You know you're a Rush fan when...

fledgehog

You Know You're A Rush Fan When...

1. Your plans for either a honeymoon in Paris or traveling the American Southwest fly out of the window so that you can go see the boys for your honeymoon instead. (You also know that you're a bigger fan than you're future spouse when you try to move your wedding date around to see even more shows...)

2. Just the thought of having one (or two) soups makes your day.

3. You find yourself saying things like "100 percent for you!", "The last time someone grabbed my sausage...", "Some people like crap!" etc... on a regular basis.

4. You subject all of your friends, family, and telemarketers to your "YYZ" ringback every time they call.

5. You seriously consider engineering a Shrimp Cot.

6. You start mapping the best place on your body for that Clockwork Angels inspired tattoo you're getting for your 31st birthday.

7. Your Facebook friends, who are also your friends in real life, threaten to un-friend you because they are sick of all of the Rush-talk with fellow Rush fans on FB that you've never met... and you don't care.

8. You seriously consider the names "Geddy", "Alex", "Neil", "Lee", or "Ellwood" for your future child, regardless of if it's a boy or a girl.

9. You seriously consider buying a BMW motorcycle instead of a Harley because Neil has so many great things to say about them. Even though you know that airbrushed Elvis you've been dreaming about having painted on your HD would never look right on the Beemer.

10. Their lyrics get you to change a lot of your outlook on the world. (But I think most of us can say that)

11. You ask your honey to buy you a bottle of Jonata wine for your birthday.

OK, that's all I've got right now...

• Like 2

You hear or see the Book "Chronicles 1" in the bible and immediately think of the first cd of Chronicles from Rush

You hear or see the Book "Chronicles 2" in the bible and immediately think of the second cd of Chronicles from Rush

You see someone performing an Anthem in church and Anthem immediately pops in your head and you wish they were performing that...

You hear or see the Book "Chronicles 1" in the bible and immediately think of the first cd of Chronicles from Rush

You hear or see the Book "Chronicles 2" in the bible and immediately think of the second cd of Chronicles from Rush

You see someone performing an Anthem in church and Anthem immediately pops in your head and you wish they were performing that...

You know you're a Rush fan when:

1. You always look around for Geddy when you're in a wine store.

2. You always look around for Alex when you're on the golf course.

3. You check every motorcycle that goes by to see if it's a red BMW.

4. You start reading books about people who make long journeys on motorcycles, even though you're terrified of riding on one yourself.

5. You always have Rush music playing in your head (I know this isn't original, but it's the one that's common to all of us on this forum!)

GO RUSH! Can't wait to see Clockwork Angels played live this summer!

:geddy: :rush:

• Like 1

You know you're a Rush fan when:

1. You always look around for Geddy when you're in a wine store.

2. You always look around for Alex when you're on the golf course.

3. You check every motorcycle that goes by to see if it's a red BMW.

4. You start reading books about people who make long journeys on motorcycles, even though you're terrified of riding on one yourself.

5. You always have Rush music playing in your head (I know this isn't original, but it's the one that's common to all of us on this forum!)

GO RUSH! Can't wait to see Clockwork Angels played live this summer!

:geddy: :rush:

Haha I didn't think of these but it's kind of true!

• Like 2

You always wear your Rush red hoodie when you go outside to run errands, go shopping, etc. So much so that the hubby has complained "Don't you have any other clothes to wear?"

(He's not a Rush fan so he just doesn't understand!!)

:haz: :rush: :rush: :haz:

• Like 1

When playing drums you think "What would Neil do"

When making any decision in life you ask yourself "What would Neil Do?"

:dweez:

• Like 1

2112 gives you ideas for your Nanowrimo project this year. *is so guilty of that lol*

Blah: Blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah.

Blah: Blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah.Blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah.

Blah: Blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah. blah blah, blah blah blah blah.

Blah!

• Like 1

When you cancel going to a class that could possibly launch your next career because Geddy and Alex are doing a Q&A session near your home that same night.

So worth it...

• Like 1

When you hear people list their favorite bass players and they don't mention Geddy and you lose all respect and stop listening or caring what they say, altogether. Forever.

When you didn't even notice that geddy's hair in the 80's was less than awesome.

:LOL:

• Like 2

When you cancel going to a class that could possibly launch your next career because Geddy and Alex are doing a Q&A session near your home that same night.

So worth it...

career, schmareer

• Like 1

When your five-year old is playing with his trains and suddenly belts out "Duh-na na-na na-na! Duh-na na-na na-Noom! In a world lit only by fiiiiire....."
  • Like 2

The only reason you ever watched the first season of Andromeda (despite loving Kevin Sorbo almost as much as you do the boys) is because Alex did the theme song.

Granted, I've always thought he should have done all the music, but I can't have everything right?

Edited by Liana
  • Like 1

When people say they've never heard of Rush until they meet me.

"Hi! Nice to meet you, I like Rush!"

When meeting someone who said this when they met you would be just about the coolest thing!

• Like 1

The only reason you ever watched the first season of Andromeda (despite loving Kevin Sorbo almost as much as you do the boys) is because Alex did the theme song.

Granted, I've always thought he should have done all the music, but I can't have everything right?

Also adding on to this since I just thought of it.

When you read an article on Andromeda about a month before it premiered and it mentioned Alex doing the theme song, and you literally scream when you get to that part. My mother looked at me like I was crazy when i did that XD

:blush: