What game(s) are you playing through right now?

deadwing2112

After getting frustrated by Final Fantasy III for the DS by having a rediculously hard ending, I picked it up again. I am doing some massive leveling up, and shall not be denied again! 1287.gif

The really annoying part is how you have to play for about an hour and a half with no saves and if you lose, you have to do it all over again.

QUOTE (rushringleader @ Aug 1 2008, 08:07 PM)
After getting frustrated by Final Fantasy III for the DS by having a rediculously hard ending, I picked it up again. I am doing some massive leveling up, and shall not be denied again! 1287.gif

The really annoying part is how you have to play for about an hour and a half with no saves and if you lose, you have to do it all over again.

I beat it yesterday. Unfortunately this comes at a really bad time. I would like to get Final Fantasy IV now, however, I know I will drop it once Madden comes for to long. I guess Madden is next on my list.

QUOTE (rushringleader @ Aug 4 2008, 05:50 AM)

I beat it yesterday. Unfortunately this comes at a really bad time. I would like to get Final Fantasy IV now, however, I know I will drop it once Madden comes for to long. I guess Madden is next on my list.

My levels were low 50s when I beat the game (last night smile.gif ). It wasn't too hard getting to Dark Cloud, but she's one mean boss!

I want Final Fantasy IV, but I'd have to import. I'll probably beat FF 12 next smile.gif

QUOTE (Slime @ Aug 3 2008, 07:43 PM)
QUOTE (rushringleader @ Aug 4 2008, 05:50 AM)

My levels were low 50s when I beat the game (last night smile.gif ). It wasn't too hard getting to Dark Cloud, but she's one mean boss!

I want Final Fantasy IV, but I'd have to import. I'll probably beat FF 12 next smile.gif

Yeah, I should beat 12 too. That will be my mission, finish it before August 12.

QUOTE (Slime @ Aug 4 2008, 07:11 PM)
12 is a great game. Unfortunately my mornings are no longer free due to early summer classes sad.gif

Oh well

I just wish Amazon would ship Western games to me sad.gif

Can you get past that bear of a level that is 6-5?

Halo 2 for PC.

I'm looking forward to Dead Space!

Games I've played through this year (so far - oh, and all games are PC only):

World in Conflict - awesome game, rumored expansion where you play as the Soviets

Mass Effect - meh, it was okay

Far Cry (third playthrough) - Lots of fun

Crysis - Not bad, but the cliffhanger pissed me off

The entire Baldur's Gate series for the fifth time

The Witcher (twice) - great game

Bioshock - good game for one playthrough

Sins of a Solar Empire - not bad for an RTS which I don't normally like, except for...

Homeworld (ninth or tenth playthrough) - fantastic game and ya gotta love the Yes song that plays over the end credits.

Neverwinter Nights 2 (second time) and NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer

Supreme Commander - my first "traditional" RTS, I liked it, but I'm just too old to play those kinds of games (I can't build fast enough to keep up)

Finished up two consecutive playthroughs last week of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines - Really great game

And finally, I'm currently about halfway through my 20th or so playthrough of Deus Ex. This is by far my favorite game ever, and I just can't wait for DX3 (it had better be NOTHING like Deus Ex: Invisible War), which will hopefully be out late next year or early to mid 2010.

Finished Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions on PSP, which was fantastic and has probably taken the crown of "My Favourite Handheld Game" away from the Fire Emblem games on the GBA.

I've now moved on to Disgaea: Afternoon Of Darkness, also on PSP, and which is totally insane wacko.gif laugh.gif

At the moment I'm really enjoying how the PSP and the DS are giving me the chance to play some of the older classics that I missed out on first time around. Both Final Fantasy IV and Dragon Quest IV are also due out on the DS in the UK in a couple of weeks - looking forward to those too.

p.s. totally agree about the end of Crysis! new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Aug 27 2008, 03:10 PM)
Me too, Jack. Another one I'm looking forward to that also has "Dead" in the title.....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5b/Left4Dead_Windows_cover.jpg

FPS zombie killing from Valve..... wub.gif

Oh yeah! If it's Valve you know it's gonna be great.

Hey, have you played Portal? It's got to be one of the most frustrating yet rewarding games I've ever played.