The Van Halen Thread

MakeHaste

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Apr 23 2012, 01:01 PM)
It's good to hear that you made it out alright & those drunken assholes got what they deserved. How'd your wife manage with the vomit. She can't exactly change clothes there. I'd never have been able to defend myself due to my heart condition. Thankfully I'll be concertgoing with a friend that teaches martial arts.

She went to the bathroom and cleaned up as much as she could. Mostly it was beer and not too much "chunk". Brand new shirt too.

PD and Mrs. PD in the motherfuckinhouse ! 1287.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 23 2012, 03:36 PM)
Man we had some GREAT sex after that, too. Not to get too personal, but guys, if you want to impress your lady, beat the bloody hell out of some a-hole. Worked for me. wink.gif

trink39.gif

WOW.

What a f-cking conquest.

You are the man.

And so funny you mention Women In Love... I dont know how to put it, but its like that and a coupe other songs were total treats for the old die hard fans. And yes, great harmonies etc.

F-cking rediculous you had to put up with that crap, but glad it had a happy ending.

Cmon.. you knew that was coming.

Oh geez, I did it again.. laugh.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 23 2012, 09:47 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 23 2012, 03:36 PM)
Man we had some GREAT sex after that, too.  Not to get too personal, but guys, if you want to impress your lady, beat the bloody hell out of some a-hole.  Worked for me.  wink.gif

trink39.gif

WOW.

What a f-cking conquest.

You are the man.

And so funny you mention Women In Love... I dont know how to put it, but its like that and a coupe other songs were total treats for the old die hard fans. And yes, great harmonies etc.

F-cking rediculous you had to put up with that crap, but glad it had a happy ending.

Cmon.. you knew that was coming.

Oh geez, I did it again.. laugh.gif

Was GLAD to finally get focused back on the show. My wife's head never got fully back into the gig (nor mine, entirely), but we still had a good time despite things. Women In Love was a treat...a real pleasure. I can't believe how good it sounded.

Hey P-d... you never answered my question.... Is Dave still doing the "yelling at stagehands" act?

Sounded like he was, then stopped, and according to greg... he was doing in his show.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 25 2012, 12:53 PM)
Hey P-d... you never answered my question.... Is Dave still doing the "yelling at stagehands" act?

Sounded like he was, then stopped, and according to greg... he was doing in his show.

No, I didn't hear him rant that night. He did do his "I forgot the words" bit at one point, but I forget the song.

It was a solid 100 degrees in that arena though. Hotter than balls.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 25 2012, 02:40 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 25 2012, 12:53 PM)

No, I didn't hear him rant that night. He did do his "I forgot the words" bit at one point, but I forget the song.

It was a solid 100 degrees in that arena though. Hotter than balls.

Maybe that's why he wasn't bitching about the air conditioning being too high laugh.gif

Listening to my iPod yesterday and "Crossing Over" came on. I totally forgot about that song. Not that forgetting about it was a bad thing....

Anyone else have that one? Came with the Can't Stop Loving you single.

Anyone have the segment "Off The Record" (9pm Central) on a local radio station? It's a national program and is picked up locally by classic rock stations. Last night I heard a few minutes driving home and was going to listen to the rest when I got home, but was unable to.

It was Sammy Hagar thru his career. Montrose and early Solo work was the bit I heard... Sammy is not shy about talking himself up smile.gif He was talking about opening for Boston and how Boston refused to go out because he absolutely was killing the crowd, and would go out for 3 or 4 encores. I wish I wouldn't have gotten wrapped up in stuff around the house when I got home... would have liked to hear the comments for his VH years.

Anyone happen to catch it?

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

It is absolutely amazing that Sammy has not learned by now to keep his mouth shut. I just read that he is not shocked that shows were "Cancelled" [where did he read that ?] The Brothers are very hard to get along with or he would Still be in the band laugh.gif I think Sammy should have waited another day for his comment , now he looks like an even bigger ass . Enjoy your club tour Sam

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 19 2012, 03:41 PM)
Have fun in the clubs, Sam. biggrin.gif

You can be sure he is. yes.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ May 20 2012, 07:19 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 19 2012, 03:41 PM)
Have fun in the clubs, Sam.  biggrin.gif

You can be sure he is. yes.gif

If you think for one minute Sam would rather be playing in a Club and not in an Arena you are as fing.gif as he is laugh.gif

Edited by Gompers