Steelers fan thread.

kazzman

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jan 1 2006, 12:57 PM)
NEW ENGLAND @ DENVER would be awesome! let's go NE!

we now go back to our regularly scheduled lurve shack between INDICA & PITTSBURGH

Now you're talking, that's one lurve shack that's not lame ahahahaha.

Indica & Steelers lurve shack. ahahahaha, Good one Daveyt. trink39.gif

Our 30 year anniversary party will be great!!! Now that's a lasting love, not a fly by night love. trink39.gif

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerome Bettis's last game at Heinz Field.

http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/1276/bettis111vl.jpg

He's gonna be missed!!! He scored 3 TD's today, he left with a bang. yes.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 1 2006, 11:53 PM)

Im sorry, I think he will be back next year if they dont go to the superbowl this year, he wants to get to one, and i think he has it left in him!

WE WANT THE BUS TO STAY!

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Jan 2 2006, 12:01 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 1 2006, 11:53 PM)

Im sorry, I think he will be back next year if they dont go to the superbowl this year, he wants to get to one, and i think he has it left in him!

WE WANT THE BUS TO STAY!

Well, it's either retire after this year or stay one more year and walk the rest of his life with at least a cane...

Defense did not look to good Sunday, but they may have been laid back cause Lions aren't that good. We can't go into these coming games without giving our 200 % . Here we go with 3 away games in a row to win. trink39.gif

I think MVP should have been Ben. Without him, they couldn't get the job done.

Bye Bye Tommy next year. yes.gif

Is it time for my ever so accurate weekly steelers prediction?

No? no.gif

Ok, give me a couple more days to analyze things a bit further. That way I can give a more accurate predicition, sometimes when I give them too early it's not as accurate as it should be. Thanks for your patience. smile.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 1 2005, 07:22 PM)
QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Dec 1 2005, 07:02 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 1 2005, 02:12 PM)
Vegas odds right now have the Steelers a 3 point favorite over the bengals. I had to check because the Steelers have been playing like shit lately and the Bengals have been looking pretty good. They must know something we dont because I would probably take the 3 points at this point. Meaning If I was a betting man and was going to put up money on the game I would take the Bengals with the 3 points.

Look for the push though, I could see this game going to overtime and the steelers winning by a field goal. In that case everyone loses money. That's the games that Vegas wins money on. From what I hear any other games that are being bet on vegas usually breaks even so the more "push" games they can predict and make odds for the more they make. I always wondered the % Vegas wins on most weeks and after someone explained how they usually break even on most games and win millions every week on their average 2-3 "push" games every week, it made a hell of a lot of sense to me. That's why I don't bet on football for the most part.

A push in Vegas means a dead bet, nobody wins therefore your money is refunded in whole. This is standard for your local bookie or offshore dealer also. The way Vegas makes money is on the juice ( a 10% fee tacked on to every dollar of every losing wager ) Vegas tries to even out the money line as best as possible ( this is how we get fluctuating pointspreads throughout the week right up until game time ) if one team is receiving more money action than the other the pointspread will move accordingly.

The 10% may have dropped down to 5% over the years, i'm not quite sure ( its been awhile since my last excursion to the desert ) but one thing is for sure... VEGAS DOESN'T LOSE

Oh ya and what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas wink.gif

No shit??? I never bet on football in vegas before, I'm just going by what I heard. But every bookie I ever seen wins on a push. I don't and wouldn't pay juice on a bet. That's probably why I don't bet. I have bet on football before and I never got money back when there was a push. Just like in blackjack, they win ties. That's why I always bet on games that had a 1/2 spread point so there would never be a push(but I didn't pay a juice). To be honest I like it better that way than paying a juice. I guess either way it works the results are still the same, they dont lose. That's very true. Vegas don't lose.

Question, when you pay a juice, if you win, do you get the juice back? If not, I don't see why anyone would bother.

edit: opps nevermind, your first post answered my question, you said the juice is only paid on a losing bet.

Not that it matters much but.........Just reading thru the thread and felt compelled to clear up some mis-information.......

