When/Where was your first Rush concert?

Rushman14

October 1977. A Farewell To Kings tour at the Santa Monica Civic, CA. I was a 15 year old kid sitting 8th row center and my life was forever changed. It was only my 4th concert after Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin and Yes.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (rushman14 @ Mar 9 2007, 12:24 PM)
October 1977. A Farewell To Kings tour at the Santa Monica Civic, CA. I was a 15 year old kid sitting 8th row center and my life was forever changed. It was only my 4th concert after Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin and Yes.

simply awesome...your so lucky.

my first experience--i went with my uncle/aunt and my dad to see them at the Molson Amphitheatre back in '97's T4E tour. I was 12. It was simply the most flawless show I have EVER seen, not only from them, but from ANY band.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 9 2007, 02:27 PM)
VAPOR TRAILS TOUR

MOLSON AMPTHEATRE - TORONTO
JULY 17, 2002

Awesome show! But the second Toronto show in October (indoors at the ACC) was unbelivably flawless! Amazing acoustics! 1022.gif

I WAS THERE BRO! hi five trink39.gif

i'd have to disagree with u on the acoustics at the A.C.C. but maybe it was where i was sitting. I love seein em at the Ampitheatre personally!

do you remember that A.C.C. gig?? Neil was sick and he kinda flubbed a few songs! He dropped his stick during Big Money andn missed a stick toss durin his drum solo...but its all good! every other show was completely flawless:)

I've mentioned bits and pieces of this but the first show for me was in March 1983 in the Omni in Atlanta. My late mother graciously drove a friend and me about 140 miles to Atlanta, where we spent the night. Mom went, too. It was the first of two Rush shows she attended with me. As I remember, we drove home the next day with a light amount of snow on the ground.

It was a great show, but I must say the later shows I've seen were even better.

MP tour, December 5, 1981 Cumberland County Coliseum. Fayetteville, North Carolina.

April '79 Hemispheres Tour, Newcastle City Hall, just turned 17. 2 rows from the front, but stuck to the right of the stage. Superb show, but a very limited view of 'The Prof'.

I remember going to get tickets for the show in January, and the ground was covered in thick snow. I went at about 5.30am, walking as public transport was knackered (remember this is the UK, and we have never been good with snow). At about 10 o'clock, half an hour before the box office opened, I started to shiver and couldn't stop. I decided to abandon my vigil and work home. My mates were not impressed!! Still managed to get tickets the following morning, after another early start, but I took a flask with me. Character building!

Power Windows Tour

April 4th, 1986

Nassau Coliseum

Section 115

In only remember the section because my friends and I needed 7 tickets and you could only get 6 per person, so I volunteered to take the single seat (knowing it would put me closer to the stage).

Grace Under Pressure Tour 1984

San Francisco Ca

Cow Palace

I was 16 years old and it was of course the first tour where Neil had the red kit with the Simmons set!! There were a bunch of us that crashed the stage that night. I just followed the crowd. We took over the front row, chairs were being slammed to the ground, people were pushing and shoving.

I remember I squeezed to the very front and I was right underneath Geddy. He kept looking down at us. You could see in his eyes that he was concerned about what was going on. The guys kept playing though. They didn't stop the show, and Geddy didn't say anything.

The good news for me as a kid was that I was right there up front to see Neil's drum solo for the first time live!! I was in Heaven!! I loved that solo not just because it was my first time seeing it, I loved it when the guys started out with YYZ, then Neil's solo, then they went right into "RED LENSES!!!!"

"And the mercury is rising!"

SWEET MEMORIES!!!

PoW

rosemont horizon

I was in 8th grade and should have seen them on GuP but my mom said I was too young.

Since then I have been to +35 others, so I've been a loyal supporter.

When any of those boys run into me I'm ordering a very nice glass of red and having them put it on their tab!

Signals Tour Philadelphia Spectrum.

Stupidly smuggeled a old 35 mm camera, had it down my back, strap choking my throat, heavy telephoto lense in my hood, further choking me....turns out the pics were bad, lots of streaks from the light show, but no matter what...when the lights went down for the first RUSH Show, and just like losing ones real virginity, it was not what we thought it would be, but we will never ever forget it.

Never brought a camera to any show since...was way too nerve wracking trying to get in, and it wasn't even worth it...picture wise, but man oh man, what a great show.

Archived