What game(s) are you playing through right now?

deadwing2112

37 minutes ago, NoahLutz said:

Of course I bought it on the Series X despite owning it on the Wii (and still having by backwards compatable Wii-U set up.  I’m a sucker, but I’m a consistent one.

I have it on the Wii. I still use my backwards-compatible Wii for GameCube games. I also have a GameCube and a Wii U. My brother has it on the Switch.

• Like 1

Halo 2. Last summer I played Reach, immediately followed by CE, immediately followed by 2 - all for the first time. It was way too much at one time. Replaying 2 a year later is much better, and it also seems a lot easier. Maybe its because I'm now familiar with the levels, or it could be because I was not in it fully mentally last time. 

I never played it but after watching The Last Of Us (and really liking the production and characters a lot) and an acquaintance said it was a good game, I am wondering.

Never got into the solo explorer RPG adventure games, at some point they hit a wall for me.

Yet, the television series has many moments when I thought it was very game-like. Would you pick up that instrument? How is your Health? Do you Trust that stranger?

Is that kind of on the right track?

14 hours ago, Bahamas said:

I never played it but after watching The Last Of Us (and really liking the production and characters a lot) and an acquaintance said it was a good game, I am wondering.

Never got into the solo explorer RPG adventure games, at some point they hit a wall for me.

Yet, the television series has many moments when I thought it was very game-like. Would you pick up that instrument? How is your Health? Do you Trust that stranger?

Is that kind of on the right track?

The first game is great, but largely for narrative reasons and not for game innovation.  It is a classic zombie shooter with some elements of survival games, but the story is great.  The second game destroyed the story of the first in order to go completely woke, but if you don't care about story consistency or you don't mind excessive wokeness, you'll like the game as the mechanics remain strong.  

The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe

The original 2013 game was already terrific, but this revisiting/reimagination they did takes it further, and replaying it has been a joy. I feel like every veteran gamer should experience this game commentary game.

9 hours ago, NoahLutz said:

The first game is great, but largely for narrative reasons and not for game innovation.  It is a classic zombie shooter with some elements of survival games, but the story is great.  The second game destroyed the story of the first in order to go completely woke, but if you don't care about story consistency or you don't mind excessive wokeness, you'll like the game as the mechanics remain strong.  

I read up on the game, PS3,4,5. I was hoping for a PC version, but that is coming at the end of March and from experience, I don't get a game when it is released.

We have a PS 3 and 4 in the house, but I appreciate what you are saying - the story is great - and I think I got enough of that from the show. But zombie shooters aren't my thing and I have tried a couple of more pure survival games. Then I read that the two main actors for the series were on Game Of Thrones together, so that makes sense. Great role playing. 

On 7/15/2023 at 7:47 PM, ST3V said:

Halo 3: ODST

best Halo OST

Marty O' Donnell did some great composing for the Halo games. Unmatched quality for video games in the 2000's. I have hours of Halo OST soundtracks on my spotify playlists.

Some favorites: Peril (Halo 2), The Light At The End (Halo 3 ODST), Charity's Iron (Halo 2 A)

I have a lot of good memories tied up in the first four games. I came back around in early 2022 to get one last Halo status achievement: beat Halo 2 on Legendary. That was nuts, took me a couple weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Marty O' Donnell did some great composing for the Halo games. Unmatched quality for video games in the 2000's. I have hours of Halo OST soundtracks on my spotify playlists.

Some favorites: Peril (Halo 2), The Light At The End (Halo 3 ODST), Charity's Iron (Halo 2 A)

I have a lot of good memories tied up in the first four games. I came back around in early 2022 to get one last Halo status achievement: beat Halo 2 on Legendary. That was nuts, took me a couple weeks.

Me and a buddy attempted co op Halo 2 legendary a few months ago. I think we got to only 2 missions left. We shall finish this fight soon

10 minutes ago, ST3V said:

Me and a buddy attempted co op Halo 2 legendary a few months ago. I think we got to only 2 missions left. We shall finish this fight soon

I think it's easier solo, since Halo 2 co-op legendary resets checkpoint if either one of you dies. It's a grind.

Gravemind, dude. Gravemind. Ow.

Something I've also had fun with on MCC is using the skull to fly around on Halo 2, really see everything they didn't want you to see. You can break multiple levels flying around, such as the gondola at the end of Quarantine Zone.

Sci-fi shooters may come and go, but there'll never be another Halo 2.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 3:07 PM, That One Guy said:

I think it's easier solo, since Halo 2 co-op legendary resets checkpoint if either one of you dies. It's a grind.

Gravemind, dude. Gravemind. Ow.

Something I've also had fun with on MCC is using the skull to fly around on Halo 2, really see everything they didn't want you to see. You can break multiple levels flying around, such as the gondola at the end of Quarantine Zone.

Sci-fi shooters may come and go, but there'll never be another Halo 2.

therell never be another run of great video games on the same level as Bungie's 5 Halo games. therell never be another Marty O'Donnell either. im not a Destiny fan but the music is great and fitting and just mature

On 8/30/2023 at 8:57 AM, ST3V said:

therell never be another run of great video games on the same level as Bungie's 5 Halo games. therell never be another Marty O'Donnell either. im not a Destiny fan but the music is great and fitting and just mature

The golden years. The naughts brought us so many terrific videogames. Reach was an excellent sendoff for Bungie to leave the franchise with. Halo 1 was groundbreaking and still holds up as a great shooter. Halo 3 may have had the most straightforward story, but the multiplayer is still chef's kiss sixteen years later; I still occasionally play Halo 3 online.

I haven't played too many modern games that weren't just remakes of old stuff. Red Dead Redemption 2 is one of the only new titles of the last 5 years I've played; granted it was a masterpiece. I enjoyed stuff like the Crash Team Racing remaster, Spyro trilogy remaster, but it's hard to count those as enjoying new things--they're just old things with a fresh coat of paint.