First, No bookmaker i've ever heard of keeps your money on a push in any sporting bet, you get the money back, Its ALWAYS been that way......... And for that matter NO dealer in Las Vegas would be able to keep your money on a 'tie' in the game of Blackjack either, Not without losing their job that is.....

If any of this happend to you, then you got played......a person should always know the rules of betting before putting up your hard earned money......

Second, Everyone who bets pays the 'vig', everyone, and its ALWAYS been that way.....Go ahead, put your money down, but you don't win $10.00 on a $10.00 bet......its 11 to win 10......and thats how the books make the money on losing bets, you take in more and pay out less on average........

QUOTE (Templar of Syrinx @ Jan 4 2006, 11:57 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 1 2005, 07:22 PM)
QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Dec 1 2005, 07:02 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 1 2005, 02:12 PM)
Vegas odds right now have the Steelers a 3 point favorite over the bengals. I had to check because the Steelers have been playing like shit lately and the Bengals have been looking pretty good. They must know something we dont because I would probably take the 3 points at this point. Meaning If I was a betting man and was going to put up money on the game I would take the Bengals with the 3 points.

Look for the push though, I could see this game going to overtime and the steelers winning by a field goal. In that case everyone loses money. That's the games that Vegas wins money on. From what I hear any other games that are being bet on vegas usually breaks even so the more "push" games they can predict and make odds for the more they make. I always wondered the % Vegas wins on most weeks and after someone explained how they usually break even on most games and win millions every week on their average 2-3 "push" games every week, it made a hell of a lot of sense to me. That's why I don't bet on football for the most part.

A push in Vegas means a dead bet, nobody wins therefore your money is refunded in whole. This is standard for your local bookie or offshore dealer also. The way Vegas makes money is on the juice ( a 10% fee tacked on to every dollar of every losing wager ) Vegas tries to even out the money line as best as possible ( this is how we get fluctuating pointspreads throughout the week right up until game time ) if one team is receiving more money action than the other the pointspread will move accordingly.

The 10% may have dropped down to 5% over the years, i'm not quite sure ( its been awhile since my last excursion to the desert ) but one thing is for sure... VEGAS DOESN'T LOSE

Oh ya and what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas wink.gif

No shit??? I never bet on football in vegas before, I'm just going by what I heard. But every bookie I ever seen wins on a push. I don't and wouldn't pay juice on a bet. That's probably why I don't bet. I have bet on football before and I never got money back when there was a push. Just like in blackjack, they win ties. That's why I always bet on games that had a 1/2 spread point so there would never be a push(but I didn't pay a juice). To be honest I like it better that way than paying a juice. I guess either way it works the results are still the same, they dont lose. That's very true. Vegas don't lose.

Question, when you pay a juice, if you win, do you get the juice back? If not, I don't see why anyone would bother.

edit: opps nevermind, your first post answered my question, you said the juice is only paid on a losing bet.

Not that it matters much but.........Just reading thru the thread and felt compelled to clear up some mis-information.......

First, No bookmaker i've ever heard of keeps your money on a push in any sporting bet, you get the money back, Its ALWAYS been that way......... And for that matter NO dealer in Las Vegas would be able to keep your money on a 'tie' in the game of Blackjack either, Not without losing their job that is.....

If any of this happend to you, then you got played......a person should always know the rules of betting before putting up your hard earned money......

Second, Everyone who bets pays the 'vig', everyone, and its ALWAYS been that way.....Go ahead, put your money down, but you don't win $10.00 on a $10.00 bet......its 11 to win 10......and thats how the books make the money on losing bets, you take in more and pay out less on average........

Well, the local bookies I've seen keeps the money on a push. AGAIN, I've never bet on football in Vegas. And I've never ever ever, and never will, pay money for Juice.

I feel anyone who gives extra money for juice got took.

