Steelers fan thread.

kazzman

QUOTE (kazzman @ Feb 5 2006, 11:49 PM)
kinda...

it's just like... wow... we WON the f***ing Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy for ya, Kazz!!

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Feb 5 2006, 11:29 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 5 2006, 09:20 PM)
Go Steelers! Congratulations on a great win, no matter what anyone says!  trink39.gif

yes.gif The Steelers are very mis-underestimated Champions!!! tongue.gif

Above all, kudos to Bill Cowher! And to the Steelers organization for sticking with him. In these days of dispensable players and coaches, the Steelers could have done away with Cowher a long time ago. Faith in your coach goes a long, long way. Today's outcome is testament to that.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 6 2006, 12:53 AM)
Above all, kudos to Bill Cowher! And to the Steelers organization for sticking with him. In these days of dispensable players and coaches, the Steelers could have done away with Cowher a long time ago. Faith in your coach goes a long, long way. Today's outcome is testament to that.

Rooney will not be saying that 500 other coaches could have gotten the job done, hopefully. tongue.gif (I did grow up a Dallas fan, but still had to say that.)

QUOTE (anagramking @ Feb 6 2006, 12:00 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 6 2006, 12:53 AM)

Rooney will not be saying that 500 other coaches could have gotten the job done, hopefully. tongue.gif (I did grow up a Dallas fan, but still had to say that.)

Yeah, yeah. You know what I'm saying. I have a great deal of respect for Cowher. He's taken a lot of slack and has stood his ground. He's an admirable coach and person, as is Holmgren. But, as in every championship, the better team in THIS game won.

QUOTE (daveyt @ Feb 6 2006, 10:05 AM)
you think Indica is wearing his steelers jersey today?

yeah im sure he his and im happy for him but i believe the reffs tried there damdest to be the stars of this years playoffs. am i wrong on this point ?

Ya`ll have the refs to thank for that Vince Lombardi Trophy!!!

And the 2 missed field goals by the Seahawks.

Talk about corrupt/cheating refs!!!

QUOTE (Dbl-Strk @ Feb 6 2006, 04:02 PM)

schla03.gif

Seattle failed to capitalize on mistakes and it cost them the game. What people are over looking is that there were bad/missed calls against both teams, not just Seattle. Even if some of the refs calls were reversed, the outcome of the game wouldn't have changed and Pittsburgh would have won 21-17.

This is all I've been hearing all day. Yes I agree that the refs made some bad calls in this years playoffs, but what else is new. I have people come up to me today & say "It's all bought & payed for". But yet they have their favorite teams & watch all kinds of sports. So my question to them is, Why do you even watch sports if you feel that way? I'm so tired of it.

Edited by By-Tor & the Jazz Bass

QUOTE (By-Tor & the Jazz Bass @ Feb 6 2006, 07:37 PM)

This all I've been hearing all day. Yes I agree that the refs made some bad calls in this years playoffs, but what else is new. I have people come up to me today & say "It's all bought & payed for". But yet they have their favorite teams & watch all kinds of sports. So my question to them is, Why do you even watch sports if you feel that way? I'm so tired of it.

thats a good question why do i , the current state of sports is starting to suck in every way.

QUOTE (tick @ Feb 6 2006, 04:43 PM)

This all I've been hearing all day. Yes I agree that the refs made some bad calls in this years playoffs, but what else is new. I have people come up to me today & say "It's all bought & payed for". But yet they have their favorite teams & watch all kinds of sports. So my question to them is, Why do you even watch sports if you feel that way? I'm so tired of it.

thats a good question why do i , the current state of sports is starting to suck in every way.

If your team was winning, would your opinion still be the same? confused13.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Feb 6 2006, 07:43 PM)

If you feel that way, why do you watch? confused13.gif

QUOTE (By-Tor & the Jazz Bass @ Feb 6 2006, 08:12 PM)

quite honestly bytor i dont watch nearly as much as i used to. why do i watch, because i love sports, i just think the state of sports is deteriorating. from basketball which has lost alot because the players dont know the fundementals to baseball which is my favorite and thats constantly under a black cloud, to football, which is being ruined by the officiating.hockey is still pretty true to what its always been and i love it. i dont like the fact sports is not what it used to be ,but its not.

LOL Interesting link I just found. They are calling it Super Fix XL.

http://www.petitiononline.com/nfl12006/petition.html Almost 9,000 sigs so far and growing every minute.

