What game(s) are you playing through right now?

deadwing2112

I'm rilly looking forward to trying that out sometime soon! -------------------^

Myself we just finished our first play-through of Dragon's Age Origins. On one hand such an amazing game, on the other hand soooo fundamentally flawed for an RPG. I can't help but think with a little extra polish and a better levelling system how epic it might have been. Regardless much like Mass Effect or Fallout 3, there are just so many massive storyline decisions to be made I am tempted to replay it to see a different ending.

We are also on the last stage of BRUTAL LEGEND so that will be a wrap for a couple of games and time to start something new.

I did start dabbling in Saints Row 2 a bit. A good enough time killer I suppose but as expected it's more like a last-gen GTA but thrice as glitch ridden.

Oh course I still pop in Demon's Souls now and then but the game really requires you to commit to several hours of gameplay to even hope to acheive anything at all. Easily the hardest game I've ever played, but so cool and creepy, atmospheric and moody - great game for those with the spine to stick with it.

Other than that we may start a new game soon, possibly Darksiders on 360 which looks quite interesting for sure!

trink39.gif

currently going through:

Half Life 2 (for the billionth time)

Bioshock

Assassins' Creed

Left For Dead 2

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

And I just beat Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2

QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Jan 10 2010, 05:52 PM)
currently going through:

Half Life 2 (for the billionth time)
Bioshock
Assassins' Creed
Left For Dead 2
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

And I just beat Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2

All of those are great games common001.gif

I've been playing:

Assassin's Creed 2

Mass Effect - just beat my 2nd playthrough

Fallout 3 - working on my 2nd playthrough

Modern Warfare 2

i cant wait until the 26th for Mass Effect 2. im giddy

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Jan 16 2010, 06:29 AM)
Demon's Souls (after reading this thread biggrin.gif ) and Bayonetta, which is absolutely INSANE wacko.gif laugh.gif

How you enjoying Demon's Souls? I was rather proud to at least beat the FIRST level so far, which perhaps most importantly unlocks the ability to level up, even though leveling is difficult!

and Bayonetta, which is absolutely INSANE wacko.gif laugh.gif

Do you have the 360 version or the PS3 version? Sadly I've read that the port to PS3 is pretty shitty with very long load times, frame rate issues etc otherwise I would have bought it by now.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jan 16 2010, 02:18 PM)
Demon's Souls (after reading this thread  biggrin.gif  ) and Bayonetta, which is absolutely INSANE  wacko.gif  laugh.gif

How you enjoying Demon's Souls? I was rather proud to at least beat the FIRST level so far, which perhaps most importantly unlocks the ability to level up, even though leveling is difficult!

I love it! biggrin.gif The only problem is the amount of time it takes. I think I've put about 15 hours in so far and I've only got to the third level - the rest of the time I've spent redoing the first couple to get the souls to boost my stats laugh.gif

The atmosphere it creates is fantastic new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jan 16 2010, 03:10 PM)
and Bayonetta, which is absolutely INSANE  wacko.gif  laugh.gif

Do you have the 360 version or the PS3 version? Sadly I've read that the port to PS3 is pretty shitty with very long load times, frame rate issues etc otherwise I would have bought it by now.

Yeah, fortunately I saw the reviews before buying it, so I got the 360 version smile.gif

Half Life 2 (still going through it)

Half Life 2: Episode Two (for the tenth time)

BioShock (Just killed Andrew Ryan)

Assassins' Creed

Splinter Cell: Double Agent (again)

I finally sent the baddies back to their cells in Arkham Asylum.

*SPOILER ALERT**SPOILER ALERT**SPOILER ALERT**SPOILER ALERT**SPOILER ALERT**SPOILER ALERT**SPOILER ALERT**SPOILER ALERT**SPOILER ALERT**SPOILER ALERT**SPOILER ALERT**SPOILER ALERT**SPOILER ALERT*

THERE IS TOTALLY A SPOILER BELOW HERE!!

