King Crimson

Finbar

What is your favourite King Crimson studio album?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite King Crimson studio album?

• In the Court of the Crimson King
    • In the Wake of Poseidon
    • Lizard
    • Islands
    • Larks' Tongues in Aspic
    • Starless and Bible Black
    • Red
    • Discipline
    • Beat
    • Three of a Perfect Pair
    • THRAK
    • The ConstruKction of Light
    • The Power to Believe

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 23 2012, 09:41 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 27 2007, 10:49 AM)
Without a doubt, and one of the absolutely best albums in creation:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/rushgoober5/rushgoober6/lizard1.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/rushgoober5/rushgoober6/lizard2.jpg

I guess I can understand why some people don't rate this higher.  It's ridiculously complex, and therefore, perhaps a bit difficult listening, but that doesn't stop me from loving it.  In fact, that's why I love it.  It's SO involved and complex, but really beautiful too.  Unmatched IMHO, pure genius...

Over 5 years later and my post is still true. Their very best album and one of the best albums of all time. For some reason, this simple but obvious truth continues to elude most people. confused13.gif

Lizard rocks... 1022.gif

But Starless and Bible Black rocks more! 1022.gif 1022.gif

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Aug 27 2012, 04:14 PM)
I just got an Amazon shipping notice and should be getting the Lizard anniversary/remix edition later this week. 1022.gif

I'm also looking forward to The Great Deceiver Vols. 1 & 2, hopefully next week, as that's probably my favorite lineup/era (Fripp, Wetton, Bruford, Cross).

The only remix version I've heard is ITCOTCK, and I seriously didn't like it. I mean, yeah, obviously the improved sound was cool, but I do NOT get the point of remixes - taking music you know and love that was made decades ago and changing it. It just doesn't sound right and the whole thing seems wrong to me. Make it sound clearer, absolutely, but actually change it? no.gif facepalm.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 27 2012, 07:59 PM)
I just got an Amazon shipping notice and should be getting the Lizard anniversary/remix edition later this week. 1022.gif

I'm also looking forward to The Great Deceiver Vols. 1 & 2, hopefully next week, as that's probably my favorite lineup/era (Fripp, Wetton, Bruford, Cross).

The only remix version I've heard is ITCOTCK, and I seriously didn't like it. I mean, yeah, obviously the improved sound was cool, but I do NOT get the point of remixes - taking music you know and love that was made decades ago and changing it. It just doesn't sound right and the whole thing seems wrong to me. Make it sound clearer, absolutely, but actually change it? no.gif facepalm.gif

The remix of Poseiden seemed to be very well done. On Pictures of a City, everything seemed clearer and more present than I remember. Also, I think all the anniversary editions include the original mixes on the second disc.

Anyway, I just got the shipping notice on the rest of my KC order and also three Brand X albums. Anyone into these guys?

Great stuff! Now I just need to track down Moroccan Roll somewhere.

Edited by They Bow Defeated

Robert Fripp can't seem to quit messing with the old albums, but the 40th anniversary In The Court Of The Crimson King was five or six discs and full of about every version there ever was.

After a while I just get sick of it and now that I have a turntable again I like going back to the original vinyl.

Brand X = yes.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Aug 28 2012, 12:19 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 27 2012, 07:59 PM)

The remix of Poseiden seemed to be very well done. On Pictures of a City, everything seemed clearer and more present than I remember. Also, I think all the anniversary editions include the original mixes on the second disc.

Anyway, I just got the shipping notice on the rest of my KC order and also three Brand X albums. Anyone into these guys?

Great stuff! Now I just need to track down Moroccan Roll somewhere.

Brand X is very cool. yes.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 28 2012, 11:01 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 28 2012, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 28 2012, 08:39 PM)
What the hell happened to Finbar??

confused13.gif

Haven't you heard?

No...?

unsure.gif

unsure.gif wacko.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 29 2012, 03:34 PM)
QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Aug 29 2012, 10:49 AM)
ha ha ha a person voted for islands

they probably did it just to mess with the works, or it's the only KFC album they have... that, or mental illness. tongue.gif

Or maybe they genuinely prefer Boz's voice and....

laugh.gif

no.gif

You're right. They must be sick. sad.gif confused13.gif

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Aug 29 2012, 08:36 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Aug 29 2012, 04:55 PM)

I could see that being the case if the only other one that they'd heard was Lizard. (This is a state that I do not wish on anyone.)

True. confused13.gif

But Boz's voice is only the first in a long list of reasons Islands shouldn't be anyone's favorite. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Aug 30 2012, 06:00 PM)
QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Aug 29 2012, 08:36 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Aug 29 2012, 04:55 PM)

I could see that being the case if the only other one that they'd heard was Lizard. (This is a state that I do not wish on anyone.)

True. confused13.gif

But Boz's voice is only the first in a long list of reasons Islands shouldn't be anyone's favorite. laugh.gif

The vocals are fine, the songs just aren't there on Islands.