it quenches the thirst

it is less gay

your thoughts?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No war as far as I see it. Different tools for different jobs. wink.gif

I consume probably 25 times more beer than I do wine, but that doesn't mean I'd pass up a great glass of Bordeaux or Pinot with a steak.

Want to impress a woman at dinner? Order wine and make it apparent that you know what you're doing. Most women aren't as impressed with beer knowledge at first.

davey, if you ever order wine for your girl, it's better if you don't grunt. wink.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 31 2007, 08:21 PM)
davey, if you ever order wine for your girl, it's better if you don't grunt. wink.gif

tongue.gif she don't drink wine & she grunts alot cause she has a thick nasal cavity yes.gif serious!

QUOTE (daveyt @ May 31 2007, 11:27 PM)
davey, if you ever order wine for your girl, it's better if you don't grunt.  wink.gif

tongue.gif she don't drink wine & she grunts alot cause she has a thick nasal cavity yes.gif serious!

laugh.gif

Could go either way.

Dinner wine or Dinner beer. Depends on what's on the menu.

This much is for sure however: No wine on a hot day. Lot's of beer please (w/ an occassional bottle of water.) And in terms of power drinking, when a buzz is the goal, beer is harder on the trips to the stalls but much easier on the head the next day.

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ May 31 2007, 09:35 PM)
And in terms of power drinking, when a buzz is the goal, beer is harder on the trips to the stalls but much easier on the head the next day.

yes.gif

God yes! I found that out the hard way once when I was in Italy.

062802puke_prv.gif

I'm definitely a beer drinker, but I've been known to have an occasional glass of wine too. trink39.gif cosmo.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ May 31 2007, 11:27 PM)
davey, if you ever order wine for your girl, it's better if you don't grunt.  wink.gif

Then you two must be a perfect match! laugh.gif

Beer. The safest all round choice for pickling......

Hops and cannabis are closely related.

No sulfides or other bullshit in good beer.

I drink beer while working like a blazed mule gardening in the sun. Wine under the same circumstances?

Plus, I will never forget the night I drank a case of boones farm and had to crawl 100 yards up a dirt road to the toilet....... but thats another thread!

QUOTE (tangdog @ Jun 1 2007, 08:32 PM)

I drink beer while working like a blazed mule gardening in the sun. Wine under the same circumstances?

Plus, I will never forget the night I drank a case of boones farm and had to crawl 100 yards up a dirt road to the toilet....... but thats another thread!

Boone's Farm...dirt roads... ???

Did you go to high school with me? rofl3.gif

Barley Wine !!!!

Actually I always choose beer. I do not like wine. I can do champaigne, but that's it.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 1 2007, 08:47 PM)

Those were the days, weren't they!

Actually that unfortunate incident occured in western new york at a summer camp I was working at.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 1 2007, 09:47 PM)

I don't think I've heard Boone's farm mentioned in years...

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/dpagano4/Boones_Farm_Strawberry_Hill.jpg

Thanks for the memories...hummm...need to go fill in a few blanks.

Ahh grade school...brings back memories.

I'm a beer guy but my wife has been getting me to drink alot of wine lately. This time of year though it's hard to beat a nice, cold wheat beer (with a slice of lemon please)..

trink38.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 6 2007, 03:30 AM)

I'm a beer guy but my wife has been getting me to drink alot of wine lately. This time of year though it's hard to beat a nice, cold wheat beer (with a slice of lemon please)..

trink38.gif

The only reason any self respecting man puts a citrus fruit in his beer is if he is suffering from scurvy. biggrin.gif

Arrrrr scurvy!

Going to see new Pirates movie today. I'll see how many of them put citrus in their drinks. My guess? very few.

this is a sad thread though.

we should be celebrating the greatness of ALL alcohol.

It is summer, I have no work for 3 months, it's 8:11 in the am, and I could use a drink.

To the greatest medicine ever.....

cheers

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 6 2007, 07:27 AM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 6 2007, 03:30 AM)

trink38.gif

The only reason any self respecting man puts a citrus fruit in his beer is if he is suffering from scurvy. biggrin.gif

Self respect? You have read some of my posts haven't you?

And as for scurvy, I'm more of a rickets man myself.

trink39.gif .... :hail, cool10.gif , trink38.gif , cool10.gif , trink38.gif ...... 062802puke_prv.gif