We got some pissed off people this year it looks like. Even the announcers were wondering wtf was going on out there. Oh well, guess that will teach Holmgren not to critisize the officiating like he did earlier this year. It certainly didn't help his team when they had to play in the big game yesterday.

QUOTE (tick @ Feb 6 2006, 08:21 PM)

quite honestly bytor i dont watch nearly as much as i used to. why do i watch, because i love sports, i just think the state of sports is deteriorating. from basketball which has lost alot because the players dont know the fundementals to baseball which is my favorite and thats constantly under a black cloud, to football, which is being ruined by the officiating.hockey is still pretty true to what its always been and i love it. i dont like the fact sports is not what it used to be ,but its not.

I agree with you that the officiating in football is getting pretty bad, especially in this years playoffs, but I don't think it costed any team a game. I just don't buy into the "Bought & Payed For" attitude. There's only 3 sports that I follow, hockey, football, & tennis, & I don't see that problem in those sports.

QUOTE (By-Tor & the Jazz Bass @ Feb 6 2006, 08:54 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Feb 6 2006, 08:21 PM)

I agree with you that the officiating in football is getting pretty bad, especially in this years playoffs, but I don't think it costed any team a game. I just don't buy into the "Bought & Payed For" attitude. There's only 3 sports that I follow, hockey, football, & tennis, & I don't see that problem in those sports.

hey its not pittsburghs fault the officials suck , and there lucky that the horrible call on the fumble didnt cost them the indy game.

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Feb 6 2006, 07:34 PM)
LOL Interesting link I just found. They are calling it Super Fix XL.

http://www.petitiononline.com/nfl12006/petition.html Almost 9,000 sigs so far and growing every minute.

We got some pissed off people this year it looks like. Even the announcers were wondering wtf was going on out there. Oh well, guess that will teach Holmgren not to critisize the officiating like he did earlier this year. It certainly didn't help his team when they had to play in the big game yesterday.

Holmgren has no one to blame but himslef. His pathetic clock managment at the end of the first half and the end of the game gives him no right to criticize anything regarding that game.

The game sucked. Both teams played shitty. Seattle played worse.

Yea the refs sucked, but Pitt rocked!! (in the second half anyway). Ignore the haters Stealers fans; er, uh, I mean Steelers fans, and welcome to the 5 rings club. All hail the Bergermiester!!! 653.gif

Now that the courtesies are out of the way; three's a crowd!! Cowboys turn!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Feb 6 2006, 09:05 PM)
QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Feb 6 2006, 07:34 PM)
LOL Interesting link I just found.  They are calling it Super Fix XL.

http://www.petitiononline.com/nfl12006/petition.html  Almost 9,000 sigs so far and growing every minute.

We got some pissed off people this year it looks like.  Even the announcers were wondering wtf was going on out there.  Oh well, guess that will teach Holmgren not to critisize the officiating like he did earlier this year.  It certainly didn't help his team when they had to play in the big game yesterday.

Holmgren has no one to blame but himslef. His pathetic clock managment at the end of the first half and the end of the game gives him no right to criticize anything regarding that game.

The game sucked. Both teams played shitty. Seattle played worse.

Both teams are simply above average teams. Welcome to the watered down NFL.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Feb 6 2006, 05:47 PM)

schla03.gif

Seattle failed to capitalize on mistakes and it cost them the game. What people are over looking is that there were bad/missed calls against both teams, not just Seattle. Even if some of the refs calls were reversed, the outcome of the game wouldn't have changed and Pittsburgh would have won 21-17.

WTF dude? You saw a 'bad call' go against Pittsburgh? Not in this game you didn't.....every 'bad call' went against the losing team......

I think it was the Steelers game anyway.....although i could see Seattle winning 17-14 if not for a call.

You said it all when you said, 'Seattle failed to capitalize on mistakes and it cost them the game'....totally agree with that statement.

Still can't believe Seattle fell for the Randle El play, gimmie a break, who didn't know they would pull out that tired play......and they fell for it doh.gif .......gotta be kidding me!

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Feb 7 2006, 11:26 AM)
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a321/hemispheres2005/nextone2/nyr105_people_letterman_roethlisber.jpg

Big Ben getting a shave by Letterman last night...

I would not let that idiot Letterman get that close to me with a sharp object. no.gif