What game(s) are you playing through right now?

deadwing2112

I know this is kind of OT but my kids really want Borderlands. The hubby says he played it at work and didn't like it. He doesn't think the boys will either. I hate to spend the $$ if they aren't going to like it.

So does anyone have this? Just wanting to hear some reviews on it.

Other games they love are Left 4 Dead(both of them) one of my sons is playing Oblivion. BioShock. Portal. Halo(all of them)My Max loves all of the Resident Evil games.

QUOTE (afurrything @ Feb 16 2010, 09:57 AM)
I know this is kind of OT but my kids really want Borderlands. The hubby says he played it at work and didn't like it. He doesn't think the boys will either. I hate to spend the $$ if they aren't going to like it.
Other games they love are Left 4 Dead(both of them) one of my sons is playing Oblivion. BioShock. Portal. Halo(all of them)My Max loves all of the Resident Evil games.

Based on the games you listed that your kids do enjoy, I think they'd really like Borderlands also.

It is somewhat a combination of a first person shooter like those HALO type games, but also mission based and leveling your skills similar to games like Oblivion.

I very much enjoyed it myself.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Feb 16 2010, 11:57 AM)
QUOTE (afurrything @ Feb 16 2010, 09:57 AM)

Based on the games you listed that your kids do enjoy, I think they'd really like Borderlands also.

It is somewhat a combination of a first person shooter like those HALO type games, but also mission based and leveling your skills similar to games like Oblivion.

I very much enjoyed it myself.

trink39.gif

THANKS! That's what I thought too. Wouldn't be the first time the husband was wrong tongue.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/Bioshock_2_boxart.jpg

Started it today. Only a few hours into it, but it's good so far. Very similar to the first game, which isn't a bad thing, but it's not going to amaze you like playing that game for the first time.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Feb 17 2010, 01:47 PM)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/Bioshock_2_boxart.jpg

Started it today. Only a few hours into it, but it's good so far. Very similar to the first game, which isn't a bad thing, but it's not going to amaze you like playing that game for the first time.

I have that one queued up too - can't wait!

We are in the midst of Olympic mania here at our house though - so getting waaaay behind on the video game thing.

Just *started* Bayonetta, Darksiders and Mass Effect 2. Have Bioshock 2 in the queue and will be getting Heavy Rain when that comes out! Gotta clear the logjam before the new Final Fantasy is released!

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Feb 20 2010, 10:56 AM)
We are in the midst of Olympic mania here at our house though

Same here! I was up till 2am this morning (UK time) to watch our Amy win gold in the Skeleton. Really looking forward to the Canada v USA ice hockey tomorrow new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I've squeezed a bit of Mass Effect 2 in, as well. I think it's absolutely brilliant but I haven't had half as much time to spend on it as I would like sad.gif

Still haven't finished Dragon Age: Origins on the pc, either eyesre4.gif

Unreal Tournament 2004

A bit of a blast from the past, but this is one of my favourites from the UT franchise

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Mar 5 2010, 10:23 AM)
playing through Folklore at the moment.

I thought I was the only person on earth who has played that game.

Don't know how much you are into it - all I was say is that the game was very interesting in how different it was directed, the artwork, styles of creatures, the interface... very unique and refreshing take on the genre I'd said.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Mar 5 2010, 11:25 AM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Mar 5 2010, 10:23 AM)
playing through Folklore at the moment.

I thought I was the only person on earth who has played that game.

Don't know how much you are into it - all I was say is that the game was very interesting in how different it was directed, the artwork, styles of creatures, the interface... very unique and refreshing take on the genre I'd said.

trink39.gif

It's really good! I'm about three chapters in with each character so far. It's reminding me a lot of Okami. Not as in it plays or looks just like Okami, but... you know what I mean?

Definitely a refreshing take, and I'm super glad I got this over White Knight Chronicles laugh.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Mar 14 2010, 10:38 PM)
hmm... A save point and a bunch of Phoenix downs. I wonder what could be around this corner...

Phoenix downs! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! They should have those in real life!

I need to go take out the garbage now, I hope my GARAGA spell works!

Aaaaaaaaaargh!

I went back to the old classic series: Medal of Honor. What classic games. smile.gif Edited by Alex

QUOTE (Alex @ Mar 15 2010, 05:13 PM)
I went back to the old classic series: Medal of Honor. What classic games. smile.gif

Just recently sold off the PS1/2 MOH stuff...I cannot handle FPS gameplay anymore. But they were classics alright yes.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Mar 15 2010, 12:05 AM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Mar 14 2010, 06:28 PM)
The battle system in FFXIII is so f***ing awesome.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! I wannnanna play so bad!

So go get it! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Seriously some of the most exciting RPG battles ever! But really, if you're busy and wouldn't have much time to play it you're doing the right thing. You'll want to be able to sit down and play for hours... in fact, I'll be right back... tongue.gif

I'm trying to slog my way through inFamous.

Not a terrible game, but please just *BLEEP*ing end already!

Unlike Arkham Asylum, this will be more relief than accomplishment.

ugh...I need my FF XIII (notice how those letters can be rearranged to spell FIX? NOT a coincidence)