I found the last boss fight to be a bit easy and predictable. Yeah, Joker's got the Venom stuff, but even half eaten brain stems in jars would have figured that he'd take the stuff himself. Still, not a bad fight or story line by any means. Mark Hamill has a GREAT, SUPERB AND AWESOME performance as Joker, and the other voices are great too.

HEY, YOU JUST MISSED THE SPOILER! SCROLL UP IF YOU DARE!

OK, there's Arkham Asylum finished. Now what's next?

I dunno. I'll probably take on inFamous or Brutal Legend.

Just starting a couple of new games including Bayonetta (I got soooo hooked on the PS3 demo!) and also Mass Effect 2.

Before I get to those though I am totally immersed in DARKSIDERS on 360. This game is freaking sweet, totally chaotic, awesome graphics and fighting controls and leveling! It's like God of War on steroids except with the theme being The Four Horsemen: Heaven versus Hell sort of theme instead of the mythology bit.

Totally great game and I'd suggest others give it a try! Here is the video review on IGN:

IGN REVIEW: DARKSIDERS

QUOTE (English Muffin @ Feb 6 2010, 04:36 PM)
What do people think of Brutal Legend?

Awesome game in that it is so much fun and so funny.

A bit on the short side and obviously geared towards fans of hard rock and metal for all the great jokes they have in there plus the soundtrack of course!

Yeah that's how I would describe it, fun game, funny story. Some of the gameplay can get a smidgen repetitive but the fun and fast moving story make up for that IMO.

Go give it a shot! Unless you're budget is really tight and looking for a game with a longer play through and replayability I'm sure you'd enjoy it!

Mass Effect 2 blew my mind, now i begin the long wait for Mass Effect 3.

Coming out soon is Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and i have been playing the HELL out of the demo its so fun.

QUOTE (JoenataArctica @ Feb 6 2010, 05:16 PM)
Mass Effect 2 blew my mind, now i begin the long wait for Mass Effect 3.

Coming out soon is Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and i have been playing the HELL out of the demo its so fun.

Just started it. Awesome game obviously and just enormous. Has it's share of problems though, it really could use a map for all levels not just some of them, and little niggling problems like stat updates go by so fast I can't even read them all *flash flash flash* *headshot count now 4/15! Iridium found 200! New technology learned!* And it is nowhere in the game logs so as a self admitted "leveling addict" I find stuff like that a bit annoying.

Still epic game though, and jaw dropping graphics. Can;t wait to get further into it, I loved all the little planetary side quests in the first one.

Forgot to post a screenie I did the other night. My ship on a mining asteroid, taking a break during a mission after kicking some Klingon asses. The graphics are nice in this game.

http://content.screencast.com/users/bruceandwanda/folders/Jing/media/964eb643-8f10-4425-bc63-d0d187e6fc3f/Trek.png

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Feb 11 2010, 11:47 PM)
Forgot to post a screenie I did the other night.  My ship on a mining asteroid, taking a break during a mission after kicking some Klingon asses.  The graphics are nice in this game.

http://content.screencast.com/users/bruceandwanda/folders/Jing/media/964eb643-8f10-4425-bc63-d0d187e6fc3f/Trek.png

Cool, is that like Warcraft but Star Trek style? smile.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Feb 12 2010, 09:57 AM)
Forgot to post a screenie I did the other night.  My ship on a mining asteroid, taking a break during a mission after kicking some Klingon asses.  The graphics are nice in this game.

I never played Warcraft, but it's possible I guess. cool.gif You can also beam down to the planet for some ground combat action.

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Feb 13 2010, 06:37 AM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Feb 12 2010, 09:57 AM)

I never played Warcraft, but it's possible I guess. cool.gif You can also beam down to the planet for some ground combat action.

Looks quite good, that. I checked out the site. I've been watching lots of Trek lately. (TNG, Voyager and DS9) smile.gif