Steelers fan thread.

kazzman

QUOTE (softfilter @ Nov 12 2007, 08:28 AM)
Browns didn't make it easy for Steelers,
Looks like Cleveland is finally improving. bolt.gif

Totally agree...they have to be the most improved team of the year so far.

The Browns are a far cry from what they were in week one.

Beating them twice cements Pittsburgh as the going away team in North.

Now with Indy losing twice, a first round bye is not out of the question.

I just hope they don't take the next games, before New England, lightly and drop one that they shouldn't...

Go Steelers!!!

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree...

This team seems to always play to their opponents level.

With good team, they play well. When playing against bad team, they play bad...

Sunday's game will be a good test for the Steelers. Now is the time for a big statement running up to the big clash against the Patriots!!!

Go Steelers!!!

Okay, so they played a good first half...

As for Q3 amd Q4, what the f__ck???

As I said to my friends, I would much rather them lose in Week 14 and then win in the playoffs!!! How often do you beat a really good team twice in the same season???

Wow, Willie Parker is done for the year. Thanks to NFL Network, I didnt get to see the game but was checking it out online. Davenport fills the gap with 126 yards though....but still, no Parker from here through the playoffs.

Ben is banged up now too. They need these 10 days rest....

I was born and raised in good old Pittsburgh and I am still here! Of course I am a Stillers fan! laugh.gif

Going to the game tomorrow night! Will anybody be there as well?! smile.gif

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! w00t w00t! 1022.gif

Watched the game with about 100 Steeler fans at the Hooters in Hollywood.

Could not believe the comeback. When the Steelers took the lead, the place exploded. I thought there was too much time left on the clock, as was the case.

Overall, this was a positive year. All the so-called experts had them 8-8 at best and most picked them to come in 3rd in the North.

Already looking forward to August!!!

I'm a Browns fan, yet i own a Myron Cope terrible towel. confused13.gif

They moved, i moved, mellowed and became an Eagles fan. I even root for the Steelers these days, unless of course they're playing the Brownies or Birds.

QUOTE (jkt2112 @ Jan 16 2008, 09:14 PM)
Watched the game with about 100 Steeler fans at the Hooters in Hollywood.

Could not believe the comeback. When the Steelers took the lead, the place exploded. I thought there was too much time left on the clock, as was the case.

Overall, this was a positive year. All the so-called experts had them 8-8 at best and most picked them to come in 3rd in the North.

Already looking forward to August!!!

There are Steelers fans in practically every city across the USA! laugh.gif

Oh man, that almost comeback was amazing... I have never screamed so hard in my life. I couldn't breathe! rofl3.gif And then I came down with a wicked cold after running around in the cold and rain... 062802puke_prv.gif Oh well... only for the Steelers! I'd do it again. yes.gif

Not too shabby for Coach Mike in his first year! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (BestIKenster @ Jan 19 2008, 06:21 PM)
Willie Parker will be back next year ,right? ohmy.gif

KEN! How could you ever doubt it! ohmy.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Jen Sawyer @ Jan 23 2008, 09:35 PM)
QUOTE (BestIKenster @ Jan 19 2008, 06:21 PM)
Willie Parker will be back next year ,right? ohmy.gif

KEN! How could you ever doubt it! ohmy.gif

tongue.gif

Jen, gotta get some of these in there http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg173/timintey/stillers.gifhttp://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg173/timintey/stillers.gifhttp://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg173/timintey/stillers.gifhttp://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg173/timintey/stillers.gifhttp://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg173/timintey/stillers.gifhttp://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg173/timintey/stillers.gifhttp://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg173/timintey/stillers.gif

Especially if Fast Willie's on my fantasy team again...

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii119/surfergirl1963/stillers.gif

I did it! Hooray! http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii119/surfergirl1963/stillers.gif

The Steelers have decided to keep natural grass in Heinz Field.

I think that is a mistake. With the advances in turf these days, they should have made the change. The field conditions at the end of the season were horrendous.

STEELERS RULE!!!

Edited by jkt2112

QUOTE (jkt2112 @ Feb 12 2008, 03:22 PM)

I think that is a mistake. With the advances in turf these days, they should have made the change. The field conditions at the end of the season were horrendous.

STEELERS RULE!!!

Keep in mind, the torrential rain they had for those two games was compounded by field tarps that leaked at the seams, and it was an anomaly more than the norm for Pittsburgh. The field gets too much play during the season from teams other than the Steelers and thats where they really need to look at the maintenance and upkeep costs and make a decision based on where the priority should be. I say that the Steelers should own that space from Sept - Jan every season and the other games should really be a secondary consideration.

I'm glad they are sticking with grass. Turf is for pansies.

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Feb 12 2008, 01:26 PM)

I think that is a mistake.  With the advances in turf these days, they should have made the change.  The field conditions at the end of the season were horrendous.

STEELERS RULE!!!

Keep in mind, the torrential rain they had for those two games was compounded by field tarps that leaked at the seams, and it was an anomaly more than the norm for Pittsburgh. The field gets too much play during the season from teams other than the Steelers and thats where they really need to look at the maintenance and upkeep costs and make a decision based on where the priority should be. I say that the Steelers should own that space from Sept - Jan every season and the other games should really be a secondary consideration.

Turf ruined Rod Woodson and Greg Lloyds knees. If they didn't

have to share it , it might remain intact.

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Feb 12 2008, 04:26 PM)

I think that is a mistake.  With the advances in turf these days, they should have made the change.  The field conditions at the end of the season were horrendous.

STEELERS RULE!!!

goodpost.gif yes.gif

They shouldn't have to share it with Pitt. Pitt needs to get their own freaking field.

Definitely keep the real thing. Real men play on grass... and in the elements, not under a dome! yes.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jen Sawyer @ Feb 12 2008, 07:37 PM)
QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Feb 12 2008, 04:26 PM)

STEELERS RULE!!!

goodpost.gif yes.gif

They shouldn't have to share it with Pitt. Pitt needs to get their own freaking field.

Definitely keep the real thing. Real men play on grass... and in the elements, not under a dome! yes.gif laugh.gif

didn't they have like 4 HS championship games on that field right before that Miami game? That's ridiculous.

Here the HS championship games rotate from the different Div 1 school stadiums.