Counter Parts

wayshway

All I have to say is "This album Rocks!!!" biggrin.gif

It's one of my Rush favorites.

I haven't heard it a while and I fell in love with it all over again. It's been in my car for 2 weeks.

2.gif

QUOTE (Sonilink @ Oct 15 2006, 04:43 PM)
Simply my favorite rush album

2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
Sonilink, mortkort
Hi fellow 335 lover!

CP is a rocking Rush album! 1022.gif

hi Sonilink! bekloppt.gif

I think this album is really upbeat. Cut to the Chase and Cold Fire are my favorite tracks. The solo on Cut to the Chase rules. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Oct 15 2006, 08:14 PM)
I love it overall. I just am not crazy about Animate and Nobody's Hero. The rest is great. smile.gif

My thoughts exactly...well, almost.

I even like Nobody's hero, minus the opening line. I don;t mind the concept, but the line just bugs me.

It took a while for that album to grow on me but I came around eventually. I love Cut To The Chase and Alien Shore. The others are pretty good but Animate still has never done anything for me.

I like it more than I used to, but it still is located among my least favorites.

However, I do like "speed of love" and "everyday glory". "Cut to the Chase" and "Alien shore" are alright as well.

I cannot stand "Double Agent" though. It's very awkward.

I just can't understand why any fan of Rush would not like this album as it is very "RUSH" in every way shape and form. It is a very mature album and does take the listener in a few different directions but every song is a winner. However, to each his/her own of course.

This album was an amazing return to form after the so-so Presto and the very patchy Roll the Bones. It was pretty shocking when it came out, considering how heavy much of it is, but I always thought it was a great album, and still EASILY their best album since HYF. The first three songs are unbelievably kick-ass, and I always loved Nobody's Hero too. It was such a "statement" song, and one I cheered immediately when I first heard it. It's got a great chorus and it's a great emotional anthem-like song for them. The rest of the album isn't quite as brilliant as the first four songs, but most of it is close enough, and I find it generally very consistent. A great and unique Rush album all around.

QUOTE (Margana @ Oct 15 2006, 03:55 PM)
Like Fride, I can't stand it either apart from Animate.

So you mean if you were locked in a car with this album blaring through the speakers, you'd go totally crazy??! fing.gif tongue.gif

I love this album too yes.gif Leave That Thing Alone remains one of my favorite Rush tunes ever trink39.gif

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Oct 16 2006, 01:31 PM)
I love this album too yes.gif Leave That Thing Alone remains one of my favorite Rush tunes ever trink39.gif

no.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Oct 16 2006, 12:50 AM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Oct 15 2006, 08:14 PM)
I love it overall. I just am not crazy about Animate and Nobody's Hero. The rest is great.  smile.gif

My thoughts exactly...well, almost.

I even like Nobody's hero, minus the opening line. I don;t mind the concept, but the line just bugs me.

I know what you mean. The song has a great message but the lyrical structuring has always sounded clumsy to my ears.

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Oct 16 2006, 12:10 PM)
I just can't understand why any fan of Rush would not like this album as it is very "RUSH" in every way shape and form. It is a very mature album and does take the listener in a few different directions but every song is a winner. However, to each his/her own of course.

I so agree with you.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 16 2006, 12:11 PM)
I think "Signals" is the penultimate Rush album.

Excuse my ignorance, but what does penultimate mean?

I guess I could go find my dictionary tongue.gif

Archived