Steelers fan thread.

kazzman

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jan 15 2006, 09:40 PM)
QUOTE (freewill71 @ Jan 15 2006, 06:32 PM)
QUOTE (ES-335 @ Jan 15 2006, 06:22 PM)
congrats Kazz, Freewill and the rest of the Steelers fans ... that was one hell of a game.

Thank you ES wub.gif

do i sense something here?

ohmy.gif

confused13.gif

bolt.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Jan 15 2006, 10:48 PM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Jan 15 2006, 09:40 PM)
QUOTE (freewill71 @ Jan 15 2006, 06:32 PM)
QUOTE (ES-335 @ Jan 15 2006, 06:22 PM)
congrats Kazz, Freewill and the rest of the Steelers fans ... that was one hell of a game.

Thank you ES wub.gif

do i sense something here?

ohmy.gif

confused13.gif

bolt.gif

Just don't get Indy involved in this... ph34r.gif

bolt.gif

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Jan 15 2006, 01:22 PM)

oh ... and congrats to you too Indy.  wink.gif

Yeah, Thanks. wink.gif

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jan 16 2006, 06:24 AM)
i missed the fumble angry.gif how much did vanderdousche miss by and how long was the attempt?

It was a 47 yarder I believe. The most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL missed it by a good amount, far to the right. The right team won though, the refs tried their best to give the colts the win and the best team who dominated the whole game won it anyway.

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 16 2006, 05:42 PM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Jan 16 2006, 06:24 AM)
i missed the fumble  angry.gif how much did vanderdousche miss by and how long was the attempt?

It was a 47 yarder I believe. The most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL missed it by a good amount, far to the right. The right team won though, the refs tried their best to give the colts the win and the best team who dominated the whole game won it anyway.

he'd not missed a kick at home this season - until then rofl3.gif

the pressure must've got to him. I remember (and correct me if I'm wrong) Vinatieri getting a FG to win a play off match a couple or few seasons ago. Kick FG - win - miss FG lose.

Has Vanderjagt ever been in a situation like that before? I was preparing to watch OT, went out of the room, came back and the game was over unsure.gif

rofl3.gif

It did seem as though the ref was intent on giving the Colts the game.

Edited by rickyrob

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 16 2006, 02:51 PM)
I can't believe that over turn call on the interception. That was the WORST over turn that I have ever seen in replay. I've said this before, GET RID OF INSTANT REPLAY.......

Getting rid of the ref who made that ridiculous decision would be a better idea.

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Jan 16 2006, 03:13 PM)
I can't believe that over turn call on the interception.  That was the WORST over turn that I have ever seen in replay.  I've said this before, GET RID OF INSTANT REPLAY.......

Getting rid of the ref who made that ridiculous decision would be a better idea.

This is not the first f*ck in replay. They only get it right half of the time. I never liked instant replay because it interrupts the flow of the game. There were SEVERAL botched calls in that game.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 16 2006, 03:29 PM)
I can't believe that over turn call on the interception.  That was the WORST over turn that I have ever seen in replay.  I've said this before, GET RID OF INSTANT REPLAY.......

This is not the first f*ck in replay. They only get it right half of the time. I never liked instant replay because it interrupts the flow of the game. There were SEVERAL botched calls in that game.

There are even more botched calls without replay.

That is why it is a good idea to have it.

Anyway, don't mean to turn this thread into a totally off topic discussion of instant replay.

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Jan 16 2006, 11:08 AM)

Anyway, don't mean to turn this thread into a totally off topic discussion of instant replay.

I agree, 90% of the time the replay helps make the correct call. They can watch the play in slow motion and get the right call and games won't be decided by a bad call more times than not. I am a fan of instant replays but only if they get it right.

But, this time wasn't the norm, the ref watched the play and it was clear to everyone else watching but him. He basically lied and said Troy dropped the ball before his knee hit the ground, but he rolled completly over, started to get up, he was making a football move and kicked the ball out with his knee AFTER he was getting back up. But it's over now, the best team won and it's time to go on to Denver.

