What game(s) are you playing through right now?

deadwing2112

QUOTE (English Muffin @ Feb 14 2009, 02:47 PM)
QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Jan 29 2009, 07:04 AM)
DIablo 2 Lord of Destruction
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Still diablo? ohmy.gif

He's gotta get hyped for the third installment!

As for me... playing through Persona 3 FES right now... Shin Megami Tensei is probably the best series of RPG's, ever. And also... I started playing WoW sad.gif don't think it'll quite suck the entire life out of me, though. Fun game when you've got people to run with.

QUOTE (English Muffin @ Feb 14 2009, 10:47 AM)

Still diablo? ohmy.gif

I haven't played it in a few weeks now.

been busier with

Majora's Mask

Super mario 64

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Feb 15 2009, 09:29 AM)
QUOTE (English Muffin @ Feb 14 2009, 02:47 PM)

Still diablo? ohmy.gif

He's gotta get hyped for the third installment!

As for me... playing through Persona 3 FES right now... Shin Megami Tensei is probably the best series of RPG's, ever. And also... I started playing WoW sad.gif don't think it'll quite suck the entire life out of me, though. Fun game when you've got people to run with.

You are right though, i want Diablo III now!

I'm getting tired of waiting.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Feb 15 2009, 08:42 PM)
QUOTE (English Muffin @ Feb 14 2009, 10:47 AM)

Still diablo? ohmy.gif

I haven't played it in a few weeks now.

been busier with

Majora's Mask

Super mario 64

I'm gonna get that out soon...

Diablo 3 doesnt appeal to me for some reason.. perhaps the fact you only have 2 characters...

Well... my f**king peehole 360 is dead again. My second RROD not under warranty....

Aaaaaargh.

I have to think long and hard about whether to get another console. Apparently they have a newer motherboard configuration that is more robust against breaking.

For anyone who *is* in the market for a new 360, I'd suggest following this guide on how to score a "Jasper" version of the 360, although it hasn't been in the wild long enough to really get evidence whether it is any better or not.

Here is a useful link on IDing one of the suckers:

Idenitfy a Jasper 360

Won't they fix the RROD even if it's not under warranty? I'm not completely sure about that, but I swear I read it when I had to send mine back.

Edit: Nope, I was wrong. I just went and read their site again. WOW. If mine breaks again not under warranty I will not pay over a hundred bucks to fix it. God, M$ sucks.

Edited by Storm Shadow

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Feb 17 2009, 11:27 AM)
Won't they fix the RROD even if it's not under warranty? I'm not completely sure about that, but I swear I read it when I had to send mine back.

Edit: Nope, I was wrong. I just went and read their site again. WOW. If mine breaks again not under warranty I will not pay over a hundred bucks to fix it. God, M$ sucks.

Yeah I am stuck buying a new one.... or saying f**k it altogether.

I actually just had to go to Best Buy for a printer and thought I'd see if they had ay Jasper 360s in stock just for kicks... I pick up a 360 Elite box and the guy working there immediately says "We don't have any Jasper models" he said I was the 8th person there today to check - but that from what he has read they are just as bad as the older 360 models....

Aye aye aye! Just when XBOX was making a decent run against Sony for the best games library they go and shoot themselves in the head with this bullshit. Unbelievable.

I broke down and bought Fallout 3, Hot Shots Out of Bounds and Fear 2 on the PS3 instead.

Rock Band biggrin.gif

I got a 92% on drums on Tom Sawyer. On Easy.

I ROCK, man. I just...ROCK. 1022.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 24 2009, 05:37 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 24 2009, 02:37 PM)
Rock Band biggrin.gif

I got a 92% on drums on Tom Sawyer.  On Easy.

I ROCK, man. I just...ROCK.  1022.gif

rofl3.gif

The Virtual audience just love you wink.gif tongue.gif

Haha! "Press this key and you can play along". tongue.gif

Rock Band biggrin.gif

rofl3.gif

At the risk of exposing my lack of musical skills, I will chime in with a Rock Band 2 story of my own

I bought RB2 before Christmas ("for the kids")rofl3.gif and actually held off on opening it or playing it until mid February when I gave it to my son as an extra birthday gift. He's wonderfully curious about music and loves Rush so when I sat him down in front of the drums (after my own Epic Fail) I was thrilled to see his face light light up and after a few go arounds, he got the whole idea of hitting the drums (on Easy) and to my shock (and dismay when I tried it) he got a 51% on Easy on Limelight his first try. With each song his confidence and coordination betwen hands and feet have grown and he is really digging playing.