Edited by Indica

Big Ben has edge in playoff experience

The budding Roethlisberger vs. Palmer rivalry will spice playoff mix Sunday

Thursday, January 05, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ben Roethlisberger's first trip to the playoffs felt more like a trip to the dentist, after a bout with the flu. "I was worn down," Roethlisberger said of his postseason experience last year. "And so, when you get to that point in the season, in the playoffs, you can't make any mistakes, you have to be on top of your game. I feel like I was really falling off the table." In two playoff games last season, Roethlisberger threw three touchdowns and five interceptions. Two of those interceptions were returned for long touchdowns. His passer rating was a dismal 61.3 in the postseason after he set a rookie record of 98.1 in the regular season.

The speed is so much faster, the mistakes are magnified. You can't turn the ball over because, if you do, they're going to take advantage of it. If you get behind in the playoffs, you may never catch back up."

Roethlisberger said he also made a mistake of trying too hard not to make mistakes in the playoffs.

"Absolutely, that's what I have to make sure I don't do this year -- don't play not to make mistakes, play my game, play this offense."

After going 13-0 as a rookie, Roethlisberger hit a wall like a motorcyclist without a helmet.

"It was one of those roller-coaster things. We came off a high at the end of my college career winning all those games, then trying to get ready for the draft, coming here and then playing the games. Mentally, your brain is fried. I know that sounds crazy to say, but you're worn out, you're trying to learn a new offense, every week you're putting in new plays. So, mentally, I was just trying to figure out what was going on, and, physically, my arm felt like it was dragging on the floor."

And now?

"I'm a lot more comfortable," said Roethlisberger. "I understand what's going on a little bit more. I'm not quite as worn down as I was last year; hopefully, it'll translate into better football."

Coach Bill Cowher called it "a world of difference how he feels and where he's at just mentally, from the experience standpoint and from a health standpoint."

In four games against Cincinnati, Roethlisberger has completed 70 of 101 passes for 791 yards, with seven touchdowns, four interceptions, a 99.07 passer rating and 11 sacks. This season, he finished third in the NFL with a 98.6 passer rating, throwing for 17 touchdowns and 9 interceptions. His 8.9-yard average gain per pass led the NFL.

Although unbeaten as a starter in 13 games last season, he, his coaches and his teammates have more confidence in him entering the playoffs this time.

"I think he understands he doesn't have to win the game," Jerome Bettis said. "I think last year he'd be the first one to tell you he was of the thought I have to win the football game. He just needs to make the plays he's supposed to make, and we'll win the football game as a result of that."

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 5 2006, 07:09 AM)

The budding Roethlisberger vs. Palmer rivalry will spice playoff mix Sunday
Thursday, January 05, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ben Roethlisberger's first trip to the playoffs felt more like a trip to the dentist, after a bout with the flu. "I was worn down," Roethlisberger said of his postseason experience last year. "And so, when you get to that point in the season, in the playoffs, you can't make any mistakes, you have to be on top of your game. I feel like I was really falling off the table." In two playoff games last season, Roethlisberger threw three touchdowns and five interceptions. Two of those interceptions were returned for long touchdowns. His passer rating was a dismal 61.3 in the postseason after he set a rookie record of 98.1 in the regular season.

The speed is so much faster, the mistakes are magnified. You can't turn the ball over because, if you do, they're going to take advantage of it. If you get behind in the playoffs, you may never catch back up."

Roethlisberger said he also made a mistake of trying too hard not to make mistakes in the playoffs.

"Absolutely, that's what I have to make sure I don't do this year -- don't play not to make mistakes, play my game, play this offense."

After going 13-0 as a rookie, Roethlisberger hit a wall like a motorcyclist without a helmet.

"It was one of those roller-coaster things. We came off a high at the end of my college career winning all those games, then trying to get ready for the draft, coming here and then playing the games. Mentally, your brain is fried. I know that sounds crazy to say, but you're worn out, you're trying to learn a new offense, every week you're putting in new plays. So, mentally, I was just trying to figure out what was going on, and, physically, my arm felt like it was dragging on the floor."

And now?

"I'm a lot more comfortable," said Roethlisberger. "I understand what's going on a little bit more. I'm not quite as worn down as I was last year; hopefully, it'll translate into better football."