I love this article from ESPN.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't be positive, but when referee Pete Morelli went under the instant replay hood to look at Troy Polamalu's interception, I bet Paul Tagliabue came on the screen and said: "Yeah, I'm going to need you to overturn this and call it an incompletion, mmkay? See, we really want the Colts to make the Super Bowl, mmkay? So just say he never had possession. Try an explanation with the term 'football move' in it, mmkay? Nobody knows what that means."

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 16 2006, 11:18 PM)
QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Jan 16 2006, 11:08 AM)

I agree, 90% of the time the replay helps make the correct call. They can watch the play in slow motion and get the right call and games won't be decided by a bad call more times than not. I am a fan of instant replays but only if they get it right.

But, this time wasn't the norm, the ref watched the play and it was clear to everyone else watching but him. He basically lied and said Troy dropped the ball before his knee hit the ground, but he rolled completly over, started to get up, he was making a football move and kicked the ball out with his knee AFTER he was getting back up. But it's over now, the best team won and it's time to go on to Denver.

I love this article from ESPN.com

"I can't be positive, but when referee Pete Morelli went under the instant replay hood to look at Troy Polamalu's interception, I bet Paul Tagliabue came on the screen and said: "Yeah, I'm going to need you to overturn this and call it an incompletion, mmkay? See, we really want the Colts to make the Super Bowl, mmkay? So just say he never had possession. Try an explanation with the term 'football move' in it, mmkay? Nobody knows what that means."

Another problem with instant replay is that it makes the refs second guess themselves. They are like JoJo the circus boy out there. I thought football was just fine without it. Enough of replay talk. I'm a Cowboys fan but................. GO STEELERS!

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jan 17 2006, 12:31 PM)
what do you guys think about that one quote from the steelers that said the refs tried to rig the game? anyone catch this?

I saw it.

Normally, I don't think much of such accusations, but as I said before, when a call is so obviously wrong as that one, it does make me wonder.

Btw -- the NFL wasted no time in coming out and admitting that the ruling was plain wrong. They already did that yesterday.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jan 17 2006, 07:31 AM)
what do you guys think about that one quote from the steelers that said the refs tried to rig the game? anyone catch this?

Yeh, that was Joey Porter. He's seen a lot of bad calls I'm sure and he never said anything about them. But I guess his emotions got the best of him. It sure looked like blatant cheating to many others too. He knew he was going to get fined but as he said, he didn't care, he just wanted to spill his guts. I kind of wish he never said anything but he's his own person, with his own opinions. Many others thought the same thing but didn't have the balls to speak up. His balls are made of steel. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 17 2006, 04:42 PM)

Yeh, that was Joey Porter. He's seen a lot of bad calls I'm sure and he never said anything about them. But I guess his emotions got the best of him. It sure looked like blatant cheating to many others too. He knew he was going to get fined but as he said, he didn't care, he just wanted to spill his guts. I kind of wish he never said anything but he's his own person, with his own opinions. Many others thought the same thing but didn't have the balls to speak up. His balls are made of steel. laugh.gif

well , i know myself ,that call pissed me off. if i was a player i prolly would have said it.he was emotional,and lets face it that call was shit.

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 17 2006, 11:49 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 17 2006, 04:42 PM)

well , i know myself ,that call pissed me off. if i was a player i prolly would have said it.he was emotional,and lets face it that call was shit.

I'm wondering how much the NFL is going to fine him for that. He was fined $10,000 earlier this year for fighting with that Stains player.

Hmmmm, I was about to post my prediction. But when I started to type, I didn't have the vibe I like to have when I make my prediction. I would hate to make a prediction and it be off by more than 10 points so I will wait until the vibe comes back to me, then I will post before it goes away. Usuallly it's on a Thursday or Friday but it has been as late as Saturday before it came.

Don't know if this will make you happy or not, but Regis Philbin just issued his prediction that Carolina will face the Steelers in the Super Bowl. Personally, I'm not sure if he actually knows anything about football. But from what I've seen, the Steelers have a great chance.

The NFL finally admitted they made a mistake on overturning the INT.