Me, on the other hand, I seem to have zero drum skills. I gave up epic failing and picked up guitar. Limelight is a "solid" difficulty song for guitar and I started at Easy and then moved to Medium once I could do the song flawlessly. A little practice and I could play the entire song with either 98 or 99% on medium (I always miss this one transition right before the solo no matter what I do) so Ive just moved up to "Hard" and now my hands are cramping because I'm such a guitar n00b but its proving to be a lot of fun.

For kicks, I attempted to play Metallica's "Battery" on Medium difficulty on guitar.

Yep, you guessed it, Epic Fail for the most part, but managed a 71%

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Feb 25 2009, 01:35 PM)
Rock Band biggrin.gif

rofl3.gif

At the risk of exposing my lack of musical skills, I will chime in with a Rock Band 2 story of my own

I bought RB2 before Christmas ("for the kids")rofl3.gif and actually held off on opening it or playing it until mid February when I gave it to my son as an extra birthday gift. He's wonderfully curious about music and loves Rush so when I sat him down in front of the drums (after my own Epic Fail) I was thrilled to see his face light light up and after a few go arounds, he got the whole idea of hitting the drums (on Easy) and to my shock (and dismay when I tried it) he got a 51% on Easy on Limelight his first try. With each song his confidence and coordination betwen hands and feet have grown and he is really digging playing.

Me, on the other hand, I seem to have zero drum skills. I gave up epic failing and picked up guitar. Limelight is a "solid" difficulty song for guitar and I started at Easy and then moved to Medium once I could do the song flawlessly. A little practice and I could play the entire song with either 98 or 99% on medium (I always miss this one transition right before the solo no matter what I do) so Ive just moved up to "Hard" and now my hands are cramping because I'm such a guitar n00b but its proving to be a lot of fun.

For kicks, I attempted to play Metallica's "Battery" on Medium difficulty on guitar.

Yep, you guessed it, Epic Fail for the most part, but managed a 71%

EXPERT OR BUST!! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Feb 17 2009, 03:14 PM)
Well... my f**king peehole 360 is dead again. My second RROD not under warranty....

Aaaaaargh.

I have to think long and hard about whether to get another console. Apparently they have a newer motherboard configuration that is more robust against breaking.

For anyone who *is* in the market for a new 360, I'd suggest following this guide on how to score a "Jasper" version of the 360, although it hasn't been in the wild long enough to really get evidence whether it is any better or not.

Here is a useful link on IDing one of the suckers:

Idenitfy a Jasper 360

My second 360 red-ringed a few weeks back, too. I've managed to get a Jasper to replace it. Time will tell if they're any more reliable.

Ironically, I haven't even used it recently as I've been playing Final Fantasy X on PS2 and, over the last couple of days, Killzone 2 on the PS3, which is absolutely stunning.

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Mar 6 2009, 10:45 AM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Feb 23 2009, 09:58 PM)
Chrono Trigger DS!

Ahhhhh nostalgia.

Fantastic, isn't it? Puts most modern RPGs in the shade cool.gif

Pretty true, the only thing it really lacks is difficulty. Crono/Robo/Ayla = no deaths. Ever. laugh.gif

NHL 06 (gamecube)

Metroid Prime II

Metroid Prime III

Metroid

Super Metroid

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past

The Legend of Zelda: Master Quest

The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

I've been busy, i know.

'Assassin's Creed'. Fantastic!

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Mar 23 2009, 06:50 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 23 2009, 09:41 AM)
'Assassin's Creed'. Fantastic!

I always wanted to try that game, never got around to it though.

The game has some detractors for being repetitive, but I loved it. I never got tired of running up walls and stabbing people with the Hidden Blade. I really liked the unique combat system too.