hipster prick

Even though I agree with his sentiments, he's a f*ckin hack who shouldn't be commenting on legends like sabbath and V.H

Black Keys Drummer: Van Halen's 'F---ing Retarded'

The Huffington Post, June 22, 2012 | 6:05:27 PM (EST)

Today in rough quotes: The Black Key's Patrick Carney told Rolling Stone that it was "f---ing retarded" of Van Halen to replace Michael Anthony with Eddie Van Halen's son.

Here's the full quote:

What bands will you be checking out at Lollapalooza? I love Black Sabbath, but I don't know if I'd want to watch Black Sabbath without Bill Ward. The band is Geezer Butler, Tony Iommi, Bill Ward and Ozzy. I have no interest in seeing bands with partial lineups. I just saw Van Halen without Michael Anthony. I'm not a very big Van Halen fan but it was such a f---ing bummer. Like what the f--k is the point?

Yeah, definitely.

I mean, sure, Eddie Van Halen's son is a pretty good bass player and he's a 20-year-old kid and that's cool, but like, what the f--k is that? That's f---ing retarded. If someone is able to be in a band for 30 years and then people are okay with replacing him with a 17-year-old, they're obviously motherf---ing assholes, right?

It's typical stuff for Carney, who goes out of his way to bash Nickelback in a number of interviews. It's always refreshing to see a rocker who's outspoken, but one has to wonder if Carney's perpetually frowny disposition is starting feel like authentic and more like a meme.

I don't mind BKs but they come off as hipster twats in interviews, I do agree. I'm not exactly a neanderthal philistine but I'd rather listen to Van Halen than boring hipster crap like Bon Iver and National. Nothing wrong with dumb fun music as long as it's done right. Some have Kiss as their dumb "guilty pleasure", for example. I have the pride of San Gabriel Valley, Van Halen. :haz:

And especially after his dad's death, these trolls on social media need to leave him alone and let Wolf carve out his own destiny. Him and Robin Williams' daughter, Zelda, have suffered through this crap. Let them be themselves ffs.

Edited by invisible airwave

Sammy said.

He expressed a hope that the band could reunite with himself and Anthony saying "My dream tour is the Sam and Dave tour with Ed, Al and Mike."

That would have been amazballs.