Steelers fan thread.

kazzman

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Sep 15 2008, 10:35 AM)
Fugly win against a "scrappy" Browns team. But a W is a W.

MVP of the game should have gone to Browns coach Romeo Crennel his expertise and genius shines through again.

3:21 left in game Browns down 10-3 4th and 7 from Pittsburgh twenty yard line, Romeo sends Dawson in to kick worthless field goal... fing.gif

He did the same thing last week against Dallas late in the game.

Edited by softfilter

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (softfilter @ Sep 15 2008, 11:19 AM)

MVP of the game should have gone to Browns coach Romeo Crennel his expertise and genius shines through again.

3:21 left in game Browns down 10-3 4th and 7 from Pittsburgh twenty yard line, Romeo sends Dawson in to kick worthless field goal... fing.gif

i really don't know why he get's so much credit for being so great. because they won 10 games last year? i am so sick of hearing about R.C. and how great he is. he's not. let it go E.S.P.N

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 15 2008, 12:25 PM)

i really don't know why he get's so much credit for being so great. because they won 10 games last year? i am so sick of hearing about R.C. and how great he is. he's not. let it go E.S.P.N

Success hangover from being with the Patriots. But yes the shine is off the silver with Romeo.

BTW who the f$ck names their kid Romeo?

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Sep 15 2008, 12:54 PM)

Success hangover from being with the Patriots. But yes the shine is off the silver with Romeo.

jon bon jovi............really

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 15 2008, 12:55 PM)

Romeo Bon Jovi?

unsure.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Sep 15 2008, 01:16 PM)

Romeo Bon Jovi?

unsure.gif

yes.gif . what is even more sad is that i know this biggrin.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 15 2008, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Sep 15 2008, 01:16 PM)

Romeo Bon Jovi?

unsure.gif

yes.gif . what is even more sad is that i know this biggrin.gif

True!

Anyway, go Steelers. Next week they get Philly coming off a short week and an always emotional game against Dallas and T.O.

I hope you know I was being sarcastic...

Trust me no Browns fans in NE Ohio feel he's worthy of being called great.

Kick a field goal were still down by four OR go for it and try to get a first down take some time off the clock, and GET THE BALL INTO THE END ZONE! point after tie the game. But noooooo what ever his bonehead logic was he goes for three and let's your Steelers work the clock down

0-10 and counting.

QUOTE (softfilter @ Sep 15 2008, 11:13 PM)

I hope you know I was being sarcastic...

Trust me no Browns fans in NE Ohio feel he's worthy of being called great.

Kick a field goal were still down by four OR go for it and try to get a first down take some time off the clock, and GET THE BALL INTO THE END ZONE! point after tie the game. But noooooo what ever his bonehead logic was he goes for three and let's your Steelers work the clock down

0-10 and counting.

The worst part about that is the Brown's field goal meant that the Steelers didn't cover.

(Shakes head, walks away muttering, "Quit betting on the Steelers")

Giants at Steelers this week, going to be a great game. The best part is I finally get to see a Steelers game in glorious HD since they will be covered locally.

For what its worth - I like our chances this week against Big Blue.

Should be the best matchup of the weekend

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Oct 26 2008, 07:52 PM)
Good grief Pitt! That game was there for the taking and you threw up your dress in the 4th.

But, that Giants D line looked like the world champs in the 4th. Me no likey. angry.gif

I have to say Steelers fans, that was a nail biter. ohmy.gif I wasnt so sure Big Blue would hang on. Hard fought game for both sides.

But, with all due respect, the end result? Me likey. smile.gif

Congrats Steelers. You're the first contestant in the "Oh no. We suck again!" thread

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=44082

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Oct 28 2008, 12:46 PM)
The Giants laid the wood on your boys.

Yep, wore them out by the 4th quarter. Also, Ben needs to control the game a little more rather than trying to be a gunslinger like Brett Fav-re.

Steeler's should be fine, the schedule looks decent (New England, Dallas, Titans & maybe Indianapolis will be tough) and I see them running the AFC North.

Need to stay healthy...duh.

Maybe the idiot is the quarterback coach that won't, you know, f***ing coach the quarterback!

Big Ben is becoming a monkey on this team's back. 3 INT's and that one at the end of the 1st half was a joke. I think someone needs to take Ben to the woodshed and straighten his ass out.

But they won't because he makes too much money. Anyway, the Steelers should be fine but their ability to compete with the best teams in the league are becoming a question mark as long as Rothlesberger doesn't take care of the ball.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Nov 10 2008, 06:01 PM)
Maybe the idiot is the quarterback coach that won't, you know, f***ing coach the quarterback!

Big Ben is becoming a monkey on this team's back. 3 INT's and that one at the end of the 1st half was a joke. I think someone needs to take Ben to the woodshed and straighten his ass out.

But they won't because he makes too much money. Anyway, the Steelers should be fine but their ability to compete with the best teams in the league are becoming a question mark as long as Rothlesberger doesn't take care of the ball.

That's a decent summary. This has been driving me crazy this season. Its as if he just assumes he will be able to escape the rush on any passing play. His impromptu scrambles are now becoming his game style. Unfortunately, someone needs to sit Ben down and tell him that he doesn't have the speed or durability to do this all season long. Holds the ball way too long and throws on the run WAY too much, causing bad passes and untimely interceptions.

Last night's INT late in the game was pathetic

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Nov 10 2008, 06:18 PM)

That's a decent summary. This has been driving me crazy this season. Its as if he just assumes he will be able to escape the rush on any passing play. His impromptu scrambles are now becoming his game style. Unfortunately, someone needs to sit Ben down and tell him that he doesn't have the speed or durability to do this all season long. Holds the ball way too long and throws on the run WAY too much, causing bad passes and untimely interceptions.

Word.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Nov 10 2008, 04:29 PM)

Word.

word x2...

QUOTE (jkt2112 @ Nov 11 2008, 01:03 AM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Nov 10 2008, 04:29 PM)

Word.

word x2...

He SUK'T!!!

Bring on Byron 1022.gif

The voices are getting louder in these parts for the Clowns(Browns)

To get your former coach Cowher. Romeo is beyond finished, for that matter throw out owner Randy Lerner and GM Phil Savage they have done nothing.. bolt.gif

I wasnt able to watch this game as it wasnt carried in my area and I couldnt make it to the local bar to watch it. I was watching the scores and then was watching the ESPN gamecast of it. At 10-10 late in the second quarter, I actually left the house right before it seemed NE would score (1st and goal at the 9, I think) but then came back later and it was still 10-10? I read it was a shanked field goal but that surprised me a bit considering its NE at home and the Steelers just seem to have a knack for collapsing late, especially after grabbing some momentum.

And then 23 more unanswered points - I was in some disbelief. ESPN didnt show too much of the highlights but from what I did catch there were some decent throws by Ben and the defense came up big, forcing more turnovers and capitalizing on them.

Did anyone see the absolute crusher on Wes Welker? That was some hit boy.