Porter wont get fined

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Porter won't be fined for cheating remarks

PITTSBURGH (Jan. 18, 2006) -- Pittsburgh linebacker Joey Porter won't be fined by the NFL for criticizing officials after the Steelers beat Indianapolis.

Advertisement

NFL coaches are subject to fines for criticizing officials, but players usually aren't fined.

Porter, a Pro Bowl selection and one of the Steelers' co-captains, criticized referee Pete Morelli's crew repeatedly during a series of postgame interviews following a 21-18 win in the AFC divisional round. Among other comments, Porter said, "The whole world wanted Indy to win so bad, they were going to do whatever they had to do."

NFL spokesman Steve Alic said there would be no fine for the remarks. Alic didn't elaborate.

Porter was most angered when an apparent interception by Troy Polamalu was reversed on replay, allowing the Colts to score their second touchdown during a frantic but failed rally in the fourth quarter. The NFL issued a statement Monday that the interception should have stood.

During his news conference, Cowher called Porter's remarks "ridiculous" and said, "Our officials are doing the very best that they can do."

Anybody else hear about the ref who made the bad call on Palumalu getting rocks thrown at his house or something like that?

EDIT: Here it is

NFL official's home vandalized after Steelers call

ESPN.com news services

Someone threw a rock through Pete Morelli's window in Stockton, Calif., on Sunday after the NFL official's crew made a controversial call in the Steelers' win at Indianapolis.

During the game, an apparent interception by Troy Polamalu was reversed on replay, allowing the Colts to score their second touchdown during a frantic but failed rally in the fourth quarter. The NFL issued a statement Monday that the interception should have stood.

"It's kinda suspicious because of its close proximity to the game, but he doesn't know if it was related to his duties as a referee, his job as a high school principal or if it was a random act of mischief," Stockton police Lt. Thomas Wells told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review on Wednesday.

Morelli, a high school principal, and his wife were upstairs getting ready for bed when they heard a loud crash and ran downstairs where they found broken glass and a rock, Wells told the paper.

Joey Porter, a Pro Bowl selection and one of the Steelers' co-captains, criticized the crew repeatedly during a series of postgame interviews following a 21-18 win in the AFC divisional round. Among other comments, Porter said, "The whole world wanted Indy to win so bad, they were going to do whatever they had to do."

NFL spokesman Steve Alic said there would be no fine for the remarks.

During his news conference Tuesday, Steelers coach Bill Cowher called Porter's remarks "ridiculous" and said, "Our officials are doing the very best that they can do."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2298135

Edited by kazzman

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 19 2006, 03:57 PM)
Anybody else hear about the ref who made the bad call on Palumalu getting rocks thrown at his house or something like that?

EDIT: Here it is

NFL official's home vandalized after Steelers call
ESPN.com news services

Someone threw a rock through Pete Morelli's window in Stockton, Calif., on Sunday after the NFL official's crew made a controversial call in the Steelers' win at Indianapolis.

During the game, an apparent interception by Troy Polamalu was reversed on replay, allowing the Colts to score their second touchdown during a frantic but failed rally in the fourth quarter. The NFL issued a statement Monday that the interception should have stood.

"It's kinda suspicious because of its close proximity to the game, but he doesn't know if it was related to his duties as a referee, his job as a high school principal or if it was a random act of mischief," Stockton police Lt. Thomas Wells told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review on Wednesday.

Morelli, a high school principal, and his wife were upstairs getting ready for bed when they heard a loud crash and ran downstairs where they found broken glass and a rock, Wells told the paper.

Joey Porter, a Pro Bowl selection and one of the Steelers' co-captains, criticized the crew repeatedly during a series of postgame interviews following a 21-18 win in the AFC divisional round. Among other comments, Porter said, "The whole world wanted Indy to win so bad, they were going to do whatever they had to do."

NFL spokesman Steve Alic said there would be no fine for the remarks.

During his news conference Tuesday, Steelers coach Bill Cowher called Porter's remarks "ridiculous" and said, "Our officials are doing the very best that they can do."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2298135

I guess people are taking the law in their own hands. If the league isn't punishing him on his horrible call then I guess the fans feel they have to. laugh.gif