Steelers fan thread.

kazzman

Well, the first week is in the books for the Steelers.

Too funny that they were a home dog on opening day...

I thought the Falcons moved the ball well against the Steelers secondary. That may make it a very long season...

Reed missing a couple of field goals - not good.

Some of Dixon's decisions were poor. I think it is going to be a very long 4 weeks - well, now 3 weeks.

Troy seemed to be a non-factor until the interception late in the game. Great play. The cover scheme on that play was perfect. QB read that Troy was covering deep and threw it a little short to what he thought would be a for sure open receiver.

Great to see Mendenhall get that run to win the game. He was a workhorse. It was clear early on that the Falcons were going to play the run and make Dixon beat them. Lots of runs for little or no gain. I was surprised that he finished with 120 yards...

I hope Big Ben is working out hard.

Go Steelers!!!

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flacco exposed the weakness of the Steelers...

The whole "bend but don't break" defense makes me uneasy.

Although, if Big Ben was the QB, the Ravens would have stood no chance.

Batch had a good game. That last minute pick really hurt his rating. A good fill in; however, I can't help but think the Ravens would have been toast if Big Ben was playing.

I guess we'll see in 2 weeks...

Great game with the Ravens coming out on top. If Roth was there the outcome of the game might different. Go Ravens

Thought McCoy held his own in NFL debut (at least he survived! laugh.gif )

Same story Browns keep it close until late in the game and then fall apart..

Lack of talent i suspect is the major cause of that... tongue.gif bolt.gif

More than 18 months without a post in the Steelers thread!!! What gives?

Any thoughts on what will happen to Wallace?

My money is that he retires and re-joins the cast of 60 Minutes...

Go Steele-Curtain !!! ((Season's almost here!)

Pittsburgh always KICKS SERIOUS ASS!!!!!!

.....And takes names later!! 1287.gif yes.gif 1287.gif

DeCastro out indefinitely, could be for year.

Pittsburgh Steelers rookie guard David DeCastro suffered injuries to his anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in Saturday night's preseason game and will be out awhile, a source with knowledge of the situation told NFL.com and NFL Network.

DeCastro was carted off the field with what Steelers coach Mike Tomlin later called a "potentially severe" right knee injury during the first quarter of a 38-7 victory over the Buffalo Bills.

DeCastro, the Steelers' first-round draft pick, didn't return to the game, and Tomlin said afterward that the rookie would undergo an MRI to determine the severity of the injury.

On the Steelers' second drive of the game, DeCastro was tangled up with Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus on a pass play when Pittsburgh tackle Marcus Gilbert landed on the back of DeCastro's right leg.

Trainers helped DeCastro to one foot before he was carted off the Ralph Wilson Stadium FieldTurf, which quarterback Ben Roethlisberger blamed for the rookie's injury.

"Well, I just saw him, (and his) spirits are high," Roethlisberger told NFL.com and NFL Network's Kimberly Jones at halftime. "We don't obviously know -- well, I don't know what the official word is. This is a great field, but it's FieldTurf, and it's just killing guys because they can't get their feet out of the ground, and it's just another reason we should get rid of FieldTurf."

Tomlin and the Steelers used April's draft to rebuild an offensive line that caused problems for Roethlisberger last season. After selecting DeCastro out of Stanford with the No. 24 overall draft pick, the team used its second-round choice on offensive tackle Mike Adams from Ohio State. Both have gotten off to a slow start this preseason.

Sunday's game against the Chargers is critical!!!

I wouldn't worry too much.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gDgdutjALd4/R4qMw6Czu7I/AAAAAAAAAJE/PJL9avk3ig0/s400/060103norv_turner.jpg