MUSIC MAGAZINES

RUSHMAN999

I used to read Sounds in the late 70s/early 80s then Kerrang when it emerged in 1981 or 82 but I stopped buying it in the late 80s after that it was Guitar Player, Guitar World, Guitar for the Practicing Musician etc but I don't get any these days...

YOU DON'T HAVE TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS!!!

I used to read Modern Drummer, but it got too expensive so I couldn't renew it. Something like $40 a year, or some ridiculous shit like that.

I read Spin and Rolling Stone. I know, that's high treason on a Rush board.

I used to get Guitar World, but it randomly stopped. I don't even think they were mine. At least, I never subscribed, and no one admitted to subscribing me... it was very strange. Oh well.

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Feb 14 2007, 08:38 PM)
I don't read any music magazines now

In the 70's and 80's I never missed an issue of this http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/ar2112/TRF/CIRCUSS.jpg

laugh.gif Me too, I had a subscription from around 1974 to 1984! trink39.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Feb 14 2007, 06:39 PM)

I used to read Modern Drummer, but it got too expensive so I couldn't renew it. Something like $40 a year, or some ridiculous shit like that.

I'm quite new to computers.im sorry just feeling my way biggrin.gif 2.gif Many thanks for replying.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 15 2007, 12:36 AM)
http://www.rpmrecords.uk.com/p/12258.jpg

Here's a Rush cover just for the hell of it...

biggrin.gif

I used to buy kerrang until they made the covers to embarrising to buy blood and guts on the cover an shit like that biggrin.gif

Well as an 'old git' I started with Sounds in the late 70's, but got bored with it all in the mid 80's and stopped buying music magazines. Then in the early noughties started again with Classic Rock and Mojo. Still buy CR every month, but it isn't as good as it once was, too narrow a focus, and they didn't pick up on the Black Keys until their latest release (Magic Potion) - FOOLS!

Might buy Q occasionally, if I'm struggling for some lighter reading, usually when I'm stuck on a Virgin Train. Always check out Mojo in the newsagents for the interesting album reviews, but rarely part with my english pounds. I'm one of those annoying b****rs that will stand and use the shop as a library.

I'm pleased to say that I have never bought Kerrang, even though I was around when No. 1 went on sale.

'Modern Drummer', 'Drum', and 'Traps'.

QUOTE (fritz44 @ Feb 18 2007, 04:24 PM)
Well as an 'old git' I started with Sounds in the late 70's, but got bored with it all in the mid 80's and stopped buying music magazines. Then in the early noughties started again with Classic Rock and Mojo. Still buy CR every month, but it isn't as good as it once was, too narrow a focus, and they didn't pick up on the Black Keys until their latest release (Magic Potion) - FOOLS!

Might buy Q occasionally, if I'm struggling for some lighter reading, usually when I'm stuck on a Virgin Train. Always check out Mojo in the newsagents for the interesting album reviews, but rarely part with my english pounds. I'm one of those annoying b****rs that will stand and use the shop as a library.

I'm pleased to say that I have never bought Kerrang, even though I was around when No. 1 went on sale.

I started on Sounds too - happy memories. I actually stopped buying Shoot to get Sounds.

Now I am a Q and Mojo buyer but I also pick up the odd NME at the airport now and then.

I don't read any now, use to read creem,Hit Parader, and mostly Circus.

And yes i also use to subcribe to the RUSH treason rag Rolling Stone.

All in the past, no interest unless I see one that mentions RUSH.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Feb 14 2007, 05:39 PM)

Same here...I was always getting modern Drummer and guitar one...it's just too expensive...

I read usually Rollingstone and Spin....and Chart.

QUOTE (RUSHMAN999 @ May 6 2007, 09:07 PM)
Great review of snakes&arrows in latest classic rock by geoff barton biggrin.gif

I bought it strictly for that. The rest of the magazine is dire. It's sooooo bad. The writing in Mojo and Uncut is suffering a bit of late too. And lazy mistakes too, check this one out, in Mojo - Rush - The Spirit of Rock!!! There's another one too, but I'm buggered if I can find it.

Another insidious recent happening, these started off in Q a few years ago. Companies sponsoring articles to push their wares. This month in Mojo there's a 6 page article called "Remasterminds", "Inspired by the newly remastered Audi TT". What a load of balls. I know these magazines are kept afloat by advertising(1/2 page S&A tour ad, for instance), but these lazy, shoddy articles are all but unreadable. It's all re-hashed crap. It wouldn't make me want to go out and buy an Audi TT, that's for sure.

Q have reached a new nadir this month, with a cover story about Oasis, again. But this time it's about the recording of Be Here Now, an album the band have admitted was awful. They were off their collective bosom on cocaine, apparently. Who wants to read about Oasis, let alone about an album the band hates?

I dunno. Bring back Everett True.

RANT OVER.

Edited by Hatchetaxe&saw