Coach Bill Cowher called it "a world of difference how he feels and where he's at just mentally, from the experience standpoint and from a health standpoint."

In four games against Cincinnati, Roethlisberger has completed 70 of 101 passes for 791 yards, with seven touchdowns, four interceptions, a 99.07 passer rating and 11 sacks. This season, he finished third in the NFL with a 98.6 passer rating, throwing for 17 touchdowns and 9 interceptions. His 8.9-yard average gain per pass led the NFL.

Although unbeaten as a starter in 13 games last season, he, his coaches and his teammates have more confidence in him entering the playoffs this time.

"I think he understands he doesn't have to win the game," Jerome Bettis said. "I think last year he'd be the first one to tell you he was of the thought I have to win the football game. He just needs to make the plays he's supposed to make, and we'll win the football game as a result of that."

now as a fan i state my true opinion. if given a choice, i would pick carson palmer over big ben. i dont mean to dissrespect ben, he is a gem at qb, and if denver had him id be pumped,i just think palmer is gonna be one of the greats. confused13.gif maybe ben will be also,im just very impressed with carson.by the way, how bout that texas qb last night !what a game.

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 5 2006, 03:02 AM)

now as a fan i state my true opinion. if given a choice, i would pick carson palmer over big ben. i dont mean to dissrespect ben, he is a gem at qb, and if denver had him id be pumped,i just think palmer is gonna be one of the greats. confused13.gif maybe ben will be also,im just very impressed with carson.by the way, how bout that texas qb last night !what a game.

I think the last couple years have produced some potentially great QB's that will provide some great football for a long time to come.

Palmer is good, I agree, but I also think that the bengals have a better fleet of receivers for him to choose from. Don't get me wrong I think Hines Ward is the best but I have to admit that the Bengals have more depth at the receiver position. I think Big Ben could put up similar numbers under the Bengals offensive. But his role is a lot different than Palmers so his overall numbers won't be the same. Palmer hardly ever has to pass on the run, his offensive line blocks great and gives him a lot of time to find an open receiver. I seen Big Ben do some things on the run that not many young Qb's can do, his passing % is actually better when he is outside of the pocket, and that is rare for any QB no matter how much experience they have. If he was in an offense that passed more and an offensive line that blocks as well as the Bengals does for Palmer then I couldn't imagine what Big Ben could do. His lifetime QB rating is one of the best ever and he's only been playing 2 years.

I think that Palmer and Big Ben are going to be 2 of the top QB's for some years to come.

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 6 2006, 05:21 AM)

I think that Palmer and Big Ben are going to be 2 of the top QB's for some years to come.

There's going to be some mighty battles betwen these two in the years to come that's for sure....not a good time to be a Browns or Ravens fan laugh.gif

I wont be around tomorrow, we are thinking about going to tailgate in Cincinnati for the game and if we can find cheap seats we are going to the game and if not watching it at a bar near by the stadium.

Anyway, this should be a great game!!! I love playoffs@!!!!!

The Steelers better win or I will be crushed once again!!!!!!

My final prediction

Steelers 24

Bengals 17

4 more wins BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Edited by Indica

Oman

Indy must behttp://img436.imageshack.us/img436/26/emoaypullingmyhairout02hl47wv.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Jan 8 2006, 06:06 PM)
Oman
Indy must behttp://img436.imageshack.us/img436/26/emoaypullingmyhairout02hl47wv.gif

boy i hope so !

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/946/spcheerleader052gw.gifhttp://img382.imageshack.us/img382/946/spcheerleader052gw.gifhttp://img382.imageshack.us/img382/946/spcheerleader052gw.gifhttp://img382.imageshack.us/img382/8449/11gosteelers0bk.gifhttp://img382.imageshack.us/img382/946/spcheerleader052gw.gifhttp://img382.imageshack.us/img382/946/spcheerleader052gw.gifhttp://img382.imageshack.us/img382/946/spcheerleader052gw.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 8 2006, 06:14 PM)
Oman

boy i hope so !

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5108/emoayfight03hl43bh.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 8 2006, 06:14 PM)
Oman

boy i hope so !

